Account Deletion Request

Status
Not open for further replies.

owlo

Hi Redcafe,

Please delete my account and my posts.

You can leave up any content quoted from my twitter account. [as long as I've personally not interacted with it]

Thanks for having me, I've enjoyed my 5 years or so here. :)

Thanks!

WI_Red

Redcafes Most Rested
Supports
Atlanta United
Hi Redcafe,

You can leave up any content quoted from my twitter account. [as long as I've personally not interacted with it]

Thanks!
I protest this decision. Now if we can talk about that 25 Macallan that we discussed in the election thread 5 billion years ago I may be persuaded to rethink my position.

Cheimoon

Made of cheese
Scout
Supports
no-one in particular
Hi Redcafe,

Thanks!
Full-on account deletion apparently is a lot of work for admi Couldn't they just give you a ban? That's much easier and you could also ask to have it removed if you ever change your mind.

Of course, you should rather stay. But I suppose you're not saying this on a whim.

Edit: it's not about the thread ban, is it? If it is, how about just a brief break?

owlo

Edit: it's not about the thread ban, is it? If it is, how about just a brief break?
No. Although I feel the moderation in that thread was/is utterly appalling, I screwed up too. I forgot to delete a tweet which contained war casualties as I assumed the mods would do it as they replied to it with 'please don't do this.' A misunderstanding, but the ban was valid. The threadban was overkill, but it is what it is.

It's more about the fact they refuse to delete or even acknowledge my requests to delete somebody quoting my posts regarding TPY-2 capabilities. (decided to delete as likely sensitive) I think I mentioned 2 moderators/admin, asked in the ask an admin thread, and private messaged 2 moderators. I have no idea why they couldn't spend 30 seconds to deal with my concerns.

It's not up to me to decide how the forum is managed. And it has great people, I've enjoyed spending time here. Just in light of all this, I feel I can effectively contribute my time better elsewhere. And I don't want those quoted posts to exist.

I protest this decision. Now if we can talk about that 25 Macallan that we discussed in the election thread 5 billion years ago I may be persuaded to rethink my position.
Sorry bud :( Probably spent too much time here anyway! You'll likely still see me about on twitter etc

Carolina Red

Staff
It's more about the fact they refuse to delete or even acknowledge my requests to delete somebody quoting my posts regarding TPY-2 capabilities. (decided to delete as likely sensitive) I think I mentioned 2 moderators/admin, asked in the ask an admin thread, and private messaged 2 moderators. I have no idea why they couldn't spend 30 seconds to deal with my concerns.
Could be that real life got in the way. It happens.

I’ve brought it back up in the mod forum.

The exchange in that thread was with me and i genuinely cannot find anything that contains specifics that are not from public sources. There are barely any references to the radar system at all. Still, link me to the posts you want me to delete and i will, if i am still able to.

harms

Shining Star of Paektu Mountain
Staff
No. Although I feel the moderation in that thread was/is utterly appalling, I screwed up too. I forgot to delete a tweet which contained war casualties as I assumed the mods would do it as they replied to it with 'please don't do this.' A misunderstanding, but the ban was valid. The threadban was overkill, but it is what it is.
I think it was me who said that — I don't have the powers to delete anything in CE. It was a friendly reminder though and I'm sure that it wasn't the only tweet not following the rule that got overlooked — that thread is a mess with way too many posts to moderate properly.

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff
As I was one of the people you pm’d I feel I should address it; I started looking into all the posts I’d have to remove quotes from and that I’d also have to ask the other poster involved who’s posts you wanted me to edit. I can’t just change someone’s posts without asking. Anyway I realised it was going to be a big job and I didn’t have the time to immediately do it, and I then got absorbed by life (2 kids off for midterm) and absorbed into the Ukrainian situation and if I’m honest, I simply forgot at that stage

so, my apologies. I see that the other poster has since offered to delete the quotes if you link to them.

please remember that we aren’t all here at the same time, this is not our jobs, this is entirely voluntary.

now we’d like it if you stayed, but if you do want to go then the bossman has a huge job deleting 5 years worth of posts. Preferably you’d change your password to something completely random that you won’t know, then logout.

Last edited:

Dr. Dwayne

Self proclaimed tagline king.
If you want your quotes deleted from someone else's post, start a private conversation with them and ask them to do it. The modmins aren't running a nursery.

Wibble

In Gadus Speramus
Staff
I don't get it? You want to leave because you got a warning for something that you posted and are upset because you messaged mods to clean it up but it didn't (and why would it as we don't always have time to do such manual tasks on demand or even have time to read PM's more than occasionally as we aren't paid?)?

I think you are placing far more importance on this than it warrants TBH. Loads of great posters have had warnings and bans in the past and are still here and posting happily.

nimic

something nice
Scout
I think the modmins must have been busy changing my post to remove a gif of Jim from The Office and replacing it with 'DELETED' :angel:

It would be best if you didn't vanish completely, you might want to come back one day, even if in a reduced capacity.

Cheimoon

Made of cheese
Scout
Supports
no-one in particular
those were the days. Pretty sure I was called an asshole within hours of joining. Spot on they were, spot on. Oh, it was a scout too. :cool:
Now now, don't exaggerate here. It took a full week.

Wibble

In Gadus Speramus
Staff
The OP can message Niall if he still wants to fully delete his account.

Status
Not open for further replies.