Adrien Rabiot | signs 1 year deal at Juventus. See you all next year

Status
Not open for further replies.

Loony BoB

People seem to be really struggling with a player being represented by a female relative
It really comes down to if these random crazy stories are genuine and not jokes/hyperbole. A lot of agents get crap for being absurd, and if she is also absurd, so be it. If it's just being exaggerated because she's female, that's very low of the press.

Baneofthegame

I don’t really understand the transfer to be honest, outside of the “PANIC BUY!” he seems to have attitude issue and has a circus around him at times, if ETH actually wants him I’m willing to see what he can offer.

spiriticon

So what are the terms of the deal then? If we have the chance to sign FdJ next year, will the board go "nah we have Rabiot on 200k a year for 6 years and we can't shift him so he plays. Forever."?

Infra-red

So what are the terms of the deal then? If we have the chance to sign FdJ next year, will the board go "nah we have Rabiot on 200k a year for 6 years and we can't shift him so he plays. Forever."?
We won't have a chance to sign FdJ next year - Barca will force him out this summer.

In terms of Rabiot, it's a case of marginal improvement over McTominay. Not ideal, given the paucity of our midfield options, but it's August, the season has started and we've already lost a game, so we don't have the luxury to wait around for someone better.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
It really comes down to if these random crazy stories are genuine and not jokes/hyperbole. A lot of agents get crap for being absurd, and if she is also absurd, so be it. If it's just being exaggerated because she's female, that's very low of the press.
She is a bit of a lunatic but it's also grossly exaggerated. Ancelotti once explained that because PSG(Leonardo) were avoiding her, she decided to sneak into the Camps des Loges and wait in front of Ancelotti's office in order to get answers regarding Rabiot's playing time. Now one thing most people are telling you is that while the method was wrong, she was right. It's an issue that has been raised by many and why many of their players left, most of them have been ignored and left in the dark. It's only this summer that PSG admitted that they messed up and needed to change.

Then you have the incident at the Euro, that one was ridiculous, she apparently wasn't even arguing with the people she thought she was arguing with.

hellhunter

Eurofighter
Supports
Karlsruher SC
stop with this gender BS please

Even male relatives get made fun of
No, it's the fact it's his mom. He's a grown man (allegedly) and he has to beg his mom to let him play for Manchester United. fecking embarrassing.
See what I'm talking about? No one says something like the last quote about a player being represented by his father

Mainoldo

Are there any positives he will bring? Something I can hold onto for my own sake.
He’s 6’1/2
Knows how to control a ball from all angles
Can dribble without getting a yellow card
Doest hide in between opposition players. So he’s available for a pass
He’s a starter for Juventus and previously PSG. I would say France too but some told me he’s a second team player. We will see if he’s right come November, I keep all my receipts.

Strootman's Finger

He’s 6’1/2
Knows how to control a ball from all angles
Can dribble without getting a yellow card
Doest hide in between opposition players. So he’s available for a pass
He’s a starter for Juventus and previously PSG. I would say France too but some told me he’s a second team player. We will see if he’s right come November, I keep all my receipts.
And statisically McTominay beats him in every measurable metric.

Strootman's Finger

They will be playing for the same team soon. So I’ll make I note of you and you can explains these stats with me in two months time.
He's statisically one of the worst midfielders in Europe, I don't put a ton of stock into stats, but sometimes they're just too overwhelming to ignore.

Mainoldo

He's statisically one of the worst midfielders in Europe, I don't put a ton of stock into stats, but sometimes they're just too overwhelming to ignore.
We’ll see. He’s not my favourite player but he’s an upper tier midfielder. We currently have non in our team bar Eriksen who is more advanced.

Tom Van Persie

No relation
No, it's the fact it's his mom. He's a grown man (allegedly) and he has to beg his mom to let him play for Manchester United. fecking embarrassing.
So? Plenty of players are represented by family members. She is his agent, I doubt we would be seeing the same comments if it was his dad.

JPRouve

Scout
Was he actively pursued by them? Seems odd that he'd opt to join us if the other interest was concrete.
Monaco yes, PSG it seems that it was only alternative to Sanches and Chelsea I have no idea.

Strootman's Finger

Just less of the lazy sexism please.
So? Plenty of players are represented by family members. She is his agent, I doubt we would be seeing the same comments if it was his dad.
Because it's different, I'm sorry, but's it's embarrassing and emasculating for a grown man's career to be defined by the fact he's mom's a bitch and you better please her or she's going to track down your manager or teammates and go full Karen on them.

Strootman's Finger

He's a regular for Juve and hardly failed at PSG
He's considered a failed signing at Juve, which is why they were willing to pay him to go away before United showed up with a check. It's also why Juve fans are taking the piss out of United fans.

Lee565

Such a great midfielder that juventus were trying to shift him on for nothing and then of course we rock up with pocketful of money and magic beans to bless juventus with the chance to actually make a good fee back on him and I am sure we will also pay him wages he is not worth anymore.

Would prefer us going for arthur at juve rather than this guy.

It's odd to think if we rummaging through the bargain that we are not more pro active free agents this summer like wijnaldum who I think I would also prefer over rabiot based on pure professionalism

Last edited:

JPRouve

Scout
Because it's different, I'm sorry, but's it's embarrassing and emasculating for a grown man's career to be defined by the fact he's mom's a bitch and you better please her or she's going to track down your manager or teammates and go full Karen on them.
You are not making the male gender a good service with that meltdown, Karlito. :lol:

Redcy

all reports seem to be he wants a guaranteed start, and 175k a week, I would assume net mainly because European players always quote net

swissgenius

The issue is not that she's a lady. It's her unacceptable behaviour. She attacked the Mbappe and the Pogba family at a France game. She attacket PSG for not giving her son more game time, called him a prisoner.
Male or female isn't the issue, but the character certainly is...

Strootman's Finger

Sexism
You are not making the male gender a good service with that meltdown, Karlito. :lol:
No, Rabiot's mother is not doing woman any good by fulfilling a lot stereotypes people have about woman operating in this world. Yelling at the manager because he doesn't play her son, tearing a strip off one of the best players in the world because he's not playing up to your son's standards. Sorry, call me sexist, but that's not professional behavior that helps the female cause in the world of football.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016

Seems like a marginal upgrade on McT at best.
We’re signing yet another central midfielder whose worst attribute is having the ball at his feet and when under pressure. You know, the very thing you need players in the middle of the park to be good at to stop you getting overrun against Brighton and Hove Albion at Old Trafford.

Status
Not open for further replies.