Alejandro Garnacho

Atheist

His workrate has been phenomenal too. Lots of tracking back and tackles to win the ball back.

Red-17

Most surprising thing to me is how up to speed with the physicality he is. For his age he doesn’t look out of place right now.

Shark

@NotShark
Was really surprised to see some write him off on here. Think he's going to be totally mint.

OverratedOpinion

Spend ages trying to assess whether a youth player is good enough and then you see 10 minutes of someone like this and realise that it can be incredibly obvious at times.

Not just lovely technique and dribbling but good work rate and excellent decision making.

DJ_21

Evens winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
This guy looks phenomenal… big future ahead for him. I’d defo keep him around, maybe not starting but as a sub he could defo make an impact coming of the bench.

2cents

Historiographer, and obtainer of rare antiquities
Scout
First time seeing him properly, hard not to be excited. That pace will do a lot of damage.

AndySmith1990

Forget Antony and let's make use of this lad. He's got the raw abilities and works hard

SalfordRed18

Netflix and avocado, no chill
Supports
Ashwood City FC
I honestly don't think I've seen promising old Trafford debut like that since Ronaldo

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
Surprised how comfortable he looks at first team level. He's adapted well it seems.

Lewnited

Very good half from him. You can have all the skill in the world as a young player, but without the intensity for the top level you'll barely impact the game.

Highfather_24

A bit selfish, but probably the best talent out of the academy in the last 5 years...apart from YNW.

AndySmith1990

A bit selfish, but probably the best talent out of the academy in the last 5 years...apart from YNW.
I'd agree. I normally don't get hyped for academy players as I think all of them (except MG) have been pretty rubbish over the last decade. Garnacho is the first one that I think looks really promising and has bags of potential. Zidane may be another but its a bit early to say yet

Acquire Me

His immense work rate is what caught my eye when I saw him play a couple of times for the youth team.
It’s so important that side of his game. He will be huge if he continue doing that. Also very pacy and tricky. And we know he can shoot.

AJ VII

Promising half from Garnacho. Think he did well both with and without the ball. Just a shame he gave the ball to Chong several times when he could have finished himeself, only to watch Chong pass the ball to their goalkeeper or do something else stupid with the ball.

He has much better technique than Elanga so if he doesn't go out on loan he may have a decent chance to become backup RW this season. He has the traits that suits EtH style of football
which Elanga doesn't. Hope to see him on the scoresheet in the second half.

Red-17

The only mistakes he made in the first half were passing to Chong.
Every time that scenario occurred I was just telling myself "just imagine that is Jadon Sancho on the ball instead". Realistically we probably should have had 2-3 goals from the positions Chong got into.

Castia

Elanga out on loan with Garnacho with the first team for me.

Buchan

has whacked the hammer to Roswell
Big fan of this lad. He’s everything you want to see in a young United player: technically gifted, quick, confident, hard-working. Can’t wait to see how he develops but all the hallmarks of a first-teamer there for the foreseeable should he continue to work hard and listen to his coaches.

dubplate warrior

He was really impressive. I thought he might just be a kick and run merchant however his dribbling was much better than I expected and created space for everyone else by dragging other players out of position. The explosiveness that gets fans of seats is something we've missed for a long time.

Becks_VII

Outstanding talent, seems to have such a good head on his shoulders with his decision making and passing

Castia

Yeah lets loan out our only RW backup. Garnacho is only effective on the left.
Id be amazed if we didn’t add another attacking player. Fact is Elanga isn’t good enough at this moment and needs games to develop.

NoPace

Looked really special dribbling with the ball and worked hard. Thought his decision making wasn't great but he just turned 18 so that's normal. You can't teach what he has. Will be interesting to see him in a game where Sancho is on the right and we can park Garnacho on the touchline out left with space to take on the fullback.

VDG17

I think some people took his lack of time in early pre-season negatively but I always viewed it as Erik needing to see the other players and make decisions on their future's whereas with Garnacho its certain he will stay and develop around the first team.

He surprised me today with just how easy he got past the opposition defender, the step up looked like nothing to him. I'd say the last to do that was Rashford. The game did suit his style today though, lots of space in wide areas to run rather than the tighter areas where he's not yet as good. So as much as we should be excited we probably need to temper expectations a bit too.

NoPace

I think some people took his lack of time in early pre-season negatively but I always viewed it as Erik needing to see the other players and make decisions on their future's whereas with Garnacho its certain he will stay and develop around the first team.

He surprised me today with just how easy he got past the opposition defender, the step up looked like nothing to him. I'd say the last to do that was Rashford. The game did suit his style today though, lots of space in wide areas to run rather than the tighter areas where he's not yet as good. So as much as we should be excited we probably need to temper expectations a bit too.
Based off today he looks a tighter dribbler than even a younger Rashford. And quicker than the players who have the control with the ball while running that we've had, like Sancho. The first half he looked like he could burn the Vallecano RB every time he got the ball.

NoPace

Garnacho at least deserves to be on the bench against Brighton.
Seems knee jerk, but today (and his play last year the few games I saw) was enough for me to have him as our 3rd winger after Rashford and Sancho, with that really being 4th choice for the wide spots since Bruno can play wide with Eriksen as a 10.

None of the other wide players have been good enough for me to feel good about them. Maybe Amad if he'd played the entire tour on the right would have been, though. I'd like to see Elanga go on loan and see if he can turn into a bigger goal threat, though my guess is he'll stick around since he's alright defensively, hard working and does have the pace to get in behind. But he isn't the type of winger who gets involved coming short or infield in the game like the pseudo #10s do, and he's not the dribbler to take on fullbacks on the touchline either.

Red Dreams

Across the Universe....from Old Trafford.
Seems knee jerk, but today (and his play last year the few games I saw) was enough for me to have him as our 3rd winger after Rashford and Sancho, with that really being 4th choice for the wide spots since Bruno can play wide with Eriksen as a 10.

None of the other wide players have been good enough for me to feel good about them. Maybe Amad if he'd played the entire tour on the right would have been, though. I'd like to see Elanga go on loan and see if he can turn into a bigger goal threat, though my guess is he'll stick around since he's alright defensively, hard working and does have the pace to get in behind. But he isn't the type of winger who gets involved coming short or infield in the game like the pseudo #10s do, and he's not the dribbler to take on fullbacks on the touchline either.
He is a direct player. He can play across the front three.
I saw the same thing in Hanson when he came on in the last few minutes.
This lad will be the next Garnacho.

RedRonaldo

Wishes to be oppressed.
The only mistakes he made in the first half were passing to Chong.
He pass to Chong because no one mark Chong and he is in good position. He should have known Chong would feck it up anyway though.