Adidas x Stone Roses to release Manchester United collection (Entrance music discussion at OT also)

stevoc

Are you trying to suggest there’s been no good music to come out of Manchester in the past 30 years by Oasis? Really? Interesting.

If you don’t listen to, or have much knowledge about music, that’s fine. Just say so.
No I'm asking a fecking genuine question mate. :lol:

I don't have a clue where most bands are from.

Lyng

I’ll just give you a few bands? Blossoms, Courteeners, The 1975, The Verve (Greater Manchester), The Charlatans, Elbow, James…

There’s plenty. Other stuff too. Depends what you’re into.
Cheers mate. Will look into those :)

stevoc

No call him a cnut.

I don't like all this "no worries", show some fecking passion, put a two-footed lunge in
I'd never call someone that word.

Now give over you cnut and give me some musical recommendations.

:D

DJ_21

Evens winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
possibly the nicest kit we have ever had I'm going to have to get that.
I quite liked the 2019/20 kit with the black around the badge. And the away one was nice that season. The gold one.

Rood

nostradamus like gloater
Scout
I was at that testimonial and have absolutely no recollection of that at all! Shite memory.
Conversely it's the only thing I remember - I know it was Juve but without looking it up I couldn't tell you much about who played or the score

Cantonagotmehere

Haha, that's a good shout.
Alternative Joy Division suggestion: Decades.
Because, ya know at this rate...

And very relevant lyrics to the long-suffering United players and fans:

"Here are the young men, the weight on their shoulders
Here are the young men, well where have they been?
We knocked on the doors of Hell's darker chamber
Pushed to the limit, we dragged ourselves in
Watched from the wings (cue Rashford dribbling into no man's land) as the scenes were replaying
We saw ourselves now as we never had seen
Portrayal of the trauma and degeneration
The sorrows we suffered and never were free"

Any Smiths song would probably do as well like "Heaven knows I'm miserable know" or "Stop me if you think you've heard this one before".
Haha, well done. Love it. Got in to Joy Division whenI lived in England in the 90's. Somehow missed them growing up. A staple of any music collection I listen to.

slaggy

hot take incoming. going provincial when your revenues are global isn't the smartest strategy. there's plenty of more relevant sounds and musicians out there who would be gagging to collaborate with man utd. this just all feels regressive and pandering to a small segment.

(also, as someone who lost 4 close friends and a cousin during covid, ian brown can suck it.)

clarkydaz

hot take incoming. going provincial when your revenues are global isn't the smartest strategy. there's plenty of more relevant sounds and musicians out there who would be gagging to collaborate with man utd. this just all feels regressive and pandering to a small segment.

(also, as someone who lost 4 close friends and a cousin during covid, ian brown can suck it.)
who is more relevant than the matchday walkout tune?

johnnyteutonic

Define 'relevant'?
We are talking about the entrance music to be played at a stadium based in...Manchester by a club called 'Manchester United'.
And this is coming from an Australian whose only connections to the U.K. are my in-laws (who are Chelsea fans sadly) and to this beautiful club.

stevoc

There's nothing wrong with having a walkout theme by a local band.

Though I wouldn't mind if they mixed it up with other songs from local bands.

Devil81

Warning to anyone buying the football top. I ordered an XL because I sometimes find the large tops feel like a medium. It absolutely buries me so I'm waiting till its back in stock and taking it in to the club shop to swap.

horsechoker

The Caf's Roy Keane.
Warning to anyone buying the football top. I ordered an XL because I sometimes find the large tops feel like a medium. It absolutely buries me so I'm waiting till its back in stock and taking it in to the club shop to swap.
Why not just fatten up?

Frank Grimes

Ian Brown is big United fan, often used to be at matches. Mani the bassist also.

Gary Neville chose 'This Is The One' as the team entrance music when he was captain.

Ian Brown sang it live on the pitch before Neville's testimonial and it's still our entrance music today.
Squire was more a regular though. Think he was mates with Choccy.

Dan_F

There’s plenty of other products out there for fans that don’t want this. Adidas have always catered for this market and the numbers are small that it’s not really aimed at making large amounts of profit anyway.