Academy v Barnsley

charleysurf

Obnoxious, abusive bellend who is best ignored
Shame the Italians and Pogba are still tied up in red tape.

datura

Scrappy game so far, Brady just hit the crossbar from a great free kick after Cofie was cynically tripped.

Barnsley defending well and getting men back behind the ball so not a lot of space to play in.

datura

Strange first half, we deserve to be ahead but only really started playing in the last 20 mins. Trying to go through the packed centre of the pitch a bit too often, need to use the width better.

PS18

This ref's a clown. Barnsley winger loses his balance trying to cross at the byline and gets a freekick for it because they all appealed...

We're comfortably the better side but nothing's quite coming off at the moment.

PS18

Definition of third time lucky that! Brady scores with a great freekick.

lysglimt

Scout
We should beat this Barnsley side - they have started the season really poorly. I think they lost one of their first 2 matches 1-5 at home..against Blackburn maybe ?

PS18

We should beat this Barnsley side - they have started the season really poorly. I think they lost one of their first 2 matches 1-5 at home..against Blackburn maybe ?
It's academy football, it's rarely that simple (hell, any level of football isn't).

Decent performance, Barnsley made it very difficult by getting men behind the ball all the time and making things very congested. We were maybe a bit guilty of overplaying it at times or trying to work our way through the packed centre when there was joy to be had out wide, but on another day we probably win that by 3 or 4. Good test really.

lysglimt

Scout
Can i have a short recap of the game - who our best players were etc ?

greater wall

1-0 United FT.
Brady looks excellent.
What do people make of Brady? I have seen him a couple of times and while the commentator was waxing lyrical, I wasn't too sure what the fuss was about. Has he got a half decent chance of making it to the first team?

Striker10

"Ronaldo and trophies > Manchester United football
What do people make of Brady? I have seen him a couple of times and while the commentator was waxing lyrical, I wasn't too sure what the fuss was about. Has he got a half decent chance of making it to the first team?
I don't know. He is a goal threat - evidently. It's tough to say and I think in 2 or 3 years we'll get a better idea.

lysglimt

Scout
Oh I like him - he is strong defensively, excellent skills on the ball and he is a fighter. He is also very strong and looks mature when he plays.

He can actually make it