Adnan Januzaj

Status
Not open for further replies.

Revan

Assumptionman
Feck off! There have been more than two decades that Kosovan football has been completely isolated which is a shame. It was the time for FIFA to do something about that.

My main concern now would be Kosovo having a half decent chance in beating Ireland, should we draw them. Ten bin men and Adnan would give us a run for our money, they'd be the lowest seed too. :lol:
To be fair, if all Kosovan players will return to play for Kosovo, I think that we would have a good chance to qualify for the big tournaments. Januzaj, Shaqiri, Xhaka, Behrami, Berisha etc are good players.

Anyway the bg problem is that FIFA allowed us to only play friendly games and I think that at best case scenario we would be allowed to go into qualification process for Russia 2018. Considering that best case scenarios never happen, it will go even further than that, so likely Januzaj will choose another country even if he wants to play for Kosovo. It will be a shame if he will have to play only 2-3 friendlies in a year instead of playing in the highest level.

I couldn't even point out Kosovo on the map. International games will be grueling for the lad.
:lol: Same about all other Serbian, Croatian, Bosnian etc players. Around 2 hours with airplane from England.

FlawlessThaw

most 'know it all' poster
I'd love England to be able to select him as they would become a much much better team and I can't see any potentially world class players coming through England's ranks right now. I also to went to school with a couple of Kosovan kids who emigrated and if they wanted to see themselves as British I'd have no issue with.

But if he was to play for Kosovo which is the idealistic choice then at least from United's pov I doubt he wouldn't have a summer break from time to time.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
I've seen an interview with him where he states he considers himself Kosovan, and that all his family are there. I think it's fantastic if he does choose them, and you never know, they could have a decent team a few years down the line.
I hope he is saying that from the heart though, and not what his Father has taught him to think.

Anyway whatever happens i'm sure he will choose the correct move.

brewlio

A prince among poopers
This thread has an OP relating to when the lad was still a 16 year old on the Anderlecht books (dated Feb 2011) so it shouldn't still be getting bumped now. I'm not so sure it should have been moved to the MU from the TF anyway. Feel free to start a new Januzaj thread with a relevant up to date title and OP.

Shutters.

Status
Not open for further replies.