Alex Telles - SIGNED for United

Status
Not open for further replies.

jesperjaap

My question also. How does everyone else know who we're in for but won't say?
3rd name.....will be Nuno Mendes. Think any of the three would be decent signings. For me Reguilon leaving alone is a good thing with that clause, think people going nuts over him from Europa league when he is a decent not great left back. Think Telles can come straight in and offer something going forward, not convinced 100% with him defensively from the little I have seen but for a fee of around £20m a real bargain in my opinion. Speaking of seeing little of.....

See Mendes once but that was enough to convince me he is a world class full back in the making. Reminded me of Evra, right age to develop yet talented enough to come straight in if SHaw is injured. Looks excellent going forward, but reading reports be the most expensive....but if we are making just a left back and wing signing as reported....should be Mendes we go for....Personally with Dalot still here, Laird another option and WIlliams.....all of them able to play left back if not ideal fits....I really dont see why with all the holes we do have that left back is one of three priorities this summer? Unless Mengi or Tuanzabe are ready, not signing a centre back is a huge mistake in my opinion as is not going for a top class young defensive midfielder of which there are a few about....would priorities both of those positions over a new left back myself hugely

Toad

Ornstein commenting on this means it likely has legs, just waiting for Stone, Ducker and Peach now. When they got involved on Donny we were "monitoring" as well and 24 hours later it was all agreed.
I’m just waiting for Nurse to jump in after the window closes. Then I will believe it.

Irrational.

From my analysis of his YouTube videos, he seems quite similar to Dalot: great offensively, strong in the tackle, suspect positionally. Which reminds me: why is he not getting a chance?

Andre Kagawa

This guy is seriously good. Absolute steal if the rumoured price is correct.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
From my analysis of his YouTube videos, he seems quite similar to Dalot: great offensively, strong in the tackle, suspect positionally. Which reminds me: why is he not getting a chance?
Reported from I think Talk of the Devils podcast that Dalot has been given feedback from Ole that he's not playing with enough conviction or aggressiveness.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
I've watched a few highlight videos and I'm actually not convinced about him :nervous:

Cloud7

Seems like he's a LB who's strongest point is going forward. That would add a lot to our attack, especially considering that whoever we play at LW will want to be cutting inside, and Shaw's attacking contribution overall leaves me underwhelmed. He gets the ball up the field well enough but he doesn't do enough with it in the final third for me. Seems like Telles gets more done, which is good. Added to that, he's at a good age to come into the team and give us what we need now. Not every signing needs to be one to serve us for a decade. A few years of something we need right now is good enough. I'm all for this.

Irrational.

Reported from I think Talk of the Devils podcast that Dalot has been given feedback from Ole that he's not playing with enough conviction or aggressiveness.
Interesting. It baffles me how he came to us with a reputation for being one of the most promising full backs in Europe (and I thought he was giving us some decent performances) only for him to be frozen out.

Zoo

'No deal agreed but looking positive' exactly the same thing we said about the breakthrough with Sancho agents, Ed must have got a new phrase that he rolls out in the briefs.
Jason Burt has links with PSG so like Bouhafsi this is where he has probably got his info from. It seems that PSG are considering a new LB and have discovered that United are moving ahead when it comes to Telles.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
Like with the VdB deal, the monitoring the situation means that if another club comes in and gazumps us, then we can say we were only monitoring the situation and never made a offer for the player.

Siorac

He was born on the exact same day as Lingard (1992-12-15). Bad omen.

KristianMackle

Our history with transfers has turned the management team into data freaks when it comes to new transfers. They coarse through a lot of data about potential targets and just forget the eye test; what they can actually see on the pitch.

This means, making the decision to sign a target becomes arduous and unnecessarily complex. Alex Telles is a no brainer and affordable but we're just not sure whether to act because someone is probably looking through his defensive stats and is unsure.

Now the plus side is, every player we purchase will fit in like a glove. On the other hand, we'll take weeks and months from discovery to actually signing.

Last edited:

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
By bigger sides you mean anybody not in the relegation places i'd have to agree.
I mean top 4 but interesting your concern extends to other sides.

Have you seen him? Personally I don't see the point of he's not defensively sound (which is an apparent weakness of his). But if Ole plans to do 3 at the back for certain games then sure Telles may be a good shout.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Happy with this. We needed a left back, if not reguillon then telles or tagliafico were the obvious guesses.

Inigo Montoya

Leave Wayne Rooney alone!!
Yes, same tenacity and workrate. But even more offensive, for good and bad. I think what really sells him is that he could also cover at RW.
Looking at his running, he'll free up Rashford a bit more as Shaw is a much safer bet defending wise but lacks that progression when we want to break down teams who tend to sit back. It should allow Williams to play RB to cover AWB, and not have to cut back onto his right

Zlatattack

I really hope we get him. He's a real attacking fullback, gets great numbers in Portugal and isn't shabby in the CL either. Should have signed him years ago.

carpy

Puff the magic dragon
To memory I've never seen him play but I've decided he's exactly like peak Leighton Baines.

Status
Not open for further replies.