Academy V Blackburn

PS18

can't find any news anywhere. know there was a bit of snow overnight, maybe it was called off?

Coca Cola

One balled wonder
It wasn´t called off. I only saw the first half though, we were 2 - 1 up at half time.

Coca Cola

One balled wonder
I lied a bit there, didn´t really see the first half even, just the last 10 minutes of it. I only saw one goal, Norwood from a rebound after he had missed a penalty. Not sure about the lineup, but Brandao was up front and I´m pretty sure the commentator said he scored United´s first and he also won the penalty Norwood scored from.

Macheda was on the bench and I´m pretty sure Welbeck wasn´t even in the squad.

since 1987

Founder and Chairman of the Kill Sjarkus Club. Oth
I lied a bit there, didn´t really see the first half even, just the last 10 minutes of it. I only saw one goal, Norwood from a rebound after he had missed a penalty. Not sure about the lineup, but Brandao was up front and I´m pretty sure the commentator said he scored United´s first and he also won the penalty Norwood scored from.

Macheda was on the bench and I´m pretty sure Welbeck wasn´t even in the squad.
Any news one the game?

Coca Cola

One balled wonder
Just caught the highlights on MUTV, ended 2 - 1 to us. Brandao and Norwood.

TheSwede

U18s: United 2 Blackburn 1
04/02/2008 14:27, Report by Steve Bartram

First half strikes from Evandro Brandao and Oliver Norwood gave United's U18s a hard-fought victory over Blackburn Rovers at Carrington.

Having shown tremendous resolve to fight back for a draw against Everton in their last outing, the Reds were again in determined mood against their Lancashire rivals - and they had to be.

Paul McGuinness' side found themselves behind again in the early stages, as Francis Zenaba powerfully headed home a corner inside the first 10 minutes.

The Reds roared back, however, and drew level through Brandao after 25 minutes. The Portuguese striker raced through on goal and, although his first effort was blocked, he calmly slotted the rebound into the top corner.

United needed just 12 more minutes to totally turn the scoreline on its head. Although Oliver Norwood saw his penalty saved by Andreas Arestidou, the midfielder was on hand to convert the rebound and make the points safe.

United: Amos; McCormack, Strickland, Gill, Dudgeon; C Evans, Curran (Eikrem 63), Norwood, Galbraith; Brandao (Macheda 46), Bryan (Stewart 46).
Sub not used: Moffatt.

link