Adrien Rabiot | signs 1 year deal at Juventus. See you all next year

Status
Not open for further replies.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
Wouldn't of minded him on top of De Jong but him alone? No way, glad we've walked away

Delano

Didn't want the bloke, but my god. How do we keep doing this? Surely we knew his expected salary? Instead we've pissed another week up the wall.

Mickeza

still gets no respect
Deepthroating information to Howard Nurse.
I’m happy we won’t pay him stupid money but this is just ludicrous. He’s been available all summer - Juventus want him gone - why have we wasted 10 days negotiating with a player who’s demands we should have known before bidding?

Leftback99

Might have a bedwetting fetish.
:lol: Such a mess. I don't have an issue with walking away from ridiculous wages but it's so late in the window now that reasonable deals are out of the window and many good options have gone.

2 man midfield

Last Man Standing finalist 2021/22
Didn't want the bloke, but my god. How do we keep doing this? Surely we knew his expected salary? Instead we've pissed another week up the wall.
If you believe the reports, we offered to match his Juventus wage, and he demanded a lot more. I don’t really mind that we’re not bending over but at some point you have to expect to get lubed up if you leave it this late.

::sonny::

I’m happy we won’t pay him stupid money but this is just ludicrous. He’s been available all summer - Juventus want him gone - why have we wasted 10 days negotiating with a player who’s demands we should have known before bidding?
4 months wasted on De Jong

Infra-red

Reports of Murtough flying to Turin to 'seal the deal' will go down in infamy together with Woodward's trip "for urgent transfer business" during the Australian pre-season tour in his first summer in charge. In fact, this summer, with its protracted chase for a reluctant, Barcelona-based midfield star, continues to have parallels with the ill-fated 2013 debacle. All that remains is a desperate, last-minute, ludicrous bid for an average midtable CM. Step forward Ruben Neves, for £80m.

izec

Reports of Murtough flying to Turin to seal the deal will go down in infamy with Woodward's trip "for urgent transfer business" during his first summer in charge. In fact, this summer, with it's chase for a reluctant Barcelona midfielder, continues to have parallels with the ill-fated 2013 debacle. All that remains is a desperate, last-minute, ludicrous bid for an average midtable CM. Step forward Ruben Neves, for £80m.
Learning on the job, same as Woody in 2013. By the time they have a slight clue how to do some transfers in a decade's time, they will leave for the next newbies and we are still a shambles

yumtum

DUX' bumchum
Hahah. This club is killing me.
Erm, what? I'm assuming this means next summers plans? We can't only now be finishing up our plans surely? Did Murtough only start working on this summer plans when the window opened? Inlept.

Anyway, I'm glad Rabiot has collapsed, it's worrying the club thought he would be a good choice I'm the first place, I suppose they could perhaps learn to find an agreement with the player before making a bid to the club next time? Again, inept.

Ish

Lights on for Luke
Penny pinching? Rabiot is asking for too high of a salary.

Any other time and the club gets slated for paying "deadwood" or "average" players too much.

Jheeze.
Yeah, no real "win" in this one. We criticise the club for overpaying for players/paying too high a wage and at the same time we also criticise them when were refusing to be held to ransom.

MikeUpNorth

Wobbles like a massive pair of tits
Glad this one looks to have fallen over. We don't need average prima-donnas who will probably cause far more trouble than they're worth.

TheGame

How do you know the expected salary before you negotiate? They tried to reach a compromise but couldn’t do walked away. Lots have been moaning about our wages and how much we pay.

the_cliff

People in here saying thank Goodness this fell through but will be the first ones complaining when we have to go through another complete season of McFred

Chief123

I’m not gutted we’ve missed out.

But I’m absolutely terrified at what our end purchase is going to be. There is no doubt going to be a panic signing, it’s just which way the dice rolls. :nervous:

jasT1981

If we are walking away because he wanted higher wages, even though we were willing to make him one of our highest earners, then good. I wasn't keen on him anyway and it had the potential to turn into another Pogba.

Time to stop paying high wages. Other clubs can have big success with better players on half of what we pay back-ups.

High wage demands should be a red flag, instead look for players who want to play for the shirt and fans, not the money.

Infra-red

Lets go in for the other Juve/Barca reject, Arthur :drool:

I remember how good he was when he just signed for Barca...even though that was probably 4-5 years ago :lol:
Not an awful suggestion, to be fair. He can pass a football and Juve reportedly want rid. I expect we'll have the same wage problem though - nobody is overly keen on joining United anymore and decent players will want some recompense for the step down in their careers (a mega salary).

RedMilo

He wanted more than Bruno and other top earners apparently hardly the wrong move
No he wasn't the right bloke in the first place, hence the humour.

The fact we haven't spent too much on him is one thing, the fact we have spent 3 months chasing FDJ then another week or so on this chap, is just MUFC all over. Blind leading the partially sighted at this club.

We need at least 2 midfielders with 2 weeks left. One of two things happens now 1) we get absolutely rinsed to get the right players in or 2) we don't get the 2 players we need in midfield or if we do, they won't be of sufficient quality, and we'll revert back to McFred..

Jazz

Just in case anyone missed it. I don't like Mount.
Come through Iqbal and Savage the dream team :D

We might just be forced to play our young ones.

Status
Not open for further replies.