Alan Green, a Liverpool fan who hates Fergie

charleysurf

Obnoxious, abusive bellend who is best ignored
http://sport.independent.co.uk/football/news/article1371975.ece

How are we supposed to believe he's unbiased when he criticises United when he's openly a Liverpool fan and hates Fergie? How can you be unbiased towards a team when you hate their manager? If you hate a teams manager then any criticism of the teams tactics etc. must be tainted by bias.

USDevil

Soldier of Fortune
So, are you? A smile. "All I'll say is that my personal views on clubs will never interfere with what I say. I'm supposed to hate Man United, but listen to my commentary on the [1999 European Cup] final in Barcelona and try telling me I hate Man United. It's garbage."
:yawn:

ANWAR

He's a right PRICK!

Nearly cried when he saw g.neville celebrating.

thoward

It's not a lisp!
There was a time a few seasons ago where he accused Ronaldo of faking an injury when he was brutally challenged by one of the Porto players in the game at OT. Of course it was a genuine injury and he had to be replaced. It was rich considering all the diving, cheating and feigning injury came from the Porto players over the 2 legs.

Fred the bin dipper

Don't blame me mate, it's everyone else's fault.
to be fair, Green does sometimes seem biased against United, the same way most Liverpool fans would be. Clive Tyldesley is just as bad though in being biased for you. he manages to slip "That Balmy night in Barcelona" into every commentary, and his head was firmly lodged up Roy Keanes arse for years.

getting completely unbiased commentators is nigh on impossible. Andy Gray hates liverpool with a passion.

green demon

Caf Nostradamous 2008
Near to nowhere, in the suburbs of Amnesia.
Fred said:
to be fair, Green does sometimes seem biased against United, the same way most Liverpool fans would be. Clive Tyldesley is just as bad though in being biased for you. he manages to slip "That Balmy night in Barcelona" into every commentary, and his head was firmly lodged up Roy Keanes arse for years.

getting completely unbiased commentators is nigh on impossible. Andy Gray hates liverpool with a passion.
I don't think its just his "bias against", or to be closer to the fact his "absolute hatred for" United that really winds people up - it's his lying when he says 1) He doesn't hate United and 2) he isn't a Liverpool fan.

It's the fact that he's a hypocritical lying bastard that infuriates me for sure.

As far as Andy Gray goes, from what I've seen it's the exact opposite - he normally gets over-excited at anything Liverpool do! It has always surprised me as Gray is an ex-Evertonian, but I've stopped listening to his patronising drivel now as much as I can.

Legend16

Fred said:

No gray is just shit.

As for hating Liverpool listen to his ecstatic "you beauty" commentary on Gerrards winner at Anfield in the european cup two years ago.

noodlehair

"It's like..."
I've no doubt Fergie is a bully, and a bit of a nasty cnut, but feck sake grow up Green you slimey weirdo. To make a comment like that, because the team sheet changed slightly, smacks of petty bitterness in any case, so he's kidding himself if he thinks it started there.
The BBC and SAF don't get on as a whole, which is particularly moronic on the BBC's part, since they're supposed to provide an unbiassed service to the public. SAF isn't under that obligation, they are.
Idiots like Linekar ensure this isn't even close to being achieved. I've noticed some cheap shots being aimed at Chelsea of late too. Maybe Mourinho told Garth Crooks that he has a funny shaped head.
They're supposed to above the silly childishness that goes on within the football world, but at present they're clearly not. Green is just part of the problem. He could easily just be told to settle down.
Commentary bias is always going to be there, but when you've got pundits publicly having personal issues with various people/clubs, and managers refusing to talk to you, it becomes a problem

Red Dreams

Across the Universe....from Old Trafford.
Fred said:

Green is a liar end off....

thoward

It's not a lisp!
Fred said:

Gray hates Liverpool with a passion.:lol: Well did you hear his reaction when Gerrard scored against Olympiakos 2 seasons ago. Ive never really heard any evidence that Gray dislikes Liverpool, he strikes me as one of the most neutral working in the media(well the majority of the time anyway0.
Tyledsley does mention that comment a bit too often but then commentators have mentioned Istanbul quite a lot and for me other than mentioning that he doesnt come across as biased towards United, although he shows more enthuasiasm when United score than some commentators.

BezsMaracas

Gray creams himself over whoever is winning. If Chelsea or United have a good game he'll be all for us, if the other team are giving it a good go he will be egging them on. Still pisses me off.

As for Green, he's a cretin of the highest order.

VanNistelrater

Poncey film buff
MUFC Champions 2006/2007: Where will the goals com
Alan Green is a horrible, horrible fat bastard.

No problem with commentators having opinions, but for feck sake declare your interest. The man is clearly a Liverpool fan, and clearly loathes MUFC, whether that is because he's a Pool fan or the thing with Ferguson who knows, but it's probably both. The way he acted when Neville humiliated Liverpool fans last season was hilarious, he threw an absolute tantrum - because he's a Liverpool fan. Even Chris Moyles on Radio 1, who is a Leeds fan and dislikes United as much as anyone, took the piss out of him for it saying he's the most bias man on radio.

His thing with SAF always raises a chuckle too, I remember him saying once "Well we're not on each others Christmas card list", as if Fergie even remembers or knows who the fat twat is. By the looks of it he vastly over-estimates his importance, he's one in a long line of hacks who have been banned or slung out, his fat face is lost in the crowd to Fergie no doubt.

BezsMaracas

VanNisteltrator said:
Alan Green is a horrible, horrible fat bastard.

