Adrien Rabiot | signs 1 year deal at Juventus. See you all next year

Status
Not open for further replies.

redIndianDevil

Depressing. But better than nothing. Is that all our scouts can come up with?
I don't think our scouting department works. They just hide behind managers. What's the point of employing them. Even a FIFA player can come up with more midfielder names than our scouting department.

Wednesday at Stoke

Supports
Time Travel
Ten Hag took one good look at that midfield and went from "I only want the right player" to "Please get me any midfielder with a pulse". :lol:

OleGunnar20

Would genuinely rather see Iqbal & Garner given the year there while we do some actual fecking scouting, if that's what it takes. Rabiot would be just another overpaid flop we'd be stuck with in a year or twos time.

Mainoldo

Here’s a brilliant one for you all — Adrien Rabiot attempts fewer passes than Scott McTominay per 90 minutes. The Frenchman averages 42.30 whilst our midfield dynamo averages 47.49. Not enough? Rabiot has an even worse successful accurate passing %. Rabiot completes 83.60%, McTominay 85.1%. Rabiot is also in the bottom 14th percentile for progressive passes (passes that move the ball forward at least 5 yards from the half way line and above).

What the feck is he doing all game? How on Gods green earth have we managed to get linked to a player who is actually more of a midfield ghost than Scott McTominay?
Does those stats cover pass variation and show themselves for the ball in good positiona? I thought not.

bucky

Here’s a brilliant one for you all — Adrien Rabiot attempts fewer passes than Scott McTominay per 90 minutes. The Frenchman averages 42.30 whilst our midfield dynamo averages 47.49. Not enough? Rabiot has an even worse successful accurate passing %. Rabiot completes 83.60%, McTominay 85.1%. Rabiot is also in the bottom 14th percentile for progressive passes (passes that move the ball forward at least 5 yards from the half way line and above).

What the feck is he doing all game? How on Gods green earth have we managed to get linked to a player who is actually more of a midfield ghost than Scott McTominay?
That was last season though. Check the season before that. Much better. If ten Hag can get a tune out of him, he would be good player to have. Massive gamble though.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout

Rabiot is mainly a defensive midfielder and a good one. He is very good at carrying the ball but has one pretty big weakness, he hesitates to make certain forward passes in tight space.

cyberman

Never seen enough of rabiot but ive heard hes quite good?
The overreaction to this is just carrying over from the Arnautovic thread. He isn’t old, had a lot of game time for Juve last season. Won’t be expensive so easy to move on in a season or two.
If Ten Hag thinks he can make a player out of him, why not?

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
Things not going well in the auld recruitment bunker then.

James35

He has his attitude issues as well right. Quality player on his day though, not top tier but levels above McTominay. I’d be much less against this than Arnautovic

Infra-red

If true, this would seem to indicate that we are getting rather desperate. Would also mean the De Jong deal is dead (no surprise there, though).

LARulz

Just give the spot to youth, we are doing the exact same thing again and again. It's a fecking joke

JPRouve

Scout
He has his attitude issues as well right. Quality player on his day though, not top tier but levels above McTominay. I’d be much less against this than Arnautovic
Not really, it's overstated. He had one issue with France and as a youngster was big headed but that's about it.

Delano

I'm honestly desperate to know how the club is using our resources. Apparently, we have loads of scouts, new "data" teams a DOF etc. What are they doing?

Is Rabiot what they found as a FdJ like for like when they crunched the numbers? Because he isn't.

Honestly, we'd be better off using Football Manager to buy players. At least we'd save some money.

Highfather_24

The last thing we need is another technically deficient b2b mid.

Chased FdJ and Antony all summer, and end up with Rabiot and Arnautovich.

God our recruitment is horrendous.

JPRouve

Scout
I'm honestly desperate to know how the club is using our resources. Apparently, we have loads of scouts, new "data" teams a DOF etc. What are they doing?

Is Rabiot what they found as a FdJ like for like when they crunched the numbers? Because he isn't.

Honestly, we'd be better off using Football Manager to buy players. At least we'd save some money.
It would be more about who replaces Fred. Not everything is about De Jong.

Ayoba

Poster of Noncense.
I think I could do a better job that Murtough.

Arnautovic, Raboit....feck me sideways.

Matt007a

Better than what we have sure, but not a long term solution.

Clearly we're not as confident as we are telling the press about FDJ coming here.

ayushreddevil9

Foootball hinders the adrenaline of transfers.
The overreaction to this is just carrying over from the Arnautovic thread. He isn’t old, had a lot of game time for Juve last season. Won’t be expensive so easy to move on in a season or two.
If Ten Hag thinks he can make a player out of him, why not?
Ten Hag also thought McFred is good enough.

saivet

From a purely football perspective I've never been impressed with him, not for France, Juve or when he was at PSG. Not to say he's a bad player but distinctly average whenever I've watch him and rarely a stand out player.

Telsim

We literally just got rid of Pogba. :lol: Expecting to be linked with Balotelli next.

B. Munich

Supports
Bayern Munich
We could get Tolisso and/or Grillitsch on free transfers. Just saying...
Honestly I was surprised United weren't after him. Yeah he is injury prone but on a free transfer the risk is low, his wages aren't really high and if he is fit he is a big upgrade to McFred.
Of course now it's too late as he signed for Lyon a few weeks ago.

James35

Not really, it's overstated. He had one issue with France and as a youngster was big headed but that's about it.
Thats cool then. Glad to have heard wrong. He does have qualities though and I’d take him for sure. Absolutely sick to my back teeth with seeing McTominay play.

OT_United

Getting a lot of hate on here / twitter from Utd fans. Is he that bad? Haven't watched him at Juventus but always remember he looked very talented at PSG a few years back.

avgp_1

Massive overreaction here. He is a fine player, Allegri's team are too defensive and dont mind the opposition have most of the ball

Wezzaldo

Rabiot has never caused any issue in a dressing room.
^This

Chinese whispers as usual. His mother is a complete lunatic, but the player himself has never been disruptive. Did the usual young player shit at the start of his career, but I’ve never heard of him causing drama, just his mum being outspoken.

Status
Not open for further replies.