Acid thrown on girl and her cousin

bpet15

One point I would make is that anyone who gets those tattoos with tears in the corner of their eyes should just be locked up indefinitely to protect the public.
You are quite obviously are a teardroptattooaphobic - jog on please.

Last edited:

Edgar Allan Pillow

Ero-Sennin
Have you seen the level of Islamophobic rhetoric online on platforms like youtube, Twitter and Facebook? On top of that, there are the 1000s of recorded instances of Islamaphobic crimes committed against Muslims in past 12 months (multiple numbers more go unreported). Literally, 100s of thousands of Brits are getting involved in verbal or physical Islamaphobic hate.

Vs a handful of extremists terrorists who commit crimes in the name of Islam.

Yeah, it's definitely a double standard.
Agree with para 1, but para 2 make me want to :houllier: They still are significant if they are to the scale of London and Manchester terror attacks. Sure you can't discount them as 'handful'?

I don't know who is "responsible" but Islamic terror and Islamophobia feed off each other.

TheReligion

Abusive
@sammsky1 I fear for your health and your mental well-being. I'm not saying you are unhinged, but it is clear that you are emotionally invested in these arguments so much that I'm sure by now you are struggling physically/mentally while engaging other posters in the Caf about Islam/Islamaphobia. We have our own little PM convo here and I'm normally called the 'Drama Queen' because I overthink about silly things and worry as a result, but I genuinely think you are under serious stress. I was reading about the online influence of spreading terror and hate and people under stress are targeted for radicalization. Hang in there buddy.

FWIW, I'm sure TheReligion himself agrees he is a humongous dick, but I fear he has a point here. It is your right to post what you feel like, but why don't you either take a break or approach things a bit different?
I agree and having seen him post lately I really think the guy is struggling. He's obviously a good bloke but he needs to take some time.

In relation to the OP, I'd give this sort of shit a life sentence. It's a truly abhorrent crime that genuinely ruins a person's life. It seems to be more prevalent, too. Whoever said earlier in the thread that there needs to be further regulations in regard to possession of corrosive substances (if there isn't already?) is certainly on to something. Or even with regards to accessibility. Is it easy to get hold of?
S18 wounding with intent carries maximum of life imprisonment.

I think some of these highly corrosive substances are household goods? It needs looking at though I guess it's hard to regulate.

Moby

Dick
It's almost impossible to get such substances out of the market, most of them are used in day to day life plus someone who is this intent on being a cnut will manage to do it someway or the other. It's another thing with arms and explosives but these things are almost impossible to control.

Sad state of affairs, really.

Moonred

Open sale of common acids used should be regulated. Pretty sure there are alternatives around for unblocking drains and cleaning bathrooms. Fast track acid attackers with stringent punishment. It won't solve the problems entirely as some jilted lover or a racist cnut will still find a way but let's try.

rcoobc

Not as crap as eferyone thinks
S18 wounding with intent carries maximum of life imprisonment.

I think some of these highly corrosive substances are household goods? It needs looking at though I guess it's hard to regulate.
Aside from simply more money or more police officers, what would be the number 1 (or 1,2,3) thing we could give the police to help them?

bri2013

There is also a theme between those who take issue with such opinions.

And if people take issue, so what? It's my opinion and what I believe from my own life experience - from what I gather, its not illegal to have my opinion nor contravenes the policy of this forum.

BTW - after your Over dramatic comment promising an answer from the my post in the other thread - I'm still waiting for your response?

Oh - did you know there were loads of acid attacks last night all across the country?
You are fully entitled to your opinion. Doesn't make it wholly accurate though does it? From what I can see you believe that 100s of thousands of Brits are racially abusing Muslims and Islamaphobia is rife in Britain, but absolutely NO Muslims (other than Islamic extremists) are doing anything at all to British white people so on that basis, it is pointless trying to debate with you.

BTW- I didn't "promise" you an answer to your post in the other thread. And a quick look at my quote from that thread shows I suggested the opposite.

