Adrien Rabiot | signs 1 year deal at Juventus. See you all next year

Status
Not open for further replies.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
Is he willing to not be a complete bellend and play a more defensive minded role? I doubt it.
That's what he has been doing for the vast majority of his career. Are people under the impression that he has ever refused to do it?

DULLAGHAN

We’ll have this guy and FDJ within a week I reckon. Boss!

Unlike a lot on here, I’m quite eager to take a punt on this guy. He’s a talent, difficult talent maybe but you never know, like some of our other French players from the past, this could be his destined home!
I have to agree, a great deal of our problems at the moment is that our squad is full of bottle jobs who can't handle the pressure and our back line folds when things go against them.

Having a player who is a bit maverick and doesn't give a shit about the pressure to link the midfield and defensive could be a masterstroke. That being said he could also be a absolute nightmare. Either way it can't be worse than what we've had in midfield since Herrera left

Stobzilla

Official Team Perv
That's what he has been doing for the vast majority of his career. Are people under the impression that he has ever refused to do it?
Some idiot was making stuff up in another thread saying he had refused to play as a 6.

The narratives people get away with when it comes to this guy are unreal.

Red the Bear

Something less generic
Wasn't there stories about him not wanting to play there anymore while at psg?
If he comes that would be exclusively where he'd be asked to play so of course it would preferable if he doesn't make a fuss out of it.

JPRouve

Scout
Some idiot was making stuff up in another thread saying he had refused to play as a 6.

He never refused and that's why everyone of his coaches know that he does it and can do it at a high level. The issue if you want to call it that, is that he was developed as a box to box, in a role that is somewhat close the one played by Matuidi, that's his favorite role but Blanc and Emery rightfully preferred him as a alternative to Thiago Motta and a potential long term replacement, it's in that context that he allegedly needed some convincing, also Rabiot himself said that he will play wherever the coach asks him, he has a preference but it doesn't matter that much.

JPRouve

Scout
Wasn't there stories about him not wanting to play there anymore while at psg?
If he comes that would be exclusively where he'd be asked to play so of course it would preferable if he doesn't make a fuss out of it.
No the story was that Thiago Motta's role wasn't his favorite, he has never refused to play it and United don't have that role anyway.

Red the Bear

Something less generic
No the story was that Thiago Motta's role wasn't his favorite, he has never refused to play it and United don't have that role anyway.
Fair enough , it's probably obvious by now that I'm not particularly fond of him, hopefully he changes my opinion if he ended up here.

Red the Bear

Something less generic
Why aren't you fond of him?
Gives me the wrong vibe and have never been fond of his performances whenever I've seen him play for juve and France, I don't know about the veracity of reporters about him but they certainly don't help the matter either.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
No chance
McTominay will be moved on in a season or two. It’s clear as day that ETH has identified our midfield as being massively subpar and is focusing on improving it. McTominay at 26/27 isn’t going to sit on the bench as 5th choice and the club at that point are more likely to want a younger player to take that spot.

It might not seem like it after however long we have suffered McFred but we‘ve got a competent manager in now and McTominay has benefitted from being an academy player with potential - he’s at the age now where you have to hold your hands up and admit he‘s not up to standard and never will be.

Mr Pigeon

Illiterate Flying Rat
Scout

It's completely true. I've also heard that his mother is this a literal monster who controls his entire life and bullies everyone into doing her bidding. Some people say that every night they get together and dine on the souls of orphans.

Mickeza

still gets no respect
Deepthroating information to Howard Nurse.
So looking at his stats he’s always very good defensively with elite pressing figures and upper percentile for tackles/interceptions. His passing stats were average last season but the year before he was in the 98th percentile for pass completion, 77th for attempted passes and the 75th for passes under pressure in Serie A - again not great at progressive passing with that at 54th percentile - but his progressive carry stats again are upper percentile so until this season he has stats of a good to very good midfielder in the right system. Stick him next to FDJ and the 2 CBs who are all good at progressing the ball forward it does make sense doesn’t it?

croadyman

So looking at his stats he’s always very good defensively with elite pressing figures and upper percentile for tackles/interceptions. His passing stats were average last season but the year before he was in the 98th percentile for pass completion, 77th for attempted passes and the 75th for passes under pressure in Serie A - again not great at progressive passing with that at 54th percentile - but his progressive carry stats again are upper percentile so until this season he has stats of a good to very good midfielder in the right system. Stick him next to FDJ and the 2 CBs who are all good at progressing the ball forward it does make sense doesn’t it?
Yeah offers that tackling and intercepting ability which would allow De Jong to flourish but won't believe until it comes from the usual suspects

WhyYouGottaBeSoRuud?

