Alex Sandro

CG1010

If we go into next season with Young and Valencia as our starting full backs we would be making things very easy for City to retain their title.
This! Can't believe we seem to have changed our priorities to CB.

sunama

Baghdad Bob
Varane was younger when Mourinho brought him to Madrid and he played a fair few games his first season. I mean look what Varane had to say about Mourinho (the article is from the Star, but it's the quotes that matter):
https://www.dailystar.co.uk/sport/f...ael-Varane-Jose-Mourinho-took-gamble-Man-City
I hear what you are saying.
But was Varane up against the Real Madrid Captain?
In any case,we shall need to wait and see who was right/wrong about this, but I just can't see a teenager getting much (if any) game time, in first team games.

Here are the stats for Dalot. He played 6 matches in the Portugest league. The EPL is several levels above the Portuguese league.

Anyway...back on top. Alex Sandro. Is he staying at Juve?

Deleted member 101472

Ronaldo rocking up at your club is a big reason to stay. If anyone can push them all the way in the CL it’s him and I wouldn’t blame Sandro for wanting to be part of that.

United Pro

I hear what you are saying.
But was Varane up against the Real Madrid Captain?
In any case,we shall need to wait and see who was right/wrong about this, but I just can't see a teenager getting much (if any) game time, in first team games.

Here are the stats for Dalot. He played 6 matches in the Portugest league. The EPL is several levels above the Portuguese league.

Anyway...back on top. Alex Sandro. Is he staying at Juve?
Valencia will be 33 in a few weeks. Even last season there were parts where we needed to rest him, but Darmian was just not a good enough back up. I think Dalot will get a reasonable amount of game time next season. But, I guess we'll have to wait and see.

Cliche Guevara

To better Young and Mata at LB and RW is nothing like being the next Ronaldo. I guess you prefer Darmian and Blind to Fosu-Mensah and Tuanzebe as well?
It doesn’t have to be one of those or the other. What a dreadful argument.

Although, yes, I do. Two internationals as opposed to an Aston Villa loanee and third choice Crystal Palace right-back.

Seven Seas Sardines

Mitchell isn't better than Young.
At least he's left-footed, quick and gives width. I'd prefer him to challenge Shaw if we can't get someone like Sandro. Can't take much more of Young's routine cut-backs, just like I hope I'll see more of Dalot than Valencia with his trademarked shin rockets. Dalot can also play left-back, which is probably something Mourinho liked about him. I really doubt we'll get a big left-back signing, although I want one just like most of us.

If we don't get another defensive signing, we'd have tons of options. Still hoping for PL loans for Tuanzebe and TFM though.

Shaw Smalling Bailly Dalot
(Dalot) Rojo Lindelöf Valencia
Mitchell Tuanzebe Jones TFM​

Last edited:

Nick7

At least he's left-footed, quick and gives width. I'd prefer him to challenge Shaw if we can't get someone like Sandro. Can't take much more of Young's routine cut-backs, just like I hope I'll see more of Dalot than Valencia with his trademarked shin rockets.
But he's not as good as Young. We shouldn't be playing worse players just because.

Seven Seas Sardines

But he's not as good as Young. We shouldn't be playing worse players just because.
He's 21 and can only improve. I'd rather take the chance if he has a spectacular pre-season. He has the potential, getting a few MOTM for Hearts.

Won't happen with Mourinho in charge though. Young will play 50 games next season, and we probably won't get rid for another three years.

Nick7

He's 21 and can only improve. I'd rather take the chance if he has a spectacular pre-season. He has the potential, getting a few MOTM for Hearts.

Won't happen with Mourinho in charge though. Young will play 50 games next season, and we probably won't get rid for another three years.
He has potential, sure. He is not good enough to be a starter at Manchester United though. He's simply not as good as Young right now.

Bolal7700

And that’s the sort of attitude why it’s unfair for them to be put under pressure and relied on too quickly.
Demi is almost 22. If he doesn’t get a chance this season he will likely leave.

CG1010

It doesn't matter really who we upgrade. We kust don't seem to get the best out of our attacking players.
Doesn't mean we don't try! We will get more out of Lukaku et al, if we had a better midfield and defence to support them. Plus our system allows genuine width through the LB and RB. Having ones which can run with the ball and cross would be a great boost to our attack.

Greek9

Supports
Panathinaikos
I don't see the hype in this player is he supposed to be balanced in everything?

Seven Seas Sardines

Are you trolling?
Just trying to see the light at the end of the tunnel, trying to find a way to get excited without more signings. Getting rid of Blind, Darmian, Mata, Young, Fellaini, and Jones would be great even if we don't have replacements. I'd rather see Tuanzebe, TFM, Gomes, Chong, Mitchell and Pereira get their minutes.

ravi2

Just trying to see the light at the end of the tunnel, trying to find a way to get excited without more signings. Getting rid of Blind, Darmian, Mata, Young, Fellaini, and Jones would be great even if we don't have replacements. I'd rather see Tuanzebe, TFM, Gomes, Chong, Mitchell and Pereira get their minutes.
Sure lets concede another title to City, whatevs

United Pro

Paris United (who've apprently still got close ties with PSG) is saying that PSG have agreed personal terms with Sandro and are negotiating with Juventus to agree on a fee:

Ødegaard

formerly MrEriksen
Scout
You know, the light at the end of the tunnel isn't supposed to be a train coming to wreck you, at least it's not what you should be hoping for. :p

Nick7

Paris United (who've apprently still got close ties with PSG) is saying that PSG have agreed personal terms with Sandro and are negotiating with Juventus to agree on a fee:
Paris United know nothing.

PoTMS

If Alex Sandro goes to PSG and we sit by and idly watch, there better be a fecking good reason and his name better not be Ashley Young.

davidmichael

See I never believe stories where “personal terms have been agreed” before a transfer fee or permission to speak to a player has seeing as the club interested in the player would be in a world of trouble over an illegal approach.

That said though I wouldn’t be surprised if this did happen and we end up with Young and Shaw for another season after yet again wasting time pursuing players we don’t need (centre backs) or positions we’re fully stocked in (left wing) instead of what we actually do need (world class left back and world class right forward).