No problem with commentators having opinions, but for feck sake declare your interest. The man is clearly a Liverpool fan, and clearly loathes MUFC, whether that is because he's a Pool fan or the thing with Ferguson who knows, but it's probably both. The way he acted when Neville humiliated Liverpool fans last season was hilarious, he threw an absolute tantrum - because he's a Liverpool fan. Even Chris Moyles on Radio 1, who is a Leeds fan and dislikes United as much as anyone, took the piss out of him for it saying he's the most bias man on radio.

His thing with SAF always raises a chuckle too, I remember him saying once "Well we're not on each others Christmas card list", as if Fergie even remembers or knows who the fat twat is. By the looks of it he vastly over-estimates his importance, he's one in a long line of hacks who have been banned or slung out, his fat face is lost in the crowd to Fergie no doubt.
Chris Moyles only heard of footy when Leeds got to the semi finals in europe. He probably doesn't even know what a football looks like.

untitled_6899

An unbiased commentator would never get that upset with a player celebrating a goal in front of opposition supporters.

(Chris Moyles on Green's reaction to Gary Neville's celebration) http://www.yousendit.com/transfer.php?action=download&ufid=6662EF686EB88AAB

Its clear he hates Manchester United and has a soft spot for Liverpool, and Rio Ferdinand’s majestic last minute goal probably tipped him over the edge so he decided to make Gary Neville the scapegoat for his frustration.

I refuse to listen to Radio Five Live because of this man, he has a horrible style of commentating and doesn‘t pay that much attention to the game instead finding something else to target like a referee or Sir Alex Ferguson. He likes the sound of his own voice and probably likes saying 'controversial' things which in turn feeds his ego.

Then again he's employed by the BBC who still have the increasingly senile and embarrassing John Motson as their leading commentator, Mark Lawrenson as his sidekick and Ian Wright as a 'pundit'. The sporting side of the BBC needs reorganising.

Also I think he's a bit weird looking. His arms don't match his body and he doesn't have much of a neck either.

I concur with the previous statements that label him as a fat bastard.

ciderman9000000

I like Alan Green, even though he obviously don't like united. He's a good comentator.

Why's a comentator always got to be totally un-biased?

I like Mark Lawrenson too.

And Andy Gray.

they;re all good comentators. Despite who they support. Who wants a boring 'non-biased' comentator? I want real footy fans!

You reckon anyone who doesn't like united is a twat?

grow up!

RapidRed

ciderman9000000 said:
I like Alan Green, even though he obviously don't like united. He's a good comentator.

And Andy Gray.

they;re all good comentators. Despite who they support. Who wants a boring 'non-biased' comentator? I want real footy fans!

grow up!
Alan Green is a Grad A cnut. The fact that he is not a United supporter has feck all to do with it. As a commentator, you're supposed to be unbiased irrespective of whom you support. But this fat bastard HATES us and too often expresses this on air.

Even as a commentator in general, he talks out of his arse more often than not and is far too up himself. Listen to his commentary and you will find countless examples of his anti United remarks. He seems to think that he is a pundit above all others when in reality he is a proper cnut.

Do a search on the caf and you'll find threads about several of his twatty moments.

ciderman9000000

I've listened to alan green many a time mate. I aint disputing the fact that he doesn't like united. Him not liking united just doesn't bother me that much, in fact it don't bother me atall. If i thought that everyone that disliked united was a twat then i'd know a lot of fecking twats!
I think it's good that a comentator can show his true feelings towards a club (anti-united or not) and not have to conform to the 'unwritten law' that all pundits should be un-biased. Why should they be un-biased? I prefer passion to political correctness anyday, be it pro-united passion or not.

ciderman9000000

Plechazunga said:
Alan Green's rubbish, and a bellend

All my mates agree with this, United or not
Hey well if your mates agree plech then i've got no choice but to agree with them. Far be it for me to argue with your mates plech. I guess this thread can be closed now thanks to plech's mate's ruling on the subject. say no more about it. Plech's mates have spoken. so it shall be written... so it shall be done. Amen. Etc. Etc.

ciderman9000000

Plechazunga said:
Bit fat

She routinely calls her son, "That fat pompous tit", to his face

I'm trying to be serious for once and post in the main united forum and you come along and ruin in for me!...... feck this i'm going back to general chat!!!!!

ralphie88

ciderman9000000 said:

I have no problem with Green being a Liverpool fan. What really got my goat was his 10 years of lying about his allegiances, denying he was a Liverpool fans and claiming to support Macclesfield! It was only after the Indie 'outed' him last year that he's finally stopped denying it.

I've a lot of time for both Lawrenson and Hansen.

redevil2

ciderman9000000 said:

grow up!
you missed the whole point about our dislike of this fat cnut! The fact that he hated Man United is not the main issue.

It is his total denial of hating our club and manager, hence the unnecessary bias commentation in our games and his lie about his allegiance to liverpool.

His bias had interferred with his professionalism to a great extent. His reaction after Neville's celebration is like he had just witnessed his father being murdered by Gaz, and this is totally unacceptable by any standard. Even you are a liverpool fan you will find it distasteful, totally out of order and unprofessional.

It's within your right to like him but dont tell us he is a good commentator cos he is not. Unless of course you are saying being unprofessional is good.

Bearded but no genius

noodlehair said:
I never heard his reaction to the Neville thing

Was it really that bad?
It was the funniest thing I have ever heard on radio.

It was like his own granny had been stabbed.