Juve fans? French football fans? People who actually follow him regularly? What's he actually done to cause trouble. He has the reputation of it, but what's he actually done?
Any specifics quotes from your sources or?

1. Refused to be on Deschamps' France national team standby list after not making the squad.
2. Received a 2 weeks ban from PSG for being pictured on a night-out after being KO out CL - Prompting (at the time Sporting Director) Antero Henrique to question his attitude and professionalism.
3. Called the French FA to allow him to train with the first team after being dropped because he failed to agree a new contract.

And these are the things we know because they were widely reported.

I'm not necessarily saying he's a bad player (although I'm not sure he's a huge upgrade on what we have) but he comes with a lot of baggage. Much of it will be vocalised by his mother.

Someone else in this thread put it best -

"If you liked Mino Raiola and Pogba's brother's then you'll love Veronique Rabiot"

This is the reason I don't like this signing. He'll be on shocking wages too.

Once again though - very happy to be proved wrong.

Volumiza

The alright "V", B-Boy cypher cat
Do we get a different option striker and RB too, if so it will have been saved somewhat
Dunno dude, that would be something though eh? I’m quite interested in what Dalot can do at RB with more time and better coaching. Even though I appreciated AWB when he first came in, I think it was more the fact there was suddenly a player putting a shift in, I accept he needs moving on though so I’d be surprised if we haven’t signed a RB in some form.

Striker? I’d be a bit disappointed if we bring Morata in, I genuinely thought we’d dodged a bullet when he went to Chelsea, he didn’t look suited to the Premiership.

Saying that, for me, if we could wrap up the signing of two good midfielders I’d feel like we’d won the lottery.

JPRouve

Scout
Any specifics quotes from your sources or?

1. Refused to be on Deschamps' France national team standby list after not making the squad.
2. Received a 2 weeks ban from PSG for being pictured on a night-out after being KO out CL - Prompting (at the time Sporting Director) Antero Henrique to question his attitude and professionalism.
3. Called the French FA to allow him to train with the first team after being dropped because he failed to agree a new contract.

And these are the things we know because they were widely reported.

I'm not necessarily saying he's a bad player (although I'm not sure he's a huge upgrade on what we have) but he comes with a lot of baggage. Much of it will be vocalised by his mother.

Someone else in this thread put it best -

"If you liked Mino Raiola and Pogba's brother's then you'll love Veronique Rabiot"

This is the reason I don't like this signing. He'll be on shocking wages too.

Once again though - very happy to be proved wrong.
2. He didn't receive any ban for being pictured in a night club, he was alredy "banned" because he refused to extend his contract.
3. He rightfully contacted the LFP because PSG were in breach of the rules and that was before the CL Ko game.

WhyYouGottaBeSoRuud?

2. He didn't receive any ban for being pictured in a night club, he was alredy "banned" because he refused to extend his contract.
3. He rightfully contacted the LFP because PSG were in breach of the rules and that was before the CL Ko game.
Apologies. Shining example of a player. Give him £300k p/w.

rizx

Look how nicely United players associate with the fans. They saw on social media, that we don't want Rabiot, so they decided to discourage him via their pitch performance. Thank you guys! :D

JPRouve

Scout
I literally showed you and can't help you more than that. The fact that you still don't understand makes me think you don't know what the word means.
I don't think that you know how to use sarcasm, otherwise you would use it the you did after being wrong. But maybe it's me, I don't use sarcasm after being wrong.

JPRouve

Scout
You think there are pre-requisites for the use of sarcasm? :lol::lol::lol:
Sarcasm is about context, otherwise it makes little sense. In our case you talked nonsense and somehow thought that sarcasm would make sense as an answer. I suspect that you don't know how to use sarcasm.

WhyYouGottaBeSoRuud?

Sarcasm is about context, otherwise it makes little sense. In our case you talked nonsense and somehow thought that sarcasm would make sense as an answer. I suspect that you don't know how to use sarcasm.
I suspect English isn't your first language? If it was you wouldn't be chatting the absolute drivel you're coming out with now.

JPRouve

Scout
I suspect English isn't your first language? If it was you wouldn't be chatting the absolute drivel you're coming out with now.
It's not but your use of sarcasm in a context where you talked absolute nonsense doesn't make you any favor. I initially opted that you would engage in a more sensible way but here we are.

WhyYouGottaBeSoRuud?

It's not but your use of sarcasm in a context where you talked absolute nonsense doesn't make you any favor. I initially opted that you would engage in a more sensible way but here we are.
I can't believe how many posts you have made showing everyone that you don't understand sarcasm. But here we are.

JPRouve

Scout
I can't believe how many posts you have made showing everyone that you don't understand sarcasm. But here we are.
As if it would be problem. I would be a bit more worried about talking nonsense and not having the decency to accept it.

Status
Not open for further replies.