Alex Telles - SIGNED for United

Status
Not open for further replies.

Castia

That's a fine offer for a backup LB who we can sign for free in January. Feck Porto, Free Telles.
He can sign but won’t come until next season. He’s one of Porto’s best players they probably don’t give 2 shits about 15m they’d rather keep him for the season and hope they can get him tied down to a new deal.

If this was Shaw’s last season and someone offered 15m we’d tell them to feck off as well.

Class of 63

Sourness
Going through the Desert on a Horse with no Name
He can sign but won’t come until next season. He’s one of Porto’s best players they probably don’t give 2 shits about 15m they’d rather keep him for the season and hope they can get him tied down to a new deal.

If this was Shaw’s last season and someone offered 15m we’d tell them to feck off as well.
If somebody offered us £15m for Luke Shaw we'd bite their hands off.

Red4Life_#7

Lets stop being held to ransom. Sign the agreement with him in Jan. Add the savings to the summer fund, which we really need to take advantage of.

Acole9

Outstanding
We need him now, signing him on a pre contract in January isn't much use.

Aretak

What is desperate? Trying to find a best deal so that club can save money ?

There is nothing as " real football club". All clubs does that. As you said, there are so many other things you can be pissed at Woodward but this is not one of them. He is right here.
I'm sure if the club misses out on the Champions League next season or fails to get anywhere near a major trophy again this season, the five extra million he didn't spend on a top class full back will be more-than-adequate compensation. It's back to the old "no value in the market" excuse for another botched transfer window where the club spectacularly fails to secure any of its top targets and leaves the squad half-baked for another year. But I guess expectations have been lowered enough over the past decade that what's one more year of "rebuilding" anyway? People are already writing off this season and talking about next summer, when surely Red Ed will bring in Sancho and Telles and Messi and the ghost of Bobby Moore. Can kicked, mission accomplished.

prateik

Wait.. they wanted 25m, then 20m, then 15m.. we wanted to offer 10.. then we bid over 15m and now they want 22m..

It's almost like they are making it up.

That said.. if Porto are holding out for 20m+, then I have no issues with us walking away.

We have the mystery LB backup option only Fabrizio knows about.. the club can contact Romano and ask him who that player is and try for him.

Santoryo

ripping the reward
Wait.. they wanted 25m, then 20m, then 15m.. we wanted to offer 10.. then we bid over 15m and now they want 22m..

That said.. if Porto are holding out for 20m+, then I have no issues with us walking away.

We have the mystery LB backup option only Fabrizio knows about.. the club can contact Romano and ask him who that player is and try for him.
:lol:

Also agree that these journos don't know much and are just winging it as they go. Luckily for them they can always rely and prey upon fans credulity to pump more fake stories and guess works.

Santoryo

ripping the reward
Worst post of the day so far, congrats.
Not even close. Someone today posted a thread asking people if they should celebrate Cavani's goals if he's with us because it would represent Woodward and the Glazers :lol:

Santoryo

ripping the reward
Good thing about tomorrow is that it's the final day of the transfer window, so won't have to keep reading all these papers, journos throwing wild guesses and bs while trying to pass them as facts all over the internet.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
Not even close. Someone today posted a thread asking people if they should celebrate Cavani's goals if he's with us because it would represent Woodward and the Glazers :lol:
Seriously? :lol:

Giggsy13

I just think no one really knows. I’m sure Porto could consider something close to £20 million

SinNombre

I just think no one really knows. I’m sure Porto could consider something close to £20 million
I'm sure they would.

Getting the same money for Telles as fecking Thiago.

No need to pay up here to appease our muppetbase.

SinNombre

If they rejected that leave it. It’s a painful cycle that doesn’t help when the whole of the football world have generated this opinion we are mugs. I cannot lie we as fans don’t help.
The fans definitely are partly to blame.

Smores

In comparison to other areas it wouldn't be a disaster to miss out on this lad. We've plenty there to make do and it's hardly a sought after player.

Giggsy13

I'm sure they would.

Getting the same money for Telles as fecking Thiago.

No need to pay up here to appease our muppetbase.
Porto are being ridiculous to be fair. Apparently they want to use the Telles fee to fund more signings. Well too fecking bad your most valuable asset only has a year left on his deal! I think Telles ends up staying and we sign him up in January.

