Abortion

Kanu

Supports
Feyenoord & United
Watch ‘The Family’ on Netflix.

It is also somewhat crazy Christians at the state & local level.
Good shout, will try.

Agree on the lower level it's definitely crazy Christians who are easily influenced/manipulated by R.Murdoch propaganda, but from the top I just cannot believe the people in charge are that stupid. There has to be a larger agenda.

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member
Good shout, will try.

Agree on the lower level it's definitely crazy Christians who are easily influenced/manipulated by R.Murdoch propaganda, but from the top I just cannot believe the people in charge are that stupid. There has to be a larger agenda.
Gerrymandering has also done a lot of heavy lifting for minority rule in this country.

sport2793

What's just as scary if not scarier is that Clarence Thomas also took aim at other decisions like Griswold (legality of contraception) and Obergefell (same-sex marriage). These people really want to take us back to the dark ages, they are out of control.

sport2793

In reply to the current Governor of Arizona:

As someone born and raised in Arizona, I know a lot of people who unfortunately will be happy with today's decision. A lot of evangelicals, Catholics, and Mormons who are fanatical about being against abortion.

Balljy

I can't believe that a developed country has taken a step backwards as big as this, but could it be a big long-term mistake by the right? If the moderate right, centre and left don't agree with the decision which seems likely it could be an interesting few years if someone like AOC can gather enough momentum.

Oly Francis

Supports
PSG
Conservatives have long argued it should never have been considered a constitutional right and that the arguments that lead to an inferred "right to privacy" which Roe v Wade was based on is unconstitutional. That's why Thomas leaned into potentially striking down things like right to contraception access, same-sex marriage, etc, because all those verdicts were also based on the inferred right to privacy. The right to privacy was inferred from taking collectively the 1st, 2nd, 4th, 9th and 14th Amendments.
Well, Thomas did conveniently avoid to mention Loving v Virginia in his opinion. Weird, it's the one against banning interracial marriages... I wonder why.

sport2793

Well, Thomas did conveniently avoid to mention Loving v Virginia in his opinion. Weird, it's the one against banning interracial marriages... I wonder why.
That's a good point, really shows the total hypocrisy of these clowns.

Eyepopper

Lowering the tone since 2006
One small (not that small) step for erosion of human rights, one giant leap (like, really giant leap) for the unavoidable civil war that's already well in the post for the USA.

A civil war that the dem's will lose within weeks, if not days.

They're on a runaway train heading towards something new, a hyper capitalist, totalitarian, dictatorship.

Dr. Dwayne

Self proclaimed tagline king.
One small (not that small) step for erosion of human rights, one giant leap (like, really giant leap) for the unavoidable civil war that's already well in the post for the USA.

A civil war that the dem's will lose within weeks, if not days.

They're on a runaway train heading towards something new, a hyper capitalist, totalitarian, dictatorship.
Christo-fascist to be exact.

VidaRed

Unimaginative FC
Whats the big deal ?

If the republicans can ban abortion through legislation then the democrats can allow it through legislation aswell.

VidaRed

Unimaginative FC
Wish it was that simple.
The supreme court has not set aside any pro abortion laws, It has merely said the anti abortion law is not unconstitutional because there is no inherent constitutional right to abort a fetus.

If the democrats stop behaving like the utd board they might actually do some legislating that would nullify this ruling.

The actual problem is the old guard of the democrats which wants to appear as centrist and moderate and thus has to sideline the progressive part of the party. The registered democrats share the blame also for throwing the likes of bernie under the bus repeatedly in favour of so called moderates and establishment figures.

Balljy

The supreme court has not set aside any pro abortion laws, It has merely said the anti abortion law is not unconstitutional because there is no inherent constitutional right to abort a fetus.

If the democrats stop behaving like the utd board they might actually do some legislating that would nullify this ruling.

The actual problem is the old guard of the democrats which wants to appear as centrist and moderate and thus has to sideline the progressive part of the party. The registered democrats share the blame also for throwing the likes of bernie under the bus repeatedly in favour of so called moderates and establishment figures.
The problem is the supreme court are the only ones that can make these decisions and are likely conservative for a decade or so

RedDevilQuebecois

Poor dad to be isn’t at risk of eclampsia, amniotic fluid emboli (a doctor in my hospital died of this last year) or peripartum cardiomyopathy all of which can kill you. Poor dad to be can quite frankly go feck himself. Men should not have any choice in anything to do with pregnancy whatsoever. Pregnancy is the most risky thing a woman can ever do.
This. A father is only doing the very minor part of the job biologically while mothers always put their lives on the line in the event of a pregnancy.

Most of the interviews I have seen on CNN with pro-life people have all started with something along the lines of "Our prayers were answered". I hate it when we allow religion to dictate public policy.
Yep, it's utterly disgusting. It's because we let religion dictate our social lives that children from Native American tribes and First Nations were maltreated, abused, killed and then buried without a trace. Knowing that, anyone speaking about public policy while using religion to support this or that claim should hide in shame.

Møllemanden

The best way to ensure a countrys progress is by making sure that religion has absolutely no say what so ever in the decision making process. Decisions has to be made using common sense.

Infra-red

Most of the interviews I have seen on CNN with pro-life people have all started with something along the lines of "Our prayers were answered". I hate it when we allow religion to dictate public policy.
Which also presumably means that all of their prayers had simply been ignored for the past 50 years.

RedDevilQuebecois

The best way to ensure a countrys progress is by making sure that religion has absolutely no say what so ever in the decision making process. Decisions has to be made using common sense.
Wish it was that easy.
There has to be some kind of social revolution in the US like the one that Ireland had since the 1990s. The revelations of decades of abuse by the Catholic church triggered that deep change. Hence I wonder what could exactly trigger similar upheaval in relations between Americans and religion.

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member
There has to be some kind of social revolution in the US like the one that Ireland had since the 1990s. The revelations of decades of abuse by the Catholic church triggered that deep change. Hence I wonder what could exactly trigger similar upheaval in relations between Americans and religion.
Nothing. We’re too big of a country.