Adnan Januzaj Interview

RedMachine03

Poster of Articles

Flashback to the World Cup in Brazil. A Red Devil says off the record, "Januzaj is a cocky guy who thinks only dribble in." Today responds Adnan Januzaj - owned by Manchester United, on loan to Sunderland - unmoved: "As a footballer I am now once Creative I provoke defenses Seeking solutions Accuracy is still part of it....?" In November 2014 Januzaj was wearing the last time the shirt of the national team. In his first ever interview he talks about his bumpy but determined climb to the top - "Everyone forgets that I'm only 21 years old."

"I am already two years behind you," we chuckle. Adnan Januzaj laughs - "It fascinates me not to give interviews, and I especially want to talk on the field" - and he falls carelessly back into the large cushions of the lounge of the imposing Rosewood Hotel ***** Central London. It was drizzling, last weekend in the British capital. And yet you snuff which recognizable, catchy 'London Buzz.

"We have two days of coach Moyes got free, and I'll like to relax in London." The interview would take about another half hour. Initially Adnan watching the cat out of the tree - a rather timid boy of 21, modest, not a big talker. "My son must trust someone before he opens himself" father Abedin had warned. "And why did you run for two years after me?" Adnan asks suddenly, if the call was already quite advanced. "It must be your style as a footballer," we answer honestly. "That casual class to make up one flash your game - I love it."

The eyes sparkle, and suddenly he will begin to chat as a journalist like it is - open, no suspicion, in a friendly atmosphere. "Funny you should say that, and I recognize me as well in the often happens in training, during a mutual game, calling the coach:." One minute, who scores, wins "If I still have shown nothing. I demand the ball, bang bang bang, I run three or four people and I score. " Adnan Januzaj smiling broadly at his own bravado. "Well, after two years I'm here, huh."

http://www.hln.be/hln/nl/16076/Voet...isformule1autoenmotorsport&utm_source=dlvr.it

http://www.hln.be/plus/sport/voetba...-verliezen-a2974954/?utm_widget=hln-box-right

Last edited:

anant

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Couldn't understand anything from the 2nd line!

SteveJ

all-round nice guy, aka Uncle Joe Kardashian
Scout
'Sly eyes like demon'.

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
I made a quick translation. You're welcome :)

Flashback to the world cup in Brazil. One of his team mates says of the record: "Adnan is a headstrong kid who only wants to dribble". Confronted with this Adnan reacts unmoved: That's the kind of player I am, creative, I always look for ways to penetrate defenses, dribbling is a part of that". It's nearly 2 years since Januzaj last wore the Red Devil's shirt. Now, in his first ever interview, he tells us about his rocky climb to the top:"People forget I'm still only 21".

We've been following you for 2 years, I jokingly say. "I don't mind giving interviews, but I prefer talking on the field", Januzaj laughs. He relaxes back into the big coach he's sitting on in the Rosewood hotel in London. There's a slight drizzle outside, but you can still smell the London buzz.

Coach Moyes (haha moyes) gave us two days off and I like to relax in London during my free time. The interview would take about 1.5 hours. A timid young man, Januzaj isn't a big talker: "My son has to trust someone before he opens up", father Abedin once said. "And why have you been following me for two years?" Adnan asks me after a while. "It must be your style of play" I admit. "The nonchalant class with which you play, I love it". His eyes glisten and suddenly he starts to talk the way journalists want. Open, without restraint and animated. "Funny you should say that" he says. "it happens a lot in training, coach says one more minute first goal wins. Moment like that I claim the ball, run past 3, 4 defenders and score". Smiling over his own bravoure he ends with: Well, you found me, I'm here now".

ElQuesoGrande

Flashback to the World Cup in Brazil. A Red Devil says off the record, "Januzaj is a cocky guy who thinks only dribble in." Today responds Adnan Januzaj - owned by Manchester United, on loan to Sunderland - unmoved: "As a footballer I am now once Creative I provoke defenses Seeking solutions Accuracy is still part of it....?" In November 2014 Januzaj was wearing the last time the shirt of the national team. In his first ever interview he talks about his bumpy but determined climb to the top - "Everyone forgets that I'm only 21 years old."

"I am already two years behind you," we chuckle. Adnan Januzaj laughs - "It fascinates me not to give interviews, and I especially want to talk on the field" - and he falls carelessly back into the large cushions of the lounge of the imposing Rosewood Hotel ***** Central London. It was drizzling, last weekend in the British capital. And yet you snuff which recognizable, catchy 'London Buzz.

