Adama Traore

Reditus

Lineup Prediction League Winner 2021-22
Strange player, no end product at all. But still for some reason whenever he comes off the bench vs Utd I usually shit myself thinking he is going to tear us apart

Hammondo

For some reason a lot of people thought he was technically strong and a good dribbler. Average and very physical, standard prem player.

criticalanalysis

The Champ Manager in my head says this wouldn't be a bad free transfer as a squad player at all.

As a wildcard, he's a transition and dribbling monster, who surely could learn a thing or two under ETH. It won't happen but it would be an interesting prospect.

DOTA

wants Amber Rudd to call him a naughty boy
In rugby players often kick the ball long out of play and the other team gets possession but it's worth it for the territorial advantage.

caid

The Champ Manager in my head says this wouldn't be a bad free transfer as a squad player at all.

As a wildcard, he's a transition and dribbling monster, who surely could learn a thing or two under ETH. It won't happen but it would be an interesting prospect.
I mean its been tried by multiple managers, in multiple set ups, in multiple formations. It feels painfully obvious how it would turn out at this point.

In rugby players often kick the ball long out of play and the other team gets possession but it's worth it for the territorial advantage.
Why dont we just kick the ball long then? Why bother with dribbling?

TsuWave

No white text? :confused:

DOTA

wants Amber Rudd to call him a naughty boy
Why dont we just kick the ball long then? Why bother with dribbling?
Long balls give the defence too much time to react, whereas when Traore inevitably loses the ball in the final third they have to react instantly thus there's more capacity for mistakes.

Also, I was trying to be as insulting as possible, I've been banging the 'not only should we not buy him, Wolves can do better than him' drum ever since people first began saying the former.

caid

Long balls give the defence too much time to react, whereas when Traore inevitably loses the ball in the final third they have to react instantly thus there's more capacity for mistakes.

Also, I was trying to be as insulting as possible, I've been banging the 'not only should we not buy him, Wolves can do better than him' drum ever since people first began saying the former.
I'm a bit slow, carry on

T00lsh3d

T00ly O' Sh3d
Peak Traore was under Tony Pulis of all people at Middlesbrough, then he got his big move and it’s not gone well.

Talking to the old fellar and a few others they think Pulis essentially made an “idiot proof” plan for Traore and the simplification kept things easy for him. It seemed like his only instruction was to drive for the box every time he got the ball and put the ball into the danger area without ever lifting his head or stopping to think who would be or was there. Worked in the Championship, but obviously an extremely limited way of playing.Watched him in a few games and he was a genuine cheat code at times, could give anyone big yards and still get the ball ahead of them, very hard to stop for Championship defenders too, and risky to challenge him in the box.
Reckon I’ve probably said it before in this thread, but I watched him live when Boro came to the KC to play Hull City. Every time he got the ball he was electric, blew past 3/4 players and looked unstoppable….the only Boro player that did anything. They still lost 4-1 :lol:

RoyKeaneReborn

My Boro mate told me over watching him for years, that he's all brawns but no brains. Decision-making is v poor. He was elated when Boro sold him.

justsomebloke

For some reason a lot of people thought he was technically strong and a good dribbler. Average and very physical, standard prem player.
He is technically strong and a good dribbler. He just doesn't have the decision making or game reading to make good use of it.

justsomebloke

No.

MadDogg

Manchester Utd never lose, just run out of time
He's a fantastic dribbler, arguably the best in the league (unless he's declined in the last few years since I last watched him a decent amount). It's literally the only thing that he's good at and is why he's been able to have a decent professional career despite being terrible at pretty much every other aspect of being a footballer.

Hammondo

He's a fantastic dribbler, arguably the best in the league (unless he's declined in the last few years since I last watched him a decent amount). It's literally the only thing that he's good at and is why he's been able to have a decent professional career despite being terrible at pretty much every other aspect of being a footballer.
Just watch him play, he's forced to run at full speed most of the time because he relies on it, that causes him to get into bad situations where he loses the ball or is forced to rush whatever creativity he tried. That's his career. Iniesta was an amazing dribbler, most of the time did not sprint.

MadDogg

Manchester Utd never lose, just run out of time
Just watch him play, he's forced to run at full speed most of the time because he relies on it, that causes him to get into bad situations where he loses the ball or is forced to rush whatever creativity he tried. That's his career. Iniesta was an amazing dribbler, most of the time did not sprint.
He's got great footwork at relatively slow speed as well. He'll often have defenders being turned inside and out to create some space before he turns the afterburners on. Then he's able to still control and manipulate the ball at such high speed which makes him even more dangerous when he gets going. Well, dangerous until he has to actually release the ball with a pass, cross or shot, at which time he inevitably messes it up completely. Both in terms of technique and also in terms of which decision to make and when to make it.

If the guy had a footballing brain he could be one of the most devastating impact players of all time. Instead he'll always be a 'what if?'.

Like I did say though, I'm basing this on what he was like a few years ago. No idea if he's still at that level.

Hammondo

He's got great footwork at relatively slow speed as well. He'll often have defenders being turned inside and out to create some space before he turns the afterburners on. Then he's able to still control and manipulate the ball at such high speed which makes him even more dangerous when he gets going. Well, dangerous until he has to actually release the ball with a pass, cross or shot, at which time he inevitably messes it up completely. Both in terms of technique and also in terms of which decision to make and when to make it.

If the guy had a footballing brain he could be one of the most devastating impact players of all time. Instead he'll always be a 'what if?'.

Like I did say though, I'm basing this on what he was like a few years ago. No idea if he's still at that level.
His necessity to sprint when he dribbles makes him easy to deal with. Other players do far more without sprinting so much. Good dribbling is not running around in circles getting yourself into trouble.

Rockets Redglare

Strange player, no end product at all. But still for some reason whenever he comes off the bench vs Utd I usually shit myself thinking he is going to tear us apart
I’m chuffed to bits every time I see him warming up, the best thing to do is just try to make sure he gets the ball every time they attack.

justsomebloke

That, and explosive speed and power.