I don't even know where to start with this post. Maybe I will dissect it tomorrow if I can be bothered? Sadly, I can't see it happening to be honest but I keep getting drawn back to it and I wish I wasn't. I keep saying to my daughter, don't believe everything you read on the internet. Maybe I will let her read this, and give me her take on it?

Edgar Allan Pillow

Ero-Sennin
Open sale of common acids used should be regulated. Pretty sure there are alternatives around for unblocking drains and cleaning bathrooms. Fast track acid attackers with stringent punishment. It won't solve the problems entirely as some jilted lover or a racist cnut will still find a way but let's try.
As Moby says, anyone with chemistry 101 or even access to internet can DIY a harmful concoction from normal materials. Just like the London stabbing incident, you can't really ban knives. This sadly falls under same low tech terrorism bucked. Near impossible to stop.

rcoobc

Not as crap as eferyone thinks
As Moby says, anyone with chemistry 101 or even access to internet can DIY a harmful concoction from normal materials. Just like the London stabbing incident, you can't really ban knives. This sadly falls under same low tech terrorism bucked. Near impossible to stop.
Yes, but you have to really hate someone to do that. And it has the chance to (literally) blow up in your face. And there is, at least, the potential for @GCHQ to track those that visit those sites.

Compared that to the current situation. Spend £1 on drain unblocker and attack someone.

MDFC Manager

@sammsky1 I fear for your health and your mental well-being. I'm not saying you are unhinged, but it is clear that you are emotionally invested in these arguments so much that I'm sure by now you are struggling physically/mentally while engaging other posters in the Caf about Islam/Islamaphobia. We have our own little PM convo here and I'm normally called the 'Drama Queen' because I overthink about silly things and worry as a result, but I genuinely think you are under serious stress. I was reading about the online influence of spreading terror and hate and people under stress are targeted for radicalization. Hang in there buddy.

FWIW, I'm sure TheReligion himself agrees he is a humongous dick, but I fear he has a point here. It is your right to post what you feel like, but why don't you either take a break or approach things a bit different?
Good post. He needs support, soon too.

I don't know who is "responsible" but Islamic terror and Islamophobia feed off each other.
True enough

kps88

As Moby says, anyone with chemistry 101 or even access to internet can DIY a harmful concoction from normal materials.
That is a worthwhile cooling off period to have when someone is thinking of throwing acid at another person. You also cannot underestimate dumb/lazy people who might think it's too much effort/risk to do it themselves.

Moonred

I am not suggesting it will completely get rid off these attacks but it will help reducing them. Like no amount of awareness/education/laws/facilities have helped get rid off drunken driving completely but little changes have surely helped controlling incidents.

TheReligion

Abusive
Aside from simply more money or more police officers, what would be the number 1 (or 1,2,3) thing we could give the police to help them?
In instances like this? Nothing. Other than regulating how people purchase highly corrosive goods but I think that would be very hard to do and something the government would need to look at not the police.

bri2013

He actually said this

Have you seen the level of Islamophobic rhetoric online on platforms like youtube, Twitter and Facebook? On top of that, there are the 1000s of recorded instances of Islamaphobic crimes committed against Muslims in past 12 months (multiple numbers more go unreported). Literally, 100s of thousands of Brits are getting involved in verbal or physical Islamaphobic hate.

Vs a handful of extremists terrorists who commit crimes in the name of Islam.

Yeah, it's definitely a double standard.

MJJ

He actually said this
You have obviously read the thread since you are quoting a post which is two pages old, why then did you ignore witchking and my subsequent reply to it?

Quoted above.
I can believe the verbal islamophobic claim, everyone is a keyboard warrior nowadays. I do agree with you that it is unlikely that the physical manifestation of islamophobia is that mcuh, although it is still significant as pointed out by that article.

Sultan

Gentleness adorns everything
The authorities can only do so much to deter instances when hatred and mental health overpowers a human being. Thankfully, guns are illegal in the UK.

horsechoker

The Caf's Roy Keane.
What can people do to deal with acid attacks?

