AC Milan vs. Manchester United: Who will win their respective league first? | concluded.

Fortitude

TV/Monitor Expert
Scout
Both giants experiencing a concerted period of time without a league title. Fair to say both have a number of obstacles in their way that'll make a league title any time soon pretty difficult.

Of the two, who the reckon will find their way to lifting their leagues' title first?

Vidyoyo

The bad "V"
The same AC Milan who are currently top of their table... what difficulties are they facing right now?

Genuinely asking as it looks more rosey for them than it has in years. Their squad is pretty decent and serie a isn't that strong right now.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Milan are currently first in the league with Zlatan Ibrahimovic absolutely flying (6 goals in 3 league games) and the biggest threat in the league are managed by their weakest manager in God knows how long. Now is as good a time as any for Milan.

Red&Black

Supports
Milan
as a Milan fan Id obv want to say my club... But personally, we're being built to win and maintain winning the league about 2yrs from now. yes, there is a SMALL chance we win this season, but it'd take several lucky breaks and Ibra holding up all season long.

between covid and fluke injuries already, im not at all optimistic about it.

I doubt we win it this season, but 2yrs from now, I 100% expect us to be a serious challenger yr after yr.

Fortitude

TV/Monitor Expert
Scout
The same AC Milan who are currently top of their table... what difficulties are they facing right now?

Genuinely asking as it looks more rosey for them than it has in years. Their squad is pretty decent.

Plus they have Dalot so they'll win da lot.
C'mon now, you don't really expect them to be in that position for long, do you?

Top 4 would be impressive come the end of the season.

Ah. Thread to be resurrected in whatever space year it comes to pass! @Samid :angel:

Vidyoyo

The bad "V"
C'mon now, you don't really expect them to be in that position for long, do you?

Top 4 would be impressive come the end of the season.

Ah. Thread to be resurrected in whatever space year it comes to pass! @Samid :angel:
Honestly have no idea. I rarely watch Serie A but it's looking good for them since they beat Inter the other week and drew to Roma at the weekend. I stumbled on their squad the other day expecting loads of dross - which has seemingly been the case for years - but it wasn't half bad.

Zlatan, Romangnoli, that lad from Brescia, Theo Hernandez, Donnarumma.

They might be too weak in midfield to keep it going but it's looking good so far.

Fortitude

TV/Monitor Expert
Scout
Honestly have no idea. I rarely watch Serie A but it's looking good for them since they beat Inter the other week and drew to Roma at the weekend. I stumbled on their squad the other day expecting loads of dross - which has seemingly been the case for years - but it wasn't half bad.

Zlatan, Romangnoli, that lad from Brescia, Theo Hernandez, Donnarumma.

They might be too weak in midfield to keep it going but it's looking good so far.
It would be quite something if they're in the top 4 beyond February, I would say.

If they won the league this year it would be a phenomenal achievement. Zlatan also needs to stay fit and playing for the whole season, which is a huge ask in itself.

Schmeichel's Cartwheel

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
both are miles away.

Serie A is weaker though, One good transfer window & a great manager could get them a title.

so I’ll say Milan.

If we played each other now we’d batter them, but that’s not the question haha.

pass.pass.pass

Milan.

Juventus are on the slide. Inter have Lukaku up front.

Also, Milan suffer from a lot of things, but at least nepotism is not one of them.

monosierra

Milan. The Premierships has more credible title contenders up top and a wider gap between those and the second tier clubs, like us.

JuriM

This Milan side and our current side are similar of the way that both of us have actually depth, both have young players who have joined in past few years or come up within the club. So it's a 50/50 really, this season is crazy and I wouldn't rule anything out, specially how bad some European countries have managed Covid -19 atm.

Reactions: Fortitude

432JuanMata

Milan.

Juventus are on the slide. Inter have Lukaku up front.

Also, Milan suffer from a lot of things, but at least nepotism is not one of them.
Doesn’t Lukaku have 5 in 4 in the league ? I don’t rate him that highly but he will get 20+ for inter easily and will help them beat the weaker teams which most of the league is

KW2006

arguably we have a stronger team than Milan, but they have a far far far superior chance to win the league first. Very possible they would won it 3 times before we could even seriously challenge the title.

DrRodo

Honest worker, never posts
Aw man i really miss the days when you woul shit your pants when you had to face Milan in the champions league, with Kaka, Pirlo, Inzaghi et al
I really wish the Italian league sort their shit together and become one of the best leagues again

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
Depends. I still think we'll be one of the stronger teams in the division within two seasons however our league is incredibly difficult at the moment due to the money and a number of good sides and managers. I also think Milan could capitalise on a very weak Serie A but I'm certain they won't do that this season. I don't think either team will go another 5 years without a league title.

Loon

:lol:
Who genuinely knows? We went 26 years without a title (and, no mistake, we were a rich and attractive club even during that time) and the dippers (who thought in the 80's like Thatcher it would never end) waiting 30. Matt Busby was around to see the end of the wait, I genuinely hope Ferguson is.

drmuji

First of all I have to admit that I don't want Serie A very much but lately I have watched a few games and few things I just want to share
1. The referees are just so below par. They would give penalties for no obvious foul and would not give penalties even if it was stone dead
2. The quality of general play is just not there any more, or maybe I watch too much premier league where players have no time on the ball. In Serie A, players have so much time on the ball yet they make silly errors. No wonder why Zlatan does so brilliantly there
3. The games are not boring but every time I see teams playing, I see loads and loads of gaps in defence and yet are not exploited
4. I really do think all those players who can't make it at united, Chelsea or arsenal should have a great life there.

manc exile

Supports
City
Depends. I still think we'll be one of the stronger teams in the division within two seasons however our league is incredibly difficult at the moment due to the money and a number of good sides and managers. I also think Milan could capitalise on a very weak Serie A but I'm certain they won't do that this season. I don't think either team will go another 5 years without a league title.

sadly i think we will go more than 5 years before we win another title
cant comment on milan as i dont watch the italian league

padzilla

Hipster
We have a board that doesn’t care about anything beyond top four so I expect Milan will win the league quicker than we will.

Ekeke

Milan will fall off like every season. Maybe they make top 3. Its 5 games in... Everton are 6 games in and top of the league, Aston Villa are 3rd...

I think we're further towards being a top team than they are, but we face competition from stronger rivals. So I'd like to say us but realistically it might be around the same time

SadlerMUFC

Thinks for himself
I see a lot of people getting carried away over Milans start to the season. I will be very surprised if they are still even in the top 4 come the end of the season. Those places will likely be taken by Juve, Lazio, Inter and Atalanta. Milan will more like be battling it out for top 6 with Napoli, Roma and Sampdoria...

Pretzels81

Not Salty…
Finally! Good news for Italian football. Inter and AC back on top; Juve's monopoly was destroying Serie A.

DWelbz19

Funny thing is they were in for Rangnick at one point. :lol:
Also, is Michael Cox actually @Hansi Fick ?

Champ

Refuses to acknowledge existence of Ukraine
Glad they won it.

Great manager, great team.

DWelbz19

This guy is obsessed with coating Rangnick off. He must've pissed in his letterbox or something.
Yeah he posts on redcafe, I tagged him in the post

led_scholes

When we last played them, I think they were actually better than us. They were just more inexperienced. I was actually surprised how good they were.

Loon

:lol:
All the current foaming about The dippers and the bitters, what an amazing side AC had back in the Dutch days.