Santoryo

ripping the reward
The fans definitely are partly to blame.
I mean when you see fans all over twitter crying and screaming how we should have just bent over for Real Madrid and accept that Buy back clause for Reguilon, instead of understanding the club's stance and actually applaud it in that particular case. What do you expect? Everything we now do, be it good or bad is perceived negatively by our fanbase and they quickly run to twitter and cry about it together with rival fans who fuel it because they are having a great time with our fans self loathing and pitying to their amusement.

Pav1878

I mean when you see fans all over twitter crying and screaming how we should have bent over for real Madrid and accept that Buy back clause for Reguilon, instead of understanding the club's stance and actually applaud it in that particular instead, what do you expect. Everything we do now do, be it good or bad is perceived negatively by our fanbase and they quickly run to twitter and cry about it together with rival fans who fuel it because they are having a great time with our fans self loathing and pitying to their amusement.
TBF Evey club has an element of fans that are like that. But the whole shitshow is down to the mismanagement of the club's footballing affairs by the board.

The buck stops with them does it not?

You can have a go at fans all you like but the fact remains the fans aren't the ones who made all the crap decisions since fergie left.

Schmeichel's Cartwheel

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Many seem to believe that Shaw's undroppable when fit which I don't think even the manager believes that given our chase for another LB this window
He’s clearly not undroppable. He was dropped when fit for rookie Williams last season. Telles would most likely end up first choice if he came. He’s not as good as Shaw defensively but he’s much better going forward. We already have 1 defensive FB in Wan Bissaka, so we can afford to have an attacking one.

Class of 63

Sourness
Going through the Desert on a Horse with no Name
don’t be ridiculous. He’s a good full back. Clearly he’s nowhere near as good as we hoped he would become, but he’s still a good PL player.
Don't think we'd get much more, Chris Smalling is a better than good PL player yet we are struggling to get £15m for him.
Worst post of the day so far, congrats.
Didn't realise Newbies were limited to how many posts they could read as well as post, thanks any way

Santoryo

ripping the reward
TBF Evey club has an element of fans that are like that. But the whole shitshow is down to the mismanagement of the club's footballing affairs by the board.

You can have a go at fans all you like but the fact remains the fans aren't the ones who made all the crap decisions since fergie left.
We can argue(or just agree about the board incompetence all day long). That's a completely different matter altogether to fans embarrassing themselves on social media though, and I think it should be pointed out. While the board have seemingly so far let us down, the fans on their own have been and utter embarrassment during this entire window. Easily being used and baited by bs journos out there and rival fans who get a great deal of amusement seeing our fans act the pathetic way they've acted on social media.

wattsy7

Could not be less arsed if this signing goes through or not, he’s massively over rated.

SinNombre

As @Santoryo said, the muppetbase has been a consistent embarrassment since Fergie left.

Even when the management is done correctly (as has been Reguilon, Bale and Telles), there is constant whining and self-loathing from the muppets.

The toxic environment around the club is largely a result of that.

Pav1878

We can argue(or just agree about the board incompetence all day long). That's a completely different matter altogether to fans embarrassing themselves on social media though, and I think it should be pointed out. While the board have seemingly so far let us down, the fans on their own have been and utter embarrassment during this entire window. Easily being used and baited by bs journos out there and rival fans who get a great deal of amusement seeing our fans act the pathetic way they've acted on social media.
I don't disagree with that, but what are the fans supposed to do? I'm not one of those fans and I'm not on twitter, but I actually think the more exposure the board's incompetence gets, the better, be it from a transfer muppet fan, or from a respected journalist. We need to call out the mismanagement of the club otherwise we are complicit in it.

Joseunited

Can we change the title to "Talksport say done dealio ".They're a bunch of muppets but I'm prepared to believe them just this once.

Pav1878

As @Santoryo said, the muppetbase has been a consistent embarrassment since Fergie left.

Even when the management is done correctly (as has been Reguilon, Bale and Telles), there is constant whining and self-loathing from the muppets.

The toxic environment around the club is largely a result of that.
Again I don't necessarily disagree, but the toxicity originates from several seasons of mediocrity, caused by stupid decisions, starting with the hiring of Moyes and the Fellaini release clause debacle to this season's window where we have had months to do our deals, but are still scratching around to get it done.

Zoo

Sky Sports Germany saying it’s done.

Status
Not open for further replies.