Adnan Januzaj - Real Sociedad player

undertaker

He was and is streets ahead of lingard in playing football and is younger yet we chose to keep a guy who runs around alot.

simonhch

Horrible boss
Supports
Urban Combat Preparedness
He was and is streets ahead of lingard in playing football and is younger yet we chose to keep a guy who runs around alot.
Preposterous post. Lingard is definitely a limited footballer, but one who has worked his arse off to make it at United, and has made valuable contributions, including an FA Cup winning goal. Januzaj, on the other hand, has been a total wastrel despite copious natural talent. The only player less deserving of wearing the United shirt in recent years is Ravel Morrison. Another prodigiously gifted player with a shitty attitude.

Adnan had every chance in the world to make it. I have zero sympathy for him, or any player who doesn’t make it through lack of application. No grudges against him. Hope he does well elsewhere.

pocco

loco
Keep a clean shit tomorrow, United is my final bus
Good to see him doing well. It was annoying to see all the stick he took off some United fans after he was treated quite poorly and generally mishandled. He made some bad decisions himself no doubt, but he was a kid and I feel the right coach could have steered him better.

izec

Talent was always there, but lets not pretend he gave himself a chance to succeed. His attitude was the issue and that for years and under various managers. Happy that he managed to turn it around it seems and produce, Sociedad is a good team in a good league.

prtk0811

Good to see him doing well. It was annoying to see all the stick he took off some United fans after he was treated quite poorly and generally mishandled. He made some bad decisions himself no doubt, but he was a kid and I feel the right coach could have steered him better.
Who was a better right coach than lvg and his team for young academy players?

marktan

I hate this 'attitude' myth that's parroted on this forum, consisting of chinese whispers from a) Some Dortmund coach who had no incentive to play an on-loan player over their established stars anyway and b) Mourinho, who despite being one of the best around, has made some questionable choices on attacking players in recent years (selling De Bruyne, Lukaku and Salah whilst at Chelsea - the former two due to the same 'attitude' concerns..). It's the same thing that's said regarding Luke Shaw, despite you know actually watching them in first-team games you see that they work hard and play well (as was the case with Shaw's sub appearance this season).

On Januzaj, I've watched his youtube highlights of most of his matches thus far for Sociedad, and he's been very good. Constantly showing good feet ala David Silva to evade markers, and being very good with his passes in the final third. He's a player whose fundementals are technically very good and does more with the ball than the majority of players. He seems to be getting more clinical with assists and goals thus far this season, what he really needs to do is maintain consistency to push on. Playing for a team like Sociedad regularly for 2-3 seasons will do him the world of good, much like De Bruyne at Chelsea he needs regular game time to push on to the level which unfortunately he couldn't get at United. He's still only 22, I hope he continues to improve because technically he's very pleasing to watch. Who knows, with a bit more clinical consistency and ruthlessness we may see him back at United one day.

Blind

Who was a better right coach than lvg and his team for young academy players?
Sorry that's nonsense, van Gaal fluked it with Rashford. Look at some the other players he gave game time to, McNair, Blackett, even Donald Love got a game. He might play some youngsters but doesn't have an eye for a player any more and they only played because of injuries and the fact our recruitment in his time was all over the place. Totally ignored Zaha and Pereira and Januzaj was given far more limited chances under him than what's being mentioned here.

K2K

"Can Manchester United score? They always score"
I hate this 'attitude' myth that's parroted on this forum, consisting of chinese whispers from a) Some Dortmund coach who had no incentive to play an on-loan player over their established stars anyway and b) Mourinho, who despite being one of the best around, has made some questionable choices on attacking players in recent years (selling De Bruyne, Lukaku and Salah whilst at Chelsea - the former two due to the same 'attitude' concerns..). It's the same thing that's said regarding Luke Shaw, despite you know actually watching them in first-team games you see that they work hard and play well (as was the case with Shaw's sub appearance this season).

On Januzaj, I've watched his youtube highlights of most of his matches thus far for Sociedad, and he's been very good. Constantly showing good feet ala David Silva to evade markers, and being very good with his passes in the final third. He's a player whose fundementals are technically very good and does more with the ball than the majority of players. He seems to be getting more clinical with assists and goals thus far this season, what he really needs to do is maintain consistency to push on. Playing for a team like Sociedad regularly for 2-3 seasons will do him the world of good, much like De Bruyne at Chelsea he needs regular game time to push on to the level which unfortunately he couldn't get at United. He's still only 22, I hope he continues to improve because technically he's very pleasing to watch. Who knows, with a bit more clinical consistency and ruthlessness we may see him back at United one day.
Come on

Wednesday at Stoke

Supports
Time Travel
Sorry that's nonsense, van Gaal fluked it with Rashford. Look at some the other players he gave game time to, McNair, Blackett, even Donald Love got a game. He might play some youngsters but doesn't have an eye for a player any more and they only played because of injuries and the fact our recruitment in his time was all over the place. Totally ignored Zaha and Pereira and Januzaj was given far more limited chances under him than what's being mentioned here.
He was also the first one to give consistent minutes to Lingard and recruited and got the best out of Martial. He did however feck up selling Keane too early.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Great to see him do well. Really hope he makes the Belgian NT for the World Cup.