Is there something that can be used to prevent serious damage?

bri2013

You have obviously read the thread since you are quoting a post which is two pages old, why then did you ignore witchking and my subsequent reply to it?
I was catching up on the rest of the thread from yesterday. Is that a problem?

bri2013

Considering the reply was three posts down, I find it a bit weird.
Think what you like. I thought the fact you said he never said it was a bit weird since I had pointed it out earlier in the thread. Did you actually read that bit? Because if you had, you surely would not have denied he actually said it.

EvilIrwin

What can people do to deal with acid attacks?

Is there something that can be used to prevent serious damage?
Keeps windows closed/doors locked, wary at traffic light stops and if you've watched Top Gear USA, a water pump installed with a shower just above your head if your struck with acid

2mufc0

Everything is fair game in capitalism!
Supports
Dragon of Dojima
Take a look at @mendcommunity's Tweet:
Most people (including me) thought the likes of Britain first, Tommy Robinson, Katie Hopkins etc were harmless idiots, but it's clear their views can influence people to do things like this. Worrying times ahead.

rotherham_red

A guy done on Brick Lane, a guy done on commercial road and a woman done on her doorstep in east ham. Seems like an abnormal amount of acid attacks in the last 48 hours.
All in East London... Especially concerning to me, living in Leytonstone.

MoneyMay

1,500 acid attacks have been recorded in London since 2011
The figures match a general UK trend, in which the crime rate for such attacks has risen by 50% since 2005.

Acid attacks in London boroughs

Newham - 398
Barking & Dagenham - 134
Tower Hamlets - 84
Havering - 81
Redbridge - 64
Hackney - 45
Barnet - 44
Croydon - 42
Ealing - 40
Hillingdon - 36
Islington - 34
Hounslow - 31
Hammersmith & Fulham - 30
Brent - 30
Waltham Forest - 29
Greenwich 28
Harrow - 27
Lewisham - 27
Sutton - 27
Richmond-upon-Thames - 25
Enfield - 26
Southwark - 24
Westminster - 24
Camden - 24
Bromley - 19
Merton - 19
Haringey - 18
Bexley - 17
Wandsworth - 17
Kingston upon Thames - 16
Lambeth - 15
Kensington & Chelsea - 15
Source: Trinity Mirror

Globally, roughly 80% of victims tend to women. Attacks are often carried out by vengeful men who have had their marriage proposals or sexual advances rebuffed.

However, acid attack charities in the UK estimate that British victims are predominantly men, at roughly 71% of victims.

MJJ

Most people (including me) thought the likes of Britain first, Tommy Robinson, Katie Hopkins etc were harmless idiots, but it's clear their views can influence people to do things like this. Worrying times ahead.
Tommy Robinson and Hopkins really should be treated as terrorists and punished accordingly.

Andy_Cole

I was walking back to my car last night with my wife. I started thinking of this story. For the first time in my life, I was on guard and a little scared on my walk.

I was thinking what if acid was thrown on my wife. It would ruin her life. She'd not leave the house if covered in acid burns. It's such a horrific attack.

Seriously it deserves as much of a prison sentence as murder.

I said it earlier but this is terrorism. It's a group of people making 'foreigners' fear for their livelihood in Britain.

sammsky1

Pochettino's #1 fan

:lol::lol::lol: Just spat tea onto my computer screen

Thanks for the moment of laughter :)

sammsky1

Pochettino's #1 fan
As Eric Cantona said "When the seagulls follow the trawler, it is because they think sardines will be thrown into the sea."

Dont have time for personal baiting. I think I've made my points so adieu.

Last edited:

WackyWengerWorld

Supports
Arsenal
Tommy Robinson and Hopkins really should be treated as terrorists and punished accordingly.
They surely must be walking a fine line on hate speech laws. Especially with the 'final solution' tweet from Hopkins, surely that should have been investigated. Does someone need to report it? Can we pick out the most extreme quotes from Robinson and Hopkins and start a petition to have her and Robinson arrested?

The problem maybe that intelligent liberals are too passive.