Adrien Rabiot | signs 1 year deal at Juventus. See you all next year

Status
Not open for further replies.

Member 125288

You realise this time difference occurs every day, right?
There's also half a working day worth of overlap. I think this time difference talk has been massively overstated, unless Joel only works afternoons and we all clock off at bang on 5pm every day.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
It certainly happens to other clubs to be fair, we're just the most incompetent.

My issue is, these things can be sorted within an hour. Deadline day proves this. It's the same with negotiations over transfer fees with clubs.

You can contact a player and club at 6pm and he'll be signed by 10pm deadline. But if the same contact happens in the middle of the window it takes months to conclude.

The idea you would have a meeting to thrash out a deal, fail to reach one, and schedule another meeting in 6 weeks time to try again is just absurd to me. Lock yourselves in a room until the deal is done, and if it doesn't get done, move on to a different player.
Deadline day signings aren't really started on deadline day.

Dominos

Deadline day signings aren't really started on deadline day.
Some of them are.

Or at least in many cases there are no substantial agreements prior to deadline day so for all intent and purposes the bulk of negotiations are done on deadline day.

JPRouve

Scout
What are they saying in the video?
The man filming says that he is with the great player Adrien Rabiot, Rabiot adds from Juventus, the man then says that Rabiot is coming to England and wishes him good luck while Rabiot awkwardly thanks him.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
The Liverpool game is awkward timing as we'll get slapped regardless of who is out there. Glad he's coming, but i don't see a dramatic change in our fortunes until all our business is done. The outgoings are arguably more important than the incomings. And you know we'll leave it til deadline day to do everything. Might not be til mid September where things normalize at this point, where we have a set group and the training sessions improve.

Relevated

fixated with venom and phalluses
The man filming says that he is with the great player Adrien Rabiot, Rabiot adds from Juventus, the man then says that Rabiot is coming to England and wishes him good luck while Rabiot awkwardly thanks him.
:lol: the ending is so awkward!!!!

mu4c_20le

is it "coming to England" or here in England? Replies suggest it was filmed in England

Judas

Open to offers
The Liverpool game is awkward timing as we'll get slapped regardless of who is out there. Glad he's coming, but i don't see a dramatic change in our fortunes until all our business is done. The outgoings are arguably more important than the incomings. And you know we'll leave it til deadline day to do everything. Might not be til mid September where things normalize at this point, where we have a set group and the training sessions improve.
Part of me thinks we should save playing any new signings till after Monday night, last thing we need is a load of new players who haven't had a chance to settle in getting spanked first game.

The Corinthian

I will not take Mad Winger's name in vain
Supports
A Free Palestine
Noted the below in an article in The Athletic talking about Martinez and how Ajax dealt with it when he was facing extreme aerial threats.

And thinking about the below from a piece describing how Ajax functioned under ETH:

Now wondering if the Rabiot signing makes more sense if you consider it through the lense of that dynamic between CB and midfield.

At 6ft 2 and having been in the 95th and 93rd percentile for success in aerial duels in the last two seasons, he would certainly seem capable of offering the sort of additional aerial protection mentioned in the first quote when dropping deep. And while he has been criticised for being overly safe in possession, the fact that we may see the very progressive Martinez taking up the very aggressive positions mentioned in the second quote may ameliorate that issue somewhat.
Great points. And it’s why I think Rabiot will be a transformative signing for us. A genuine DM that knows how to play the role, is press resistant and technically proficient.

Plus he’s quite a physical player which is what we need in front of our fragile defence.

I think if (big if) we can pair him with Frenkie with Eriksen playing ahead (and dropping Bruno) we’ll be around 40-50% of the way through of having an excellent solid core and spine of the team (Varane, Martinez, Rabiot, Frenkie, Eriksen).

red thru&thru

I'm now looking forward to Rabiot coming. I think he will be a good signing...that how desperate I have become.

mu4c_20le

Glad someone is happy about it. Not quite sure where it's based though. Juve seem happy to practically give him away.
Just like Barca are happy to get rid of FDJ. Doesn't mean player is bad, sometimes just need a change of scenery and system.

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
Just like Barca are happy to get rid of FDJ. Doesn't mean player is bad, sometimes just need a change of scenery and system.
Rabiot has never been that good though. He's not in same league as FDJ.

Barca only want rid of him due to his wages too. Nothing to do with ability. They are trying to right the wrongs of the previous president.

mu4c_20le

Barca only want rid of him due to his wages too. Nothing to do with ability. They are trying to right the wrongs of the previous president.
Not just wages, Frenkie hasn't lived up to his price tag either. His last appearance against Rayo was one of his best games in the last two three years. It's like living up in the mountains with narrow windy roads and keeping a mustang in your garage.

JPRouve

Scout
is it "coming to England" or here in England? Replies suggest it was filmed in England
I have no idea, I would say that the guy was talking about his rumoured future club, not where they currently are.

GaryLifo

Liverpool's Secret Weapon.
We can't even get a deal done with a guy who wants to come and whose club are keen to sell.

What is the hold up ffs? He's not even that great.

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
No way that's England. They're classic European apartments in the background, why would Rabiot be hanging around an estate in England, along with another frenchman :lol:.

DJ_21

Evens winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
Why do we always take forever on personal terms? The deal got agreed like last week… absolute embarrassment. We always take forever in transfer windows, need midfielders like desperately, so what do we do, not sign any until after the 2nd game of the season.

croadyman

Great points. And it’s why I think Rabiot will be a transformative signing for us. A genuine DM that knows how to play the role, is press resistant and technically proficient.

Plus he’s quite a physical player which is what we need in front of our fragile defence.

I think if (big if) we can pair him with Frenkie with Eriksen playing ahead (and dropping Bruno) we’ll be around 40-50% of the way through of having an excellent solid core and spine of the team (Varane, Martinez, Rabiot, Frenkie, Eriksen).
Martinez will continued to be bullied when facing tall strikers though that's the problem

croadyman

They could work well together IF by some total miracle we can get both deals done

Kramer

Thanks!

The Corinthian

I will not take Mad Winger's name in vain
Supports
A Free Palestine
Martinez will continued to be bullied when facing tall strikers though that's the problem
If you read the post I was quoting you’ll see how Ajax mitigated that risk with Martinez.

JPRouve

Scout
No way that's England. They're classic European apartments in the background, why would Rabiot be hanging around an estate in England, along with another frenchman :lol:.
It looks like a standard french building from the 60s-70s but I could be wrong.

FreakyJim

90% of teams play better football than us
We can't even get a deal done with a guy who wants to come and whose club are keen to sell.

What is the hold up ffs? He's not even that great.
He probably wants 300k a week and we're trying to bring it down to 295k.

Jazz

Just in case anyone missed it. I don't like Mount.
So what's the hold up with this guy?

Jazz

Just in case anyone missed it. I don't like Mount.
:lol: It's unbelievable, isn't it.. anyway, I hope something happens and we don't sign him.
No. I'd rather get his moody ass in than be stuck with McFred. Come on, beggars can't be choosers here.

Status
Not open for further replies.