Adrien Rabiot | signs 1 year deal at Juventus. See you all next year

Status
Not open for further replies.

MyDevil

Well, if it includes McT going to other way, I don't mind.

hellhunter

Eurofighter
Supports
Karlsruher SC
I'm half expecting to turn on my phone tomorrow morning to discover we've signed Icardi and are creating a new transfer board headed up by Wanda and Old Mrs Rabiot.
I mean Bayern won a lot in their FC Hollywood phase, so why not

Godfather

He was a press resistant and tidy player for PSG. He was actually pretty good there playing with Verratti.

He hasn’t been great for Juve, but they don’t play a possession based style, so I’m hoping under EtH he’ll look much much better.
Anyone can look decent when he's got Verratti alongside him. Jesus Christ I was dreading the moment we actually signed him after being linked to that guy in 3 or 4 transfer windows before... oh well.

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
Isn't he basically a shittier Pogba who will ruin the wage structure and the team spirit even further?
What are you on about?
Also he is a completely different player to Pogba

pseudo_canadian

Definite upgrade over McFred, but if we’re only signing him and no other midfielder then it won’t make the impact we need

Loony BoB

Ughhhhhhhhhhhh. Ok he's not a complete prick like Arnautovic but I mean, at what point do we stop taking other club's unwanted players and expect them to turn into gold here?

Cavani, Di Maria, Ronaldo to a certain extent, Schweinsteiger, Falcao....
I agree with this on so many levels. Buying big name players hasn't worked out for us since RVP.

humdinger

I always thought he looked a pretty good midfielder in the making when he was young. This could be a good signing if we can get him to fulfill some of his early promise.

wary of all the reports of him being a egotist, although the French posters seem to be saying it’s primarily his mum not him.

Betson

Will we have him signed in time to play next weekend?

Clearly a panic buy as this is one we could have got at the start of the window if we were really that interested in him.

saik

So I go to sleep seething over the Arnautovic links and by the time I wake up we are linked to this guy and already concluded a deal? Surely must be some sort of record for us ?

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
I mean zidane iqbal or garner will still be at the club even if we sign this guy. Signing rabiot doesn’t mean automatic banishment for them. Of he doesn’t work out then we can still play garner or iqbal.
We're wasting money and wages on him to be nothing but a dressing room issue and a shit presence on the pitch. Its fecking crazy. I'm honestly shocked. I genuinely thought last season was rock bottom for this club, 0 goal differential at the end. And then we fecking target Arnautović and Rabiot as our emergency options after a first defeat of the season because we did nothing all window?

These are transfers that I would laugh at fecking Everton for doing, and they might well get relegated this year for being a complete shambles. What the feck. :lol:

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
Isn't he basically a shittier Pogba who will ruin the wage structure and the team spirit even further?
He is nothing like Pogba and who knows how much he will earn.

sewey89

Incorrectly predicted the de Jong transfer 2022
Combination of all three and the fear that it is the De Jong alternative.
Fair enough, understandable in that case. I have concerns, but I'm also very concerned about our midfield.

I've not seen that much of Rabiot to be honest, but i've always thought he was 'ok'.

If he's the De Jong replacement, then it's very concerning.

Oranges038

Aged well.
Ah feck... that'll learn me to not believe the oracle Ornstein.

15m could have got Caicedo a few months ago. Now, it's going on this lad. Would be better off giving the money and game time to Garner

Hope I am wrong, but this seems like a bad move.

Infra-red

He doesn't have much in his back catalogue to suggest he'll be a toxic influence in the dressingroom, so I don't think we actually have anything to worry about there. His mother is batshit crazy and he's a pretty average player, though.

I doubt he'll be on megamoney - he's never realised his talent and Juve want rid so it should be a cheapish deal in terms of fee and wages. You never know with United, though.

Eplel

Time for some people to fecking wake up, if it comes down to either this guy or McT, and you prefer McT, you we the muppet all along.

IRELANDUNITED

Will we have him signed in time to play next weekend?

Clearly a panic buy as this is one we could have got at the start of the window if we were really that interested in him.
Clearly a panic buy indeed but after watching that shite show yesterday the time to panic is now.

Litch

Hold on, you wanted to break up the McFred partnership….!!

Jeffthered

This guy is a good footballer, and will compliment Eriksen, and Bruno by improving the quality of our ball players. But he doesn't replace the need for a Declan Rice, Philips... a dominant defensive midfielder with power and drive.

I think this is a decent signing. Look at some of our squad ffs.

Betson

I'm half expecting to turn on my phone tomorrow morning to discover we've signed Icardi and are creating a new executive board headed up by Wanda and Old Mrs Rabiot.
If I was Charlie Adam I would not turn the phone off , he could be lining out for us by the end of the month.

Lewnited

It's not a horrible signing in isolation, but the problem with this signing is the context. End of the window, FdJ looking unlikely, McFruno dropping another stinker in the first match of the season etc.

If this signing was made in June, with the promise of 1-2 additional midfielders to supplement a completepy new look midfield then I'd honestly be perfectly fine with it. What's scary is that the timing suggests he's a de Jong replacement, which just won't do.

Loony BoB

Not watched him play for a while but surely he can’t be any worse than McFred
I'm starting to think people don't realise that McFred are still decent players and a lot better than many other midfielders out there. They aren't going to win you the Premier League, in all likelihood, and they may not even be good enough for top four. But yes, they are better than a lot of other players. Rabiot is, in my opinion, a downgrade based on everything I'm looking at, when it comes to both stats and Juventus fan opinions.

bond19821982

Last Man Standing champion 2019/20
Feck, any videos of his last season ? Let me try to be on board.

Status
Not open for further replies.