Alex Telles - SIGNED for United

Status
Not open for further replies.

AshRK

Yea let's just ignore the fact that we are always amongst the top spenders in the world for the past 7 years or so.
Yes and we should not buy anyone because of that. Its funny how you are quick to bash ole but start defending glazers and their puppets quickly. No wonder why glazer apologists are the worst.

dove

Yes and we should not buy anyone because of that. Its funny how you are quick to bash ole but start defending glazers and their puppets quickly. No wonder why glazer apologists are the worst.
Where did I say we should buy no one?

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
Defending our spending doesn't make us a glazer apologist.

I think we've spent a truck load of cash, and I also think the Glazers have fecked up. They could have got a DoF and spent half with better results.

But holding firm on this deal when the player wants out, the club can't afford to keep him, and he's in his final year of contract? That makes complete sense to me. It's bone headed to just stump up 18m asking price off the bat.

Andersons Dietician

Pay 18mil for someone you could get to agree to join for free in 3 months? When we have two able players in the position already? Could just try again in January and probably get him for buttons. Rather get a CB a DM and a RW because this signing just feels like an opportunistic one and not something we actually planned.

If he comes brilliant, be intrigued to see how often Maguire is going to get absolutely rinsed or if Ole is going to be able to turn Pogba and Bruno in to possesion based players Or if he’ll curb the attacking instincts of him a little to help protect Maguire.

Heck maybe we’ll go 343 or most likely 352 but if that happened Sancho?

AshRK

Where did I say we should buy no one?
And how is it relevant that we have spent huge money when we are having a horrific transfer window. By just saying we are just top spenders in last 7 years you are just justifying glazers and their puppets. No one is asking them to spend insane amount and it's not just about the money but the way we do our transfer business. We bought Bruno at the end of january when any ambitious club would not have waited to be behind 15 points off top 4 to buy a player. We have been doing that for past 7 years. We just react and spend money without any planning. We have been after a lb for 6 weeks and it's not like we are signing a prime roberto carlos. Either get it done or move on. We are the desperate side not dortmund or porto so this whole planning of let us wait and save 3million looks stupid from football point of view.

AshRK

Defending our spending doesn't make us a glazer apologist.

I think we've spent a truck load of cash, and I also think the Glazers have fecked up. They could have got a DoF and spent half with better results.

But holding firm on this deal when the player wants out, the club can't afford to keep him, and he's in his final year of contract? That makes complete sense to me. It's bone headed to just stump up 18m asking price off the bat.
I don't think people are solely frustrate with the board for lack of spending but the way we do our transfer business too. The way we do our transfer business it looks amateurish. Who is stopping Glazers from hiring DoF, who is stopping them from spending smartly and completing majority of signing before the seasons starts. It's not one off, it's been ongoing for last 7 years since Woodward is on board.

And the way people defend glazers but they have spent huge money on players, well they have also taken millions from the club. How on the moral ground are we defending them is beyond me. It's like I steal $1000 from you and give $100 back but hey ho I am a great guy.

HowYouDoin

I hate the argument 'like a new signing' but I do see Brandon Williams at RB as a new signing if we do get Telles.
Not only should he do a lot better and be a lot more confident and comfortable on the right, he is also better than AWB to me.

So thats another reason to get Telles, its a signing that really adds to our depth.
Not only do we get one of the best left backs in the world which he is, we can also play Luke Shaw as LCB and we also get to move Brandon Williams to right back where he is our best player so we add depth there.

This move actually does a lot for us.

dove

And how is it relevant that we have spent huge money when we are having a horrific transfer window. By just saying we are just top spenders in last 7 years you are just justifying glazers and their puppets. No one is asking them to spend insane amount and it's not just about the money but the way we do our transfer business. We bought Bruno at the end of january when any ambitious club would not have waited to be behind 15 points off top 4 to buy a player. We have been doing that for past 7 years. We just react and spend money without any planning. We have been after a lb for 6 weeks and it's not like we are signing a prime roberto carlos. Either get it done or move on. We are the desperate side not dortmund or porto so this whole planning of let us wait and save 3million looks stupid from football point of view.
Because the post you made earlier is a complete nonsense which I replied to. Based on our recent history, we will definitely sign more players until the window closes.

There's a common theme of us during transfer negotiations, with Sancho, Reguillion and now Telles, that apparently we dont want to pay too much and avoid getting "fleeced".

What will happen as a result? We will end up not signing anyone. And our supporters are defending this thinking "wow we are taking such a great business stand", not realizing this is just a spin trying to justify not spending any money on the club and the squad. Wake the feck up.
You are looking at things purely from a supporter point of view which is basically "We should get a player X no matter the cost. Just pay whatever the seller asks and get done with it". We kind of tried that approach before and it backfired spectacularly which resulted in us having a squad filled with massively overpriced and mostly mediocre players. Do you think it's the way to go and is sustainable in the long run? Telles is not worth what Porto asks, Real Madrid asked for buy back clauses in Reguillon deal which we rightly rejected and Sancho is probably not worth £108m either. Stop being so reactive and use your head for a bit.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
I don't think people are solely frustrate with the board for lack of spending but the way we do our transfer business too. The way we do our transfer business it looks amateurish. Who is stopping Glazers from hiring DoF, who is stopping them from spending smartly and completing majority of signing before the seasons starts. It's not one off, it's been ongoing for last 7 years since Woodward is on board.

And the way people defend glazers but they have spent huge money on players, well they have also taken millions from the club. How on the moral ground are we defending them is beyond me. It's like I steal $1000 from you and give $100 back but hey ho I am a great guy.
Honestly what is so ameturish about our stance on Telles? You clearly take issue with it on the thread.

