Appearances
Clean sheets
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Teja

Excellent defensive signings! I had my doubts about Maguire but both him and AWB are going prove that they were worth the money we've spent. Back line's set for the next five years if DDG signs that contract.

Ludens the Red

It’s so refreshing after years or Young Valencia and Darmian to have a proper right back. Good old fashioned. Think he could be how Heinze was for us in his first year .

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
Carried on where he left off in preseason. Emerson was completely shut down, Pulisic..? Did he play? Plus he's inherited the Fellaini chant. :lol: Glad for the lad. Such a huge step up from converted wingers.

Siorac

I’d say he looks very comfortable on the ball, just not when his in the attacking 3rd. I like how he stops the ball dead and passes accurately to a player.

He can make the unusual #29 his own and iconic. Kind of like Tevez32 & Terry26. Sorry for using twats as example but you see what I mean.
Vidic with number 15 would have been a better example :)

L1nk

The best signing of the lot I think, ANYTHING to get Young off that team sheet, how much better is it with an actual RB there, wow.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Absolutely immense.

Made a few little sloppy errors in the 2nd but my god did he cover the ground today. Must have been knackered.

So so pleased with him.

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
Last season we finished five points outside the top four.

Does anyone think having this guy at RB instead of Ashley Young at RB won't be worth five points in and of itself?

Hawks2008

He was crucial in the first half during those shaky moments and nice to see him carry his pre season form into the first game.

Cloud7

It’ll be hard for him to displace TAA.

Great debut. Delighted for him.
He's in another class from TAA defensively and can definitely improve in attack but he doesn't look weak there either.

It'll depend on what style Southgate prefers but he's a much more well rounded player than TAA to me
If Southgate continues with the back 3, AWB will probably take up the RCB role that Walker currently occupies, with TAA as the right wing back. England certainly have a wealth of riches in the RB position with Walker, TAA and AWB.

VorZakone

What would Kenny G do?
If Southgate continues with the back 3, AWB will probably take up the RCB role that Walker currently occupies, with TAA as the right wing back. England certainly have a wealth of riches in the RB position with Walker, TAA and AWB.
Most countries would kill for that kind of depth at RB.

Pyro19

From Ashley Young to this.

I love the fact that he can defend virtually against all types of players and is so aware of his positioning.

Reactions: golden_blunder

Pace Abuser

He was excellent. Pleased with him. He had no help in to attack. Was hamstrung all game.

oreon

He is the best defensive RB in the world. If he can improve going forward he'll be the best in his position in a few years.

Reactions: golden_blunder

Nick7

Looked mediocre on the ball especially his passing. Defends really well though.
Huh? I thought he was very good on the ball. He had great control and was a good passer. He's obviously not going to be picking out attacking runs and pinging balls like Scholes was but he looked very assured in his passing.

SAFMUTD

Whats this feeling? Is it Christmas? This is how having a proper RB feels like?

He was superb on defence today, on attack he was left to die, he received no support at all.

We need an rvn

Last season we finished five points outside the top four.

Does anyone think having this guy at RB instead of Ashley Young at RB won't be worth five points in and of itself?
I'll wait till MOTD tonight but I think between him and HMG we might be more solid at the back this year and a few more points.

Toad

He is literally so hard to get past. So nice to not have to worry about people attacking down that side as much.

Jazz

Just in case anyone missed it. I don't like Mount.
Love him.

I thought the lad would be nervous on his debut. None of that, got right into it.

Walters_19_MuFc

Defensively, apart from one poor clearance, he was solid as usual. Attacking wise, he got forward quite well, but had no support from the right winger like he did during pre season. Pereira and Lingard were way too narrow.

kiristao

Great defensively. Will be much better going forward if he has a proper RW playing in front of him. With Periera and Lingard both getting drawn central he was forced to curtail his runs. When he plays with James or Greenwood in front of him, we might see more of his offensive side.

arnie_ni

In the first half every time he got the ball everyone ran away from him, no one showed. It was so annoying.

Godfather

Was left alone with two opponents way too often today. Not sure who actually was at fault for this. Must have been Pereira or Lingard but they didn't track back nearly enough. Emerson had too much joy.

Good game from AWB though.

Zlaatan

Parody Account
This guy is going to be a beast for us. So happy to have a proper RB again!

Status
Not open for further replies.