Alex Telles - SIGNED for United

Status
Not open for further replies.

King Eric 7

Wasn't it someone from Spain who last night said he'd played his last game for Porto?

elmo

Can never have too many Eevees
The entire success of our window doesn’t resolve on Sancho alone (and I’m one of the top muppets in that thread!)

DVB Telles Cavani and an Latin wonderkid is all good.
I reckon us getting Persic in on loan as well would make us much more prepared for the hectic season. Not too sure Mason can handle that many games and James looks like he's absolutely out of confidence and should only come on as a sub to take on tired legs to get his confidence back.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
He’s a good ‘attacking fullback’ in the sense that he has excellent technique and thus, end product. But I don’t think he’s a great attacking fullback in free play, I much prefer Reguilon in that sense. Telles to me is like if Beckham was a fullback. He’d be a great attacking fullback in that he is a great crosser etc, but he won’t be the type of great attacking fullback that Giggs would be if he were a fullback, which is closer to what Reguilon is.

FreakyJim

90% of teams play better football than us
If he's 15mil then great. Maybe we'll get some of it back in a few years when we try to get rid of him.

Santoryo

ripping the reward
“Trust the process”
Don't know what's up with the sarcastic tone but that tweet actually vendicates the club's approach in this specific transfer. We got him for 15 millions with adds on instead of 22 millions.

OverratedOpinion

Telles, VDB and Cavani with a good right winger will be okay.

As good a player as VDB is I still think we needed a quality holding player rather than him and we also need a centre back but our squad has definitely been improved.

Santoryo

ripping the reward
Stupid Ed. If only he listened to our geniuses fans we would have signed him a week earlier for €25m.
Nah we should have splashed that 30m they initially asked for in August. :lol:

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
He’s a good ‘attacking fullback’ in the sense that he has excellent technique and thus, end product. But I don’t think he’s a great attacking fullback in free play, I much prefer Reguilon in that sense. Telles to me is like if Beckham was a fullback. He’d be a great attacking fullback in that he is a great crosser etc, but he won’t be the type of great attacking fullback that Giggs would be if he were a fullback, which is closer to what Reguilon is.
Better passer and delivery vs running with the ball is what you're saying? I like Telles. Guy is a very smart player and very creative for a fullback, and will give us the natural width and delivery we lack on the left. A lot of experience and physically nothing to worry about IMO.

Riz

Is he more Messi if he were a fullback, or a Ronaldo if he were a fullback?

tombombadil

Exactly

And you can have a lop-sided attack so mix-and match. This also dramatically boosts our tactical options especially if we need to play diamonds or 3 at the back.

Williams will benefit immensely and the abuse he has received is unwarranted.
Yes. Not only do we have squad depth, but we also have tactical flexibility.

Lopsided, both sides, or back 3. I really, really hope this all pans out.

Member 90887

Where are the people moaning that the club didn't want to pay the 25 mil asked by Porto ?