Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain completes his transfer to Liverpool

Status
Not open for further replies.

Feed Me

I'm hungry
Poor injury record, below par end product - he'll be a good squad player, but nothing to be jealous about.

crazylegz

this is the type of player roy keane was talking about yesterday in regards to average players going for 36+ million

Classical Mechanic

this is the type of player roy keane was talking about yesterday in regards to average players going for 36+ million
He didn't really try to hide as he named the exact price that was being quoted for him.

1 year on contract and they are paying £40m for a player that averages 21.5 league games a season for Arsenal.

Paul_Scholes18

Insane sum for a very average player. Don't think he will improve Liverpool much at all. I guess he is a decent backup for them with European games. I think Lingard is a better player.

lewwoo

Not worried about this in the slightest. We got a far superior player in Matic for the same price and he improves us substantially while oxlade chamberlain will be a rotation option for them.

Shuriken

He had decent career and felt that now is the right time to end it. Respect.

Razwy

Oxlade-Chamberlain proving that once you've played for Southampton you will still end up at Liverpool somehow. There is no escape.
Carl from Twitter :lol:

Sensei

Supports
Dortmund
If JKlopp gets 70% of what he got from Kuba then it's a good signing fwiw

Infordin

Supports
Barcelona
Do you guys reckon that Klopp can improve him as much as Lallana?

Liver_bird

Supports
Liverpool
Didn't really improve him so much as play him in a position best suited to his skillset and alongside players to maximise his potential. He's made him fitter and more durable for sure but he was always a fantastic player.

Jaybomb

A nothing signing.

Chamberlain is bang average but I suppose he adds some "star power" to their bench.

Surely he won't be starting over Mane or Salah?

haram

Lallana was always a talented player. Ox has talent as well, should be a good signing. Lallana was going to eventually show his quality though.

Seij

Overpriced signing but I'm not sure where this Lingard comparison is coming from since I don't see Chelsea or Liverpool ever being interested in Lingard or any club making an offer higher than 10M. They're both English players and are same age. These managers and scouts are not idiots.

Fridge chutney

Wenger has one of the best records at top teams of developing youth in Europe. Even in the past 2 seasons he's brought through Bellerin, Holding and Iwobi.
That's not really true anymore though, is it?. He doesn't have that great a record anymore. And Rob Holding is a stretch. He bought Holding last year, and he is not a finished or even close to finished article. Not sure how that counts as bringing someone through.

iKnowNothing

I genuinely feel Ox traded regular playing time at RWB for Arsenal with intermittent CM/RM position/sub appearance for Pool.

Overpriced signing but I'm not sure where this Lingard comparison is coming from since I don't see Chelsea or Liverpool ever being interested in Lingard or any club making an offer higher than 10M. They're both English players and are same age. These managers and scouts are not idiots.

I guess a bit of circumstances/media drama plays a role in such transfers. If Lingard had not signed a new contract and was talking with the media/had "friends" in the media, then we might have seen a lot more when it came to Lingard renewing.

I'm not a huge Lingard fan - just wanted to state that he's on par with Ox or definitely not way off him.

Loke

Supports
Arsenal
£35 million plus £5 million in ads ons but it's still a lot based on his career so far.
Last i checked 35+5 is 40, if 47 is true then yous been mugged off. I hope it is.

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself
Lingard would fetch atleast 20m in normal circumstances. As you said the managers and scouts are not idiots and therefore our manager plays him in important matches.

Thunderhead

Supports
City
I think he'll do well there, he's a decent addition to their squad, people can go on about the cost but the value of this market has been crackers

dwd

Saturday Night Spies
I reckon he wanted to stay in London. How did Chelsea feck this up?
Nah I think he wanted Liverpool all along and turned down Chelsea when Liverpool came calling. He was a Pool fan as a kid apparently. Quite refreshing to see someone turn down a bigger offer to go elsewhere.

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.
£35m for him is absolutely crazy. He only had a year left on his deal and wanted to join Liverpool only anyway, paying that sort of money is ridiculous. He is not that good anyway, even with full length of contract left it would still be on the high side to pay £35m for him.

Redlyn

There also the English premium in play here. So whatever you feel he's worth factor in another 30%. Imo his fee is reasonable in this market.

So he doesn't want to be a starting rwb at chelsea so goes to be a sub at pool.

MAME DIOUF 32

Arsenal have robbed them there. Hopefully Liverpool waste all their Coutinho money on media myth players.

Status
Not open for further replies.