Academy pre-season games

Elliott

Likes Loan Stickies
Info courtesy of the no doubt dashingly handsome mo0 in the newbies:

The u18s will play Chelsea, Arsenal, Villa and Spurs in a mini-tournament behind closed doors at Carrington in mid-August.

Should be an excellent early gauge of our chances to defend the youth cup.

cj_sparky

mo0 seems to have a new muse.

The Milk Cup is before that which will give us an indication of how we'll line up (and if we have a striker).
Mo0 and the Milk Cup.....theres a joke in there some where.

I do like the Milk Cup, hopefully BBC will cover it in some shape again.

Heffo

Ben Pearson?
Pearson is a midfielder no? I thought I remember someone saying he looked very good in a holding role in the Premier Cup and is very good offensively as well.

A couple of trialists are generally brought along so this year it will probably include at least one striker (perhaps the next Michael Ngoo :eek:). Other than that I'd say Wilson is the most likely option although I think he's still a school boy next year and even still doesn't he prefer playing on the wing.

oskarutd

Pearson is a midfielder no? I thought I remember someone saying he looked very good in a holding role in the Premier Cup and is very good offensively as well.

A couple of trialists are generally brought along so this year it will probably include at least one striker (perhaps the next Michael Ngoo :eek:). Other than that I'd say Wilson is the most likely option although I think he's still a school boy next year and even still doesn't he prefer playing on the wing.
He is a striker.

datura

He is a striker.
I thought Pearson was a midfielder too? When I first saw him in the Premier Cup (the Hendrie/Barmby/Blackett year) he was playing as a midfielder.

Wilson I think plays up front for the u16s, but played on the wing for England in the Victory Shield. Barmby might be an option too and Van Velzen will still be eligible too.

jeston

I think Pearson's played off the striker when I've seen him.

Yeah Deco - will be on BBC again.

PS18

Pearson has played much more in midfield recently - was regularly played up front prior to that. Given his size, no real surprise he's playing further back.

PS18

Some talk that we've signed a young 16yo striker from Northern Ireland, Ruairi Croskery his name. Been reported in the local press over there apparently. Might be the answer to questions posed earlier in the thread...

jeston

Slightly related to the thread, another PM from newbie mo0 with news on Elliot Kebbie

mo0 said:
more youth news for ya...Elliot Kebbie, who we had reportedly paid between 500K-1 million for in November of last year, has quit Leeds (by way of turning down a contract offer) and has apparently headed to Spain to ply his trade.

original post: https://www.redcafe.net/f9/elliot-kebbie-248440/
daily mail piece (@ the bottom of the article): Manchester City eye £8m Udinese defender Cristian Zapata | Mail Online