Adrien Rabiot | signs 1 year deal at Juventus. See you all next year

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bestie07

Unlike Arnautovic, I am not completely against this signing. We badly need midfielders who can play ahead of McTominay. Rather than splunking 80 million on Neves and hope he comes good, better to have Rabiot for 10 million and hope he comes good.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Shit signing but still better than nothing and lets hope he finds unexpected form.
No, he is not better than nothing. If nothing, we at least can play Zidane Iqbal or Garner. Both would be better than this guy

The Corinthian

I will not take Mad Winger's name in vain
Supports
A Free Palestine
He was a press resistant and tidy player for PSG. He was actually pretty good there playing with Verratti.

He hasn’t been great for Juve, but they don’t play a possession based style, so I’m hoping under EtH he’ll look much much better.

The Corinthian

I will not take Mad Winger's name in vain
Supports
A Free Palestine
Also - do we have any idea of a fee?

Leftback99

Might have a bedwetting fetish.
I'd have rather kept Matic. Scrambling around for deals like this after spending the best part of £60m on a CB is shambolic.

thegregster

Harbinger of new information
Absolutely terrible signing. ETH and the board hasn't a clue when it comes to transfers.

Sounds of the Aquarium

A nightclub ten to two'er if i ever saw one.
This is what happens when you make eyes at the FDJ gal but then realize she left the club an hour ago.
Desperate :nervous:

RoyH1

He was a press resistant and tidy player for PSG. He was actually pretty good there playing with Verratti.

He hasn’t been great for Juve, but they don’t play a possession based style, so I’m hoping under EtH he’ll look much much better.
That's already an improvement over Fred/McT if true.

leontas

We’re replacing Lingard’s brother with Rabiot’s mom aren’t we?

rajds89

I’m happy to give any new signing the chance to show what they can do but.. this screams like a panic signing to me.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Haven't we used close to £70 million on Martinez and Malacia?
We're at something like 55m net spend, not counting the drop in wages from:
  • Pogba
  • Mata
  • Cavani
  • Lingard
  • Telles
  • Matić
  • Henderson
  • Pereira

dove

Went over to Juventuz forum and Rabiot doesn't seem very popular among that fan base. They have been wishing for someone to take him off their squad and have mostly questioned his professionalism and inability to show up for 80% of the season. This was all before he was linked to a move to United. Doesn't bode well.
Perfect replacement for Pogba. Now the only logical step left is to offer him £350k per week of course.

Loony BoB

Unlike Arnautovic, I am not completely against this signing. We badly need midfielders who can play ahead of McTominay. Rather than splunking 80 million on Neves and hope he comes good, better to have Rabiot for 10 million and hope he comes good.
Still don't think he's an improvement on McT based on the past two seasons, the most recent one especially. Will be happy to be proven wrong this season though, should it go through.

mikeyt

He has to be better than McTom, surely...?

But I never thought I'd see the day when the club was more knee jerk than the Caf

bond19821982

Last Man Standing champion 2019/20
Would take Parades above this guy and I think he is an average player.

redshaw

Should be a fairly decent signing considering the situation, we really need someone back there in midfield.

Crimson King

Oh man, I thought I could hear a fat lady singing whilst I was eating my cornflakes this morning.

nainaisson

I don't mind the signing in itself. What annoys me is that he's our alternative to De Jong, which means we were planning on signing De Jong and no one else, as if he's enough to fix our garbage midfield.

bludsucker

No, he is not better than nothing. If nothing, we at least can play Zidane Iqbal or Garner. Both would be better than this guy
I mean zidane iqbal or garner will still be at the club even if we sign this guy. Signing rabiot doesn’t mean automatic banishment for them. Of he doesn’t work out then we can still play garner or iqbal.

spiriticon

Ughhhhhhhhhhhh. Ok he's not a complete prick like Arnautovic but I mean, at what point do we stop taking other club's unwanted players and expect them to turn into gold here?

Cavani, Di Maria, Ronaldo to a certain extent, Schweinsteiger, Falcao....

sewey89

Incorrectly predicted the de Jong transfer 2022
Why are people so against this deal? Is it his mum, his attitude, his ability? All 3?

JustinC00

I'm out on this season if he and the racist prick are brought in. I get if de Jong doesn't want to come but for feck sake be a little more ambitious then those 2 fecking shite players

diarm

I'm half expecting to turn on my phone tomorrow morning to discover we've signed Icardi and are creating a new executive board headed up by Wanda and Old Mrs Rabiot.

ha_rooney

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
The transfer strategy remains incoherent & lacks discipline - kind of like how our we play football.

Status
Not open for further replies.