Adebayor - Medical At City!

GIT Z RED

BREAKING NEWS: Milan Have Called Arsenal For Adebayor - Adriano Galliani
Milan vice president Adriano Galliani has confirmed he has spoken to Arsenal over signing Emmanuel Adebayor...
27 Jun 2009

"Adebayor is the alternative to Edin Dzeko and I have called Arsenal to inform them of our interest," Galliani told Sky Sport Italia.

Full Report To Follow...
sky italia

GDH

They have more than enough to cover the loss of Adebayor. If I were an Arsenal fan, I'd want them to take anything over £18mil for him.

Alwyn

Got rid of his pee
Decent player, but they should sell at almost any price. His attitude hasn't been great, and they have adequate cover.

cj_sparky

On last years performances, I think that Arsenal would be lucky to get £25m for him. To highly rated by the press, he would be no loss to Arsenal at all.

buckooo1978

milan have the kaka money - arsenal could do very nicely out of this

he's an overated prick

beardsleybob

Milan rarely pay over the odds. they managed to knock off close to €10 million off Ronaldinhos fee. And they got Real to drop £5 million and let Ronaldo leave for nothing.

Safe to say Adebayor won't go for anything north of £25 million

EZee

im not sure he is much (if any) better than eduardo... and with van persi, walcott and bentnder + vela pogressing i dont think they need him...

if they took the 25 million and brought a good keeper and a midfielfer who could tackle they would have a pretty decent squad there

datura

I think a few people are underrating Adebayor. The season before last he was excellent - his hold up play and scoring record were as good as anyone in the Premiership. He seemed to lose form and maybe motivation after missing out on a move to Milan in the summer, but an in form and confident Adebayor is a real threat.

anything about now

MUFC lad living in a matriel world
Hope not. Anything over £20m would be extremely generous for them, and they could go out and buy that experienced midfielder that would do wonders. Eduardo, Van Persie, Arshavin and Bendtner can all step up and provide the goals, he wouldn't be missed too much.

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
I would not be dissapointed if we bought Adebayor

beardsleybob

Maybe they are trying to bring average age down to less than 35... :lol:
I think you'll find their first team of 27 and 7 players returning from loan deals makes 923 years between them

923 divided between 34 players equals an average of what??

Now that's quite a bit younger than your wild guess of 35

EZee

I think you'll find their first team of 27 and 7 players returning from loan deals makes 923 years between them

923 divided between 34 players equals an average of what??

Now that's quite a bit younger than your wild guess of 35
ok but look at a likley starting XI

Abbiatti (31)
Zambrotta (32)
Kladaze (31)
Jankulovski (32)
Nesta (33)
Gattuso (31)
Pirlo (30)
Beckham (34)
Seedorf (33)
Ronaldiniho (29)
Pato (19)

2 players under 30... and one og them looks past it!!!

average age of just over 30... and lets say inzaghi started instead of pato for some reason... average age over 32!

they need some younger players and im sure thats what the kaka money will be used for...

I only hope that acnhelotti takes a similar approach with chelsea and lets them all get old at the same time without buying quality replacements

Maciej

Known for "good moanings" not only in the morning

Abbiatti (31)
Zambrotta (32)
Kladaze (31)
Jankulovski (32)
Nesta (33)
Gattuso (31)
Pirlo (30)
Beckham (34)
Seedorf (33)
Ronaldiniho (29)
Pato (19)

average age of just over 30... and lets say inzaghi started instead of pato for some reason... average age over 32!

they need some younger players and im sure thats what the kaka money will be used for...

I only hope that acnhelotti takes a similar approach with chelsea and lets them all get old at the same time without buying quality replacements
Pirlo will play in their U31 team next season.

EZee

Pirlo will play in their U31 team next season.
looking at the way ronaldiniho was last season though it is realistic to say they need 10 new 1st team players in the next couple of seasons...

i dont get why people rate anchelotti so highly when he let that happen...

i think they might have signed a portugese left back already... but im not sure

beardsleybob

Abbiatti (31)
Zambrotta (32)
Kladaze (31)
Jankulovski (32)
Nesta (33)
Gattuso (31)
Pirlo (30)
Beckham (34)
Seedorf (33)
Ronaldiniho (29)
Pato (19)

Beckhams no longer with them. And Nesta is always injured so for the next season it's likely Bonera or Thiago will get more games. Flamini is likely to take over from Gattuso soon and they'll revert to two up front with either Adebayor or Dzeko possibly swapping with Seedorf.

And Borriello will get more chances than Inzaghi.

I do hope they buy a new keeper. Oddos coming back so right back is sorted. Left back is a problem which is why they bid for Cissokho. He's not good enough though. Luca Toni is a possibility up front. But they need a midfielder to make up the numbers and strengthen.

uae

Desperately wants a tagline under his name
Bit of an over the top thread title isn't it?

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.
Realistically, they have only three players who are likely to play 5 seasons or more for them: Pato, Borriello and Flamini. Apart from them there are a few untested youngsters who may or may not make a step up but it's safe to say they do not have more than 5 players who will be there in 4 or 5 years.

I'd like to be wrong because I quite like Milan but they are unlikely to play a big part in Europe and Italy in coming seasons.

They were right to sell Kaka, £60m from that sale should be invested on 4 or 5 new players rather than Adebayor and another one though. I won't be surprised if they sell Pirlo if Chelsea bid anything around quoted £20m.

Chirag

Euro '08 League Winner
looking at the way ronaldiniho was last season though it is realistic to say they need 10 new 1st team players in the next couple of seasons...

Cissokho from Porto & not signed him up yet..

kietotheworld

Most continental managers have significantly less control over transfers than British ones.

EZee

Most continental managers have significantly less control over transfers than British ones.
still... part of being a manager is influencing skills... not only influencing the players to perform... but also influencing the board / owner / management structure to buy who you need

The Physio

They're expecting it to be a done deal today (I think they said that?)