Adrien Rabiot | signs 1 year deal at Juventus. See you all next year

Status
Not open for further replies.

crossy1686

career ending
28th lowest percentile for passes attempted, 55th for passes completed, 14th for progressive passes. So he doesn’t get on the ball very often, when he does he’s very safe with it and even being safe with it he still gives it away.

Welcome to the new data driven era of recruitment.

(His off the ball stats are good though. I just wanted to moan…)
I’ll scream if I here the board talk about the recruitment centre and all the scouting they do after this

mikeyt

Or we could pay Frenkie's deferred wages and actually find out if the bloke wants to join or not! Plus I'd sooner give Garner or Hannibal a shot to new honest.

Green Arrow

What a pointless signing this would be, why are we even considering him for?? Another panic by from the club so much for the new era. Same old same old.

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
I think people are conflating his Mum with him when it comes to attitude. I don't think he's ever had any attitude problems?
Think he did, but then again his mum is a female agent and we know how football treats female agents anyway

TMDaines

Fun sponge.
Absolute man-child but a good player if ETH can handle him. Mixed on this one. Reminds of when Rodgers signed Balotelli as he seemed to think he could somehow tame him.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
Ignoring how desperate this feels, surely he can play McTominay’s role better?
They are not comparable. Rabiot is a decent midfielder at high level that was expected to be great but isn't. And no Tielemans isn't better.

Acquire Me

Washed up, hasn’t played well since PSG, big contract, like huge contract, mother is a fecking head case. He just wants out of Juventus, he doesn’t want to play for United.
I don’t care. I am better than McTominay and I don’t play football ffs.

AndySmith1990

28th lowest percentile for passes attempted, 55th for passes completed, 14th for progressive passes. So he doesn’t get on the ball very often, when he does he’s very safe with it and even being safe with it he still gives it away.

Welcome to the new data driven era of recruitment.

(His off the ball stats are good though. I just wanted to moan…)
Sounds like McTominay v1.1

gregor

Better than our current options, but not what we need.

cyberman

Rabiot neither played in Holland nor for ETH, though. Surely that's progress
People are complaining but this is exactly the type of player that would join Ajax and have a career resurgence under him. I understand the Arnautovic outrage but crying about Rabiots mother doesn’t make any sense

ayushreddevil9

Foootball hinders the adrenaline of transfers.
He is left footed. Not sure if he will replace McTom.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Here’s a brilliant one for you all — Adrien Rabiot attempts fewer passes than Scott McTominay per 90 minutes. The Frenchman averages 42.30 whilst our midfield dynamo averages 47.49. Not enough? Rabiot has an even worse successful accurate passing %. Rabiot completes 83.60%, McTominay 85.1%. Rabiot is also in the bottom 14th percentile for progressive passes (passes that move the ball forward at least 5 yards from the half way line and above).

What the feck is he doing all game? How on Gods green earth have we managed to get linked to a player who is actually more of a midfield ghost than Scott McTominay?

Oranges038

You think United sign every player they show a concrete interest in and open negotiations on?
I'm saying this won't happen.

Already people have convinced themselves that this is a done deal and his mother is coming with him as part of the deal.

To be fair. She probably wouldn't do much worse than Fred or McT.

Giant Midget

Aka - rooney_10119
I think people are conflating his Mum with him when it comes to attitude. I don't think he's ever had any attitude problems?
Didn’t he leave PSG in the first place because he refused to play as a CDM? That’s his main position, but he wanted to be a No.8 and they let him go.

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
Ignoring how desperate this feels, surely he can play McTominay’s role better?
Exactly, he's like a technical upgrade on McTominay. Don't really see the issue after watching the slop served up to us yesterday.
Think he did, but then again his mum is a female agent and we know how football treats female agents anyway
I think he had your standard young lad, lack of professionalism at points, but hardly this toxic attitude being painted here.

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
Didn’t he leave PSG in the first place because he refused to play as a CDM? That’s his main position, but he wanted to be a No.8 and they let him go.
There were lots of different rumours as to why he did, but the main one was he wouldn't renew his contract. So that could be for many different reasons we're not privy too.

redIndianDevil

So panicking and trying to sign any and every midfielder now. Now every club is going to be horrible to deal with as they all know we are even more desperate now. This is exactly going like how we paid extra for Fellaini. Now we are going to pay more for another useless squad addition who is going to be tough to move on after failing here.

Mainoldo

After McFred’s display and lack of understanding instructions yesterday. I’d happily take him. He’s technically far superior to those two and he’s got character (As in he won’t be scared to play for us. Unlike Scooby Doo McTominay).

Chaky_Best

Supports 'a joke of a club'.
You are all crying, but Rabiot is 10 times better than Mc Tominay.

Yes, he's his a crying baby, Veronique his mother a very protective one, but on the pitch, he will be an upgrade.

For sure he's not De Jong, but at least he will be an improvement to what we have.

At PSG he wanted to play 8, but they all said that his best position was at 6 in front of the defense.

Sure he'll have to improve his tempo in the PL, as he like playing slow, but he would be definitely an upgrade, and definitely not in Arnautovic dimension.

Godfather

Here’s a brilliant one for you all — Adrien Rabiot attempts fewer passes than Scott McTominay per 90 minutes. The Frenchman averages 42.30 whilst our midfield dynamo averages 47.49. Not enough? Rabiot has an even worse successful accurate passing %. Rabiot completes 83.60%, McTominay 85.1%. Rabiot is also in the bottom 14th percentile for progressive passes (passes that move the ball forward at least 5 yards from the half way line and above).

What the feck is he doing all game? How on Gods green earth have we managed to get linked to a player who is actually more of a midfield ghost than Scott McTominay?
Jesus Christ. Playing for Juventus as well. You have to be kidding me. Didn't know he is quite that bad.

KD6-3.7

Surely we can do better then Rabiot.

Also so much for staying away from problematic characters.

Boh

Supports
Juventus
If you want to upgrade your midfield, he's not that guy. Decent when concentrated( he's often not), good physicality, can be useful in transitions. Painfully average in everything else

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
So you wouldn't be totally against it?
No I wouldn't be against it, he should be a decent squad player for a good team but not the star that he was expected to be. My only issue in a french context is his mom who is an absolute menace.

Status
Not open for further replies.