"We have two days of coach Moyes got free, and I'll like to relax in London." The interview would take about another half hour. Initially Adnan watching the cat out of the tree - a rather timid boy of 21, modest, not a big talker. "My son must trust someone before he opens himself" father Abedin had warned. "And why did you run for two years after me?" Adnan asks suddenly, if the call was already quite advanced. "It must be your style as a footballer," we answer honestly. "That casual class to make up one flash your game - I love it."

The eyes sparkle, and suddenly he will begin to chat as a journalist like it is - open, no suspicion, in a friendly atmosphere. "Funny you should say that, and I recognize me as well in the often happens in training, during a mutual game, calling the coach:." One minute, who scores, wins "If I still have shown nothing. I demand the ball, bang bang bang, I run three or four people and I score. " Adnan Januzaj smiling broadly at his own bravado. "Well, after two years I'm here, huh."
I always wondered if any players read or posted on here and now I know; Januzaj is Fontaine

maze

Supports
Borussia Dortmund
so, what is it with that kid? his loan spell at dortmund was catastrophic imho. he seemed to lack any ambition, let alone spirit, and my guess is he was deemed not professional enough to even compete for regular minutes on the pitch. now he was sent to sunderland, again. will he ever succeed at united though?

jem

so, what is it with that kid? his loan spell at dortmund was catastrophic imho. he seemed to lack any ambition, let alone spirit, and my guess is he was deemed not professional enough to even compete for regular minutes on the pitch. now he was sent to sunderland, again. will he ever succeed at united though?
I'm not counting on it. It's a shame as he looked the real deal in his first season under Moyes.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Nope. He has talent, but a serious lack of a brain on the pitch as well as the right determination and all that other important stuff. Not exactly like he's flying at Sunderland either.

Jaybomb

One of my favourite players at United. I'm gutted he didn't seem to kick on and fulfil his potential. In 13/14, we were relying on him almost.

These loan moves have done him no good. He needs to get game time with us. We loaned him out cause we had too many players in his position... yet we don't even really need Memphis and Mkhitaryan cause we never play them anyway. So why not just keep Adnan?

littleman

One of my favourite players at United. I'm gutted he didn't seem to kick on and fulfil his potential. In 13/14, we were relying on him almost.

These loan moves have done him no good. He needs to get game time with us. We loaned him out cause we had too many players in his position... yet we don't even really need Memphis and Mkhitaryan cause we never play them anyway. So why not just keep Adnan?
Honestly, because he sucks.

ROFLUTION

He's the Bojan story of United.

Will probably kick it off in a few years at a smaller club when he's out of focus and a bit forgotten

clarkydaz

he had a brief honeymoon period where he was living the dream, but it was a very short window

tomaldinho1

"it happens a lot in training, coach says one more minute first goal wins. Moment like that I claim the ball, run past 3, 4 defenders and score". Smiling over his own bravoure he ends with: Well, you found me, I'm here now".
It's worth noting this is S'land training so I'm inclined to believe him

Raoul

Admin
Staff

Why should he be at United if he's been disappointing at both loan clubs ? Oh and also, you would sell Memphis and Mkhitaryan just to make space for Adnan to sit on the bench ? That's some incredible logic.

Mourinhonista

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
He was keeping Ibra on the bench years before he became "alright". He actually reached quite a level at Barcelona, more than a decent debut season. Januzaj has done litereally nothing besides that.
He kept Ibra on the bench because Pep fell out with him. No sane coach would put Ibra on the bench.

Januzay lacks mentality, but you're right he isn't as good as Bojan once was. Still Januzay can have a decent career. This Hazard brother also needed time, but i wouldn't put money on Januzay, not anymore.

wolvored

I can translate......

"I demand the ball, bang bang bang, I run three or four people and I score."

Demands with menaces, triple drive by shooting, reckless driving and drugs.
Lol very good. I was trying to remember when did he ever run past 3-4 people and score. Must of been when he played for the youth, or he was playing as himself on FIFA 17.

Kiksu

Reminded me a little of the Berry Berry Shrew thing from the Januzaj thread a few years back :lol:

Oyibo

I still think back to an away game end of last season. Maybe Norwich ?

He's on the bench, LVG tells him to warm up, but no sooner does he get up, LVG pulls him back ! maybe we scored, not sure..

Januzaj and a few of the "back bench" all start laughing. Think they all knew there were some issues...

prath92

I still think back to an away game end of last season. Maybe Norwich ?

He's on the bench, LVG tells him to warm up, but no sooner does he get up, LVG pulls him back ! maybe we scored, not sure..

Januzaj and a few of the "back bench" all start laughing. Think they all knew there were some issues...
Think it was an injury. We put on TFM instead