Academy V Newcastle FA Youth Cup

Inigo Montoya

Leave Wayne Rooney alone!!
Worth starting a new thread or not? The other one seems to have got caught up in a discussion about Sterling.

U18s set for cup clash
United’s Under-18s are in FA Youth Cup fifth round action tonight against Newcastle at Moss Lane.

Paul McGuinness’s young charges have already seen off Portsmouth 3-2 in the third round, with goals from Paul Pogba and Will Keane (the other was an own goal), and a fourth round win away to West Ham at Upton Park – where Keane was again on target in a 1-0 triumph.

Newcastle beat Ryman League Division One South club Dulwich Hamlet’s youth team 6-2 in the third round, before going on to defeat Grimsby Town 2-1 in the last round.

The two teams are playing for a place in the quarter-finals away to Liverpool, who secured their passage to the last eight with a 9-0 victory over Southend, Raheem Sterling bagging five goals for the Anfield Reds.

United will be hoping to recover from a 5-1 league loss to Crewe Alexandra at the weekend, but the nature of the defeat – a host of missed chances and several breakaway goals for the Railwaymen, should provide plenty of motivation to get a result against the Magpies.

Manchester United Official Web Site

sincher

"I will cry if Rooney leaves"
Come on you have to watch Arse Barce.

MPTutd

I have a TV where I can do a split screen function and watch two different sources.

Therefore I can watch the Arse game on digital and the FAYC game on Sky. Will certain choose the commentary from GNev.

Feeky Magee

keen violinist
Gah. I'm stuck too. Although I'm only choosing which stream to linger on more.

Feeky Magee

keen violinist
Some shameful shit in this thread so far - Arse above our own youngsters?? Top should get his banning stick out!
Credit us for even being in this thread. The Arsenalona thread will have about 8-10 times the comments by the end up the night. I doubt if more than 20-30% of the regular users on here know we're playing in the Youth Cup tonight.

Basically we're shit, just less shit than others.

holdsteady

Hates Sir Alex Ferguson
There usually are for the Youth Cup games.

Some shameful shit in this thread so far - Arse above our own youngsters?? Top should get his banning stick out!
Worried they'll all be for the Arse though

Virtuoso

Looking forward to this tonight, hope we put on a good showing but most importantly get a good result at the end of it.

datura

Team News:

Keane (dead leg) and Cofie out injured (knee surgery)

1. Johnstone
2. M Keane
3. Blackett
4. Thorpe
5. Fornasier
6. Tunnicliffe
7. Cole
8. Pogba
9. Van Velzen
10. Morrison
11. Lingard

Subs:
12. Massacci
13. Jacob
14. Lawrence
15. McGinty
16. Barmby

MUTV reporting a 4-4-2 with Van Velzen and Morrison up front. I thought it would be Lingard and Morrison, but we'll see.

Newcastle:

1. Alnwick
2. Nicholson
3. Riley
4. Sayer
5. Streete
6. Storey
7. Spear
8. Nzuzi
9. Taylor
10. Campbell
11. Hoganson

Subs:
12. McGorrigan
13. Robinson
14. Maddison
15. Toland
16. Miele

Mick1991

Anybody got any other streams? The united game won't start on those two streams until the Fiorentina match is over!

datura

Morrison is playing off Van Velzen with Lingard on the left of a 4-4-2. Newcastle look to be playing a similar system.

Morrison finding a lot of space 'he plays the game at his own pace' according the Neville.