Abandon Utd - Find a new club

Jaxa

None, supporting a football club puts years on your life especially one like man united with stress, i am surprised i'm not bald or grey at this point

RedNed77

Stockport County
My first thought due to where I live, then I remembered that the fan base is about 80% bitter. Last time I went, admittedly a long time ago, the fans spent half their time singing about how they “only hate man United”

FCUM for me.

dannyrhinos89

OMG socks and sandals lol!
Probably Be borussia mönchengladbach, my auntie lived there for many years and I visited quite often. They’re basically the Man Utd of bundesliga anyway. In the last 6 seasons they’ve finished 4th, 3rd, 5th a few times.

izec

Probably just quit watching football

Or maybe pick up a smaller club from somewhere in Europe or South America, where i have family ties in or a place where i visited and have fond memories of.

DannyDee

I couldn’t stay in league. I hate the Oil clubs. Don’t like the two big Spanish clubs but would like a team with history and have the potential to eventually or are competing for UCL. Probably Bayern due to having Alphonso Davies or AC Milan hoping they turn it around. Maybe hope the MLS continues to get stronger and go all in on my local MLS club (TFC).

Although I feel dirty even thinking about this.

Sassy Colin

Death or the gladioli!
Aliens are in control of my tagline & location
My first thought due to where I live, then I remembered that the fan base is about 80% bitter. Last time I went, admittedly a long time ago, the fans spent half their time singing about how they “only hate man United”

FCUM for me.
Goes back a long way for me, me & my brother were looking for a no hoper 2nd club to support when we were kids, and this seemed like the obvious choice.

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
In my case, if Feyenoord were to dissappear I would support.. Uhm.. no one in particular really.

Or you know what, feck it, Id support Ajax and have something to cheer for a change.

Zlatans Knee

I live in Malmö, so Malmö FF are my second team (they are currently top of the Swedish league after 14 matches).

ivaldo

Mediocre Horse Whisperer, s'up wid chew?
What do you think about the pedestrianisation of Norwich city centre?
I'll be honest, I'm dead against it. People seem to forget that traders need access to DICKons.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
I’m also a Leyton Orient fan so that makes it easier for me. That said, I’d also want a top level team to engage with at the level of football I typically consume. I might go Spurs.

horsechoker

The Caf's Roy Keane.
I'd start a bidding war for my support.

In reality I'd probably be neutral and support a local team. I'd still have the same dislike of United's rivals though

yumtum

DUX' bumchum
None, my interest in football is at it's lowest point, so I think I'd just stop watching altogether.

red4ever 79

Would be Barca for me. Been to a lot of their games over the years. Used to vacation in that area when i was a small child. Remember going to the nou camp when I was 10 and just been overwhelmed.

Red Star One

United will never die. I’d probably secretly cheer for Leicester or Wolves in Premier League, but surely no fully fledged support to any other team. Perhaps I’d enjoy watching football without much emotional engagement

iHicksy

I wouldn't be able to support another club. The only reason I support United is because it was instilled in me as kid watching them play. I can't recapture that with another team. For instance, I can't imagine being passionate about another club simply because i'd have zero emotional attachment to said club. I guess if you're one of those weirdo's that supports the flavour of the month then it's not a problem but I have no interest in any other team.

RedNed77

Goes back a long way for me, me & my brother were looking for a no hoper 2nd club to support when we were kids, and this seemed like the obvious choice.
I used to watch them a fair bit when i was younger. Even went to Wembley to watch them in the Auto windscreens cup against Stoke back in the 90s. My dad used to have a pub called the Windsor Castle on edgely which was where all the ne'er do wells used to congregate before the game. It was an experience in there sometimes.

Lynty

Seem to be in the minority who love football more than United.
I'd move on quite easy I think.

Fortitude

TV/Monitor Expert
Scout
There's been times in the 90's and 00's where I was abroad for extended periods of time with little access to televised United games. The domestic league of the country was there and I'd go through the motions, but it is a hollower experience because you feel nothing for these teams you're watching on an emotional level.

If you truly support a team, the emotional affinity is threaded into your DNA, as cheesy or cliché as that may sound. It's why major events can give you highs and lows you didn't even know you were capable of feeling. When Fergie retired it felt like a bereavement, and I say that having experienced multiple deaths up to that point in my life. Same for the highs: the euphoria is not something you can replicate or replace.

No United, and I'd have no club allegiance. Just follow International football, the champions league and have a passing interest in domestic competitions. My interest would turn to watching all-time greats from the past and all potential all-time greats currently active. No emotional ties, though.

Eckers99

Michael Corleone says hello
I might go to the odd Salford or FCUM game but it would be something to do to get out of the house rather than a genuine passion. I'd be completely done with the PL.

Maybe then I'd transform into one of those small time sorts who gets weirdly passionate about England. Sporting chain mail and spilling (my own) blood on the continent.

Dyslexic Untied

Might have been mentioned already, but this reminds of the time we (Redcafe) adopted a new (second) favourite team. I think we, after a bit of research and possibly a poll, ended up with a Spanish second tier team. I am sure there is a thread on it.

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
Maybe a rival? I wonder if they are our rivals because they are different to us or more similar to us..

fps

I like lots of clubs and my local team Fulham will do fine.

Sassy Colin

Death or the gladioli!
Aliens are in control of my tagline & location
I used to watch them a fair bit when i was younger. Even went to Wembley to watch them in the Auto windscreens cup against Stoke back in the 90s. My dad used to have a pub called the Windsor Castle on edgely which was where all the ne'er do wells used to congregate before the game. It was an experience in there sometimes.
I went to Edgeley Park and stood on the terraces a few times. I went to the FA Cup Quarter Final at White Hart Lane, Spurs were much, much, better. I also went to the Playoff Final at Wembley and they won. Those were the days, no idea what happened after that. I thought I might go and see them play Maidenhead United sometime, but never got round to it.