Accountability

WR10

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
That's what really makes teams successful. Players might lose faith in a manager and start shrugging off a bad miss or a bad performance. But when you've got an iconic leader amongst the players demanding success it's a whole other level of performance. Zlatan, Roy Keane, Cantona, the whole 07-09 United team demanded accountability from their colleagues, and that bred success.

You can see it with Bruno. His high demands drive Martial, Fred, Scott, James, Rashford, and Pogba like we haven't seen in the past few years. Bruno holds them accountable for every missed pass and every missed chance during the game and publicly on social media. I am very glad we finally have that spark

Is that the 'culture' that Ole has been building?

SER19

I agree with you. Players like him just force a raised standard in others. Has clashed on field with lindelof and matic now but gets away with it because of his own stats.

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
:lol: :lol:

Reg. OP. I think Bruno has obviously added this - not just his tangible impact on matches - he's a winner. And Cavani does the same too. Both work hard, and absolutely hate to lose.

WR10

:lol:
I agree with you. Players like him just force a raised standard in others. Has clashed on field with lindelof and matic now but gets away with it because of his own stats.
It's great to see, these players have needed a fire up their arse for many years now. Zlatan was the last time we had that, and that gave us 2 trophies. Start of something huge here?

Who holds Bruno accountable when he has bad moments?

teams need winners. Bruno is a winner.

But I also don’t think that shouting at players makes you a leader. The game has changed since the likes of Hughes, Robson, Bruce, Keane and Cantona.

As an example, someone like Rashford is a born leader. He doesn’t go round shouting and demanding on the pitch - but I bet he gets listened to in the dressing room.

a Liverpool player said he might just be the first United player to get a standing ovation at anfield. Clearly that’s for his off the field work, but shows the stature of the man.

I think we are starting to see a team really gel together and work together. Another example is the way certain players have been given pen opportunities this season, to give them confidence.

Mr Smith

I agree he's setting a standard for others to meet. If he stays for the next 5 years, he will have raised the bar in terms of what's expected at the club to a level worthy of the badge. That's more than any manager post-SAF has done.

O captain, my captain.

Foxbatt

But I also don’t think that shouting at players makes you a leader. The game has changed since the likes of Hughes, Robson, Bruce, Keane and Cantona.

As an example, someone like Rashford is a born leader. He doesn’t go round shouting and demanding on the pitch - but I bet he gets listened to in the dressing room.

a Liverpool player said he might just be the first United player to get a standing ovation at anfield. Clearly that’s for his off the field work, but shows the stature of the man.

I think we are starting to see a team really gel together and work together. Another example is the way certain players have been given pen opportunities this season, to give them confidence.
Rashford getting a standing ovation is all about his work off the pitch about feeding children. A born leader could be leaders in different ways.

DevilsOwn

While there are different leadership styles, Bruno's style (similar to Keano- hard, in your face, vocally demanding perfection) is what this team needed.

We had (have?) a bunch of quality players who would just go missing/not be arsed in games.
Now the pressure is literally relentless. And everyone is putting in their shift. Long may it continue.

WR10

You can tell the defence has none of it.
Absolutely. They’ve taken the accountability amongst themselves to continue proving Bruno wrong. Brilliant to see

ghaliboy

Snitches on Tom Hagen
Absolutely. They’ve taken the accountability amongst themselves to continue proving Bruno wrong. Brilliant to see
Uneducated guess here, I feel like it is Maguire-centric. If you watch after we concede he always seems to just stroll off as if nothing was his fault at all ever. It is armchair psychology but I would much prefer my captain to be revving guys up even if he might be blowing up at the wrong times. I'd prefer to see something from that defensive unit, seems to be four guys every game who go "ah well we'll get the next one I guess lads".

Of course could be completely wrong on that one. Agree with your Bruno comments, he seems to be one of the few that is always trying to make the team better with his communication on the pitch.

Alemar

We had (have?) a bunch of quality players who would just go missing/not be arsed in games.
Now the pressure is literally relentless. And everyone is putting in their shift. Long may it continue.
The one exception for this is Greenwood. Somehow it is not visible that he in particular is somehow putting more effort than last year, when Bruno’s high demands and pressure only started to appear.

ghaliboy

Snitches on Tom Hagen
Second goal went in, I saw McT and Tuanzebe point fingers and the rest of them walk back up the pitch without saying anything again. It honestly needs spotlighting.

VidaRed

Unimaginative FC
I saw a stat today that ever since we signed bruno last season we're only a point behind liverpool in all the games played since in the league (we'd be two ahead if we didn't draw today).

wolvored

I dont see Rashford as a born leader. Hes way too inconsistent to be telling anybody where hes going wrong and doesnt seem to inspire anybody. Off the pitch in the public eye maybe. We have Bruno who can do it because he is the heartbeat of the team and 9/10 motm. Maguire is captain, and should be the leader who inspires the players, but hes up and down as well in consistancy. Maybe Cavani as he has done it all, inspires when he plays.

Trequarista10

I love Bruno's spirit but to be honest, I think the hype about his attitude is potentially unjustified. Disclaimer, the important word there is potentially, because my point is we don't know for certain. I'll explain, so read on before you fan boy rage at me.

We've all played football, whether it be 11 a side or 5 a side. And we've all played with and against those players that shout all game. 90% of the time, I hate those players, because they shout nonsense, cause conflict, criticise things which they don't understand, have zero consistency, and annoy the referee. The last thing you need is for some angry shouty guy shouting nonsense.

My point is we have no idea what Bruno is saying most of the time when he's ranting and raving. I've seen plenty of interviews from ex players about Roy Keane, not just those who were successful teammates of his, but squad players, youth players who never made it, and players who came and left without much of an impact. And literally every one has said that Roy was always on the money, his criticisms were fair and accurate, he gave praise in equal measure when it was due and held himself to the same standards he held others.

Now, Bruno may be exactly the same. He may also be an over emotional angry shouty guy who is annoying his team mates by shouting nonsense and being an inconsistent, hypocritical whinge ball. We just don't know.

I love Bruno as a player and he interviews really well, so I really hope he is that rare example of someone who is not only vocal but reasonable, level headed and accurate with it too.