AFCON 2023 / 2024

the_cliff

This afcon has been incredible and I'm saying this as someone who's team got knocked out in the groups. People who don't follow the tournament are missing out.

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
The best one since I started watching

Working on an Afrobeats - Coupe Decale - Soukous - Amapiano pun so it would be nice if you guys pulled through @Ish
Same. Almost unrivalled entertainment.

Redlyn

Bebe playing exactly like he did for United. How does he get into any national team.

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir
This is the worst shootout I've seen and I've seen some pretty bad ones from United.

NicolaSacco

Supports
Ipswich
This is the worst shootout I've seen and I've seen some pretty bad ones from United.
You’re saying that because the keeper dived the right way so frequently. That’s down to chance to a large degree, not ability. You’ve probably seen a ton of shootouts like this, but where the keeper guessed the wrong way and the poorness of the penalty was not a factor.

Ish

Lights on for Luke
Bebe was so shit :lol:

Braindead, like he hasn’t developed an iota since he left us ffs. Shoot, shoot, shoot from impossible distance and angles and then still misses his fecking spot kick.

Get in Bafana.

maurinho

Supports
FC Porto
Jesus wept. Those were the worst penalties I’ve seen. Or maybe the best goalkeeping performance

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
You’re saying that because the keeper dived the right way so frequently. That’s down to chance to a large degree, not ability. You’ve probably seen a ton of shootouts like this, but where the keeper guessed the wrong way and the poorness of the penalty was not a factor.
Guessing the right way on 5/5 penalties isn't just chance.

Rood

nostradamus like gloater
Scout
He's not guessing - he's waiting and has amazing reaction time for pens

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Some amazing saves from that South African keeper, one right at the end of normal time was world class.

He'll be getting a decent move in the summer.

Rood

nostradamus like gloater
Scout
Some amazing saves from that South African keeper, one right at the end of normal time was world class.

He'll be getting a decent move in the summer.
He's 32 so probably not - never played pro outside of South Africa but was at Spurs youth at some point according to Wiki

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
He's 32 so probably not - never played pro outside of South Africa but was at Spurs youth at some point according to Wiki
Could be picked up as cheap backup as he was immense in that shootout, some keepers just seem to have that presence for those types of occasions.