Trophy Room

No he’s not. Januzaj is an average professional footballer who was incredibly overrated by us primarily because we wanted to grab hold of some form of optimism during a terrible time for the club.

rcoobc

Not as crap as eferyone thinks
No he’s not. Januzaj is an average professional footballer who was incredibly overrated by us primarily because we wanted to grab hold of some form of optimism during a terrible time for the club.
Fergie would have turned him into something great

limerickcitykid

There once was a kid from Toronto...
Go see what their fans have to say about him. They were the ones watching him.
You realize every PL game is televised and I'm capable of watching the matches myself right? Their fans talked shit about every player, and being a Sunderland fan doesn't mean they actually have a clue of what they are talking about. I'm a member of Villa forum and they were cesspool of shitposts their relegation season, same as Sunderland. Their views mean very little.

The Bloody-Nine

You realize every PL game is televised and I'm capable of watching the matches myself right? Their fans talked shit about every player, and being a Sunderland fan doesn't mean they actually have a clue of what they are talking about. I'm a member of Villa forum and they were cesspool of shitposts their relegation season, same as Sunderland. Their views mean very little.
I didn't realise you were an avid Sunderland fan who watched every game. My mistake.

marktan

By that I mean videos of every single one of his touches in the game, I guess highlights is the wrong word to use. More like recaps? Idk what the word for it is.

marktan

Apparently he's an average footballer.. Can people seriously watch his performances and see that he's not talented? This is his performance today vs Las Palmas, all of his performances this season have been of similar ilk:

marktan

I imagine his performances have been very impressive if you only watch youtube highlights.
I don't know why you're being condescending in every post of yours I've read on this page, but that video is of all his touches, good and bad. Even if it was just the good ones it'd be impressive for the fact that few players outside the top clubs have that technical ability to 1) dribble 2) protect the ball 3) Link up and play the final pass. Next time maybe actually watch one of his performances before commenting.

The Bloody-Nine

I don't know why you're being condescending in every post of yours I've read on this page, but that video is of all his touches, good and bad. Even if it was just the good ones it'd be impressive for the fact that few players outside the top clubs have that technical ability to 1) dribble 2) protect the ball 3) Link up and play the final pass. Next time maybe actually watch one of his performances before commenting.
I will when you do. Watching a youtube compilation, by someone called GTcomps who has less than 1000 subscribers, doesn't count. How do you know that every touch is included? You didn't watch the game.

In Rainbows

Apparently he's an average footballer.. Can people seriously watch his performances and see that he's not talented? This is his performance today vs Las Palmas, all of his performances this season have been of similar ilk:

I don't think he's been this good all the time. This is his best game I think, but he has been productive for Real Sociedad. Hope he can keep carrying on.

I will when you do. Watching a youtube compilation, by someone called GTcomps who has less than 1000 subscribers, doesn't count. How do you know that every touch is included? You didn't watch the game.
Well because that's usually what these compilations are for. You get to see the good and the bad, it's not a pure highlights video. However there are times when not all touches are shown as the editor misses some touches, but those misses could be very good touches too, not just bad ones that were purposely edited out.

marktan

Based on it, you know, including his bad touches too, as I've said previously. Also watching a youtube compilation of a single game does count, again for the reason I mentioned in my previous post.

The Bloody-Nine

I don't think he's been this good all the time. This is his best game I think, but he has been productive for Real Sociedad. Hope he can keep carrying on.

Well because that's usually what these compilations are for. You get to see the good and the bad, it's not a pure highlights video. However there are times when not all touches are shown as the editor misses some touches, but those misses could be very good touches too, not just bad ones that were purposely edited out.
That's my point. Unless you actually watch the game, relying on videos like the above isn't wise, in my opinion. It's no substitute for actually watching a match.

The Bloody-Nine

Based on it, you know, including his bad touches too, as I've said previously. Also watching a youtube compilation of a single game does count, again for the reason I mentioned in my previous post.
We'll agree to disagree.

Sly

Hang Ten
Scout
Supports
Sporting Clube Portugal
Januzaj or Lingard? Still baffled why Lingard was chosen ahead of him.
Lingard worse than Hitler and Stalin. More vilified than Trump on this board

The Bloody-Nine

You're not very good at this assumption stuff as yes I do live in the UK and was living in the UK for half of last season as well. Do I also have to explain to you what online streams are?
Do you know what 'televised' means? Every game is not televised in the UK.

Why any non Sunderland supporter would choose to watch them play is........odd.