AshRK

Because the post you made earlier is a complete nonsense which I replied to. Based on our recent history, we will definitely sign more players until the window closes.

You are looking at things purely from a supporter point of view which is basically "We should get a player X no matter the cost. Just pay whatever the seller asks and get done with it". We kind of tried that approach before and it backfired spectacularly which resulted in us having a squad filled with massively overpriced and mostly mediocre players. Do you think it's the way to go and is sustainable in the long run? Telles is not worth what Porto asks, Real Madrid asked for buy back clauses in Reguillon deal which we rightly rejected and Sancho is probably not worth £108m either. Stop being so reactive and use your head for a bit.
Nonsense is what you sprout for Ole but are defending Glazers and the way we do our transfers. You look Manchester United as a business but for fans it is a football club which is not being run properly. I bet guys like you will want managers sacked every year to defend glazers.

dove

Nonsense is what you sprout for Ole but are defending Glazers and the way we do our transfers. You look Manchester United as a business but for fans it is a football club which is not being run properly. I bet guys like you will want managers sacked every year to defend glazers.
Feck Glazers but I think you are completely blinded by the hate towards them and can't see clear.

AshRK

Honestly what is so ameturish about our stance on Telles? You clearly take issue with it on the thread.
Tell me, are you happy with the way we have conducted our transfer this season, irrespective if what happens in the remaining 5 days or whatsoever is left.

AshRK

Feck Glazers but I think you are completely blinded by the hate towards them and can't see clear.
SO you are telling we are being run properly and have done good transfer business this summer?

dove

SO you are telling we are being run properly and have done good transfer business this summer?
Never said that. We are not being run properly and we have not done good transfer business (so far). But I find the bashing of the club because we refuse to pay more for certain players than they are worth as a bit stupid.

DJ_21

Evens winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
Pay 18mil for someone you could get to agree to join for free in 3 months? When we have two able players in the position already? Could just try again in January and probably get him for buttons. Rather get a CB a DM and a RW because this signing just feels like an opportunistic one and not something we actually planned.

If he comes brilliant, be intrigued to see how often Maguire is going to get absolutely rinsed or if Ole is going to be able to turn Pogba and Bruno in to possesion based players Or if he’ll curb the attacking instincts of him a little to help protect Maguire.

Heck maybe we’ll go 343 or most likely 352 but if that happened Sancho?
Sancho is actually use to playing in a 3-4-1-4 / 3-5-2 he plays upfront in that system for Dortmund.

Tiber

When you see that we take weeks to agree a fee for a budget priced LB Porto are keen to sell, its not hard to understand why we still haven't got round to making a bid for Sancho yet.

It would be fine dragging out a deal like Telles at the start of the summer, we the season has started, now is not the time to spend weeks haggling over squad players.

Shiva87

The club are confident we will sign xx, but blah blah

If I was a journalist, United would be the easiest to prepare 'fake news' on. Same story every deal.

I was hoping Ole has changed this last summer, with the right type of signings made in decent time. Now, we seemed to have reverted to type.

So disappointing. I remember posting in the end of season thread that it's now over to the board to show some ambition. Clearly, we have none.

Roman is much more ambitious, and I won't be surprised if he brings in another coach of Frank can't get them challenging for the title this season.

Our board has done nothing to say to Ole that we've backed you this summer. Title challenge, or you are out.

That's what this season should have been after the last one if fans are expected to trust the 'rebuild' process. Otherwise, we will always remain in transition.

prateik

Haven't they seen Fabrizio's tweet? We have a mystery backup lined up.. Porto should be happy we are offering them anything.
Don Woody will move on to plan F if they don't want to play ball.

dinostar77

Porto must know they have the weakest hand in this poker game. €20mil and €10mil in addons? they must be bluffing. He can sign a pre contract on jan 1st and go for nothing in July. Utd are right to try to drive down this transfer fee.

Offside

Euro 2016 sweepstake winner
This will happen unless someone else comes in. City are in for a LB...

lilcurt

So you're happy for clubs to fleece us so long as it fixes some hypothetical immediate issue?
How is £15mil fleecing us. He would be a £40mil LB with more years on his contract!

It would seems other premier League clubs would tend to agree with me as they haven't had such problems getting business done.

croadyman

We need to meet in the middle of €12m and €18m just to get this done pronto

soralapio

How is £15mil fleecing us. He would be a £40mil LB with more years on his contract!

It would seems other premier League clubs would tend to agree with me as they haven't had such problems getting business done.
Yeah. Just this January Christian Eriksen moved to Inter for 25 million euros, despite also being in the last 6 months of his contract. If United want Telles now, they'll have to pay. If not, they can wait six months and battle it out with the rest of the clubs looking to sign him on a free.

lilcurt

Yeah. Just this January Christian Eriksen moved to Inter for 25 million euros, despite also being in the last 6 months of his contract. If United want Telles now, they'll have to pay. If not, they can wait six months and battle it out with the rest of the clubs looking to sign him on a free.
You know why Inter paid that, because they are a club who wanted to push on and win things.

We are a business run by bank managers to deliver high dividends. Success is seen as a secondary byproduct that isn't strictly necessary.

Marcus

I would be ok with this. We are just a Shaw injury to having basically no left footed LB. Even if it's for 3 months, that could break us.

starman

This is Castle and Porto have never come out with these demands themselves so will take everything with a pitch of salt, but if it is true part of me wish we don't sign him at all and manage to get someone else, the guy is going to be free next year, and his price dramatically dropped in 3 months, so to make all these demands with one year left in this climate will be pretty outlandish

cyberman

25m euros was also a fraction of what he was worth

Status
Not open for further replies.