Alex Scott to replace Sue Barker as host of BBC's 'Question of Sport'

Wayne's World

Didn't even know Question of Sport was even still going.

Literally don't think I have seen it on the television for 3+ years

One of the best pundits out there. Puts most blokes to shame to just regurgitate cliches and outdated ideas (Paul Ince, I’m looking at you).

I think she will be great.

hobbers

She's far too attractive and good at punditry for that shitty job.

Deery

Dreary
I like the picture board round and home or away...

I tell you one thing it’s miles better than that “A league of their own”. Bullshit..

starman

I am surprised its still going, its one of the first programmes I would expect to cut if the BBC were undertaking cost cutting measures, but I guess its cheap to make and must still attract viewers....

I don't watch question of sport, haven't since I was a kid, but Alex Scott is slowly becoming a female version of James Corden, just fecking everywhere

diarm

I am surprised its still going, its one of the first programmes I would expect to cut if the BBC were undertaking cost cutting measures, but I guess its cheap to make and must still attract viewers....
QoS is great and costs probably around 27p per episode to make. There are far better ways to cut costs.

Chairman Steve

I tell you one thing it’s miles better than that “A league of their own”. Bullshit..
Ah yes, the show that’s essentially They Think It’s All Over if it was run by LADBible.

Id just turn QoS into a public quiz show about sport and ditch the guest athlete aspect.

TwoSheds

More sheds (and tiles) than you, probably
I might start watching this again. She is a very knowledgeable pundit and :drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool:

NinjaFletch

I'm surprised by the number of Sue Barker alt accounts that are posting on redcafe, surely nobody else has found that show entertaining since at least the nineties.

Last edited:

RashyForPM

That's the UK for you. Always been this way. Not sure what it is like in other European nations.
Just ridiculous. Maybe BBC thinks Scott will be better than Barker at the job? Many people don’t think about these things first when instantly crying about whites or blacks taking preference.

sammsky1

Pochettino's #1 fan
:houllier:
Why do people make such broad statements like this by brandishing a entire country as racist based off a few tweets.
Because it’s true? And I never said whole country. I said you always get this reaction in the UK.

Offside

Euro 2016 sweepstake winner
Why do all these old whoppers on Twitter . think that a space goes before and after a full stop or comma and , love inserting them in random places .

Deery

Dreary
Why do all these old whoppers on Twitter . think that a space goes before and after a full stop or comma and , love inserting them in random places .
There was a guy Andy Duferse used to write like that all the time in the newbie’s... Strange bloke.

bsCallout

Get in!

I'm usually anti-quota ticking.

She is a fantastic pundit, one of the few women I like listening to on sport shows, Sue happened to be another actually. Don't worry I hate plenty of the blokes too.

Clearly qualified for the role and seems good fun, she should suit the position perfectly.

Glad it's pissed off a bunch of nationalists too.

bsCallout

I'm surprised by the number of Sue Barker alt accounts that are posting on redcafe, surely nobody else has found that show entertaining since at least the nineties.
I'm only 26 and love it haha. Always a treat when it happens to come on when i've flicked on the box for a bit. Two of the best things in one - A Quiz & Sport.

lsd

The Oracle
I read an interview with Jeff Stelling about how no female pundit would take the soccer Saturday gig on sky after the recent changes because of the abuse they would get online . No doubt Alex was offered a spot and rightly so as she would deserve it

It is clearly not just a few racists and trolls out there and whether you blame Brexit Trump or whatever it seems to be getting worse .

Snow

Somewhere down the lane, a licky boom boom down
I do get why some people take issue with this from the point of Sue Barker getting sacked. It's big problem for older people to lose their job because they are way less likely to get hired somewhere else.

As I'm not posting this on Twitter I'm also not jumping to conclusions. Was the show continually not performing in the ratings? Did she shit in someone's handbag? Was it purely a business decision? Did she get a new boss? I work in TV and there are not many reasons needed for an on-air talent to get the sack. In my experience the most common one is the last one, a new boss takes charge and want to put their stamp on things.

pacifictheme

Sue was good on it is she being forced out or just retiring?

Scott’s a good pundit but she’s got big shoes to fill
Her and the team captains have been moved on. It's a revamp of the whole show.

Deery

Dreary
I read an interview with Jeff Stelling about how no female pundit would take the soccer Saturday gig on sky after the recent changes because of the abuse they would get online . No doubt Alex was offered a spot and rightly so as she would deserve it

It is clearly not just a few racists and trolls out there and whether you blame Brexit Trump or whatever it seems to be getting worse .
There is a female on Soccor Saturday, ex pro with short spikey hair can’t remember her name.

edit: Sue Smith is her name

Last edited:

Shane88

Actually Nostradamus
Those saying she's an amazing, knowledgeable pundit are such bullshitters :lol:.

She does nothing different. Same "He'll be disappointed with that/Good time to score/I've seen them given" clichés as every other pundit around.

bsCallout

Those saying she's an amazing, knowledgeable pundit are such bullshitters :lol:.

She does nothing different. Same "He'll be disappointed with that/Good time to score/I've seen them given" clichés as every other pundit around.
I think she's fantastic. Charismatic but perhaps not as analytical as some. Most aren't very analytical though.

This role will suit her to a T.

Do you have a British or St Georges flag in your twitter pic?

Deery

Dreary

Naw, she’s pretty good made Ashley Cole look like a right muppet last time she was on Sky..

starman

Maybe Sue Barker should present it again, she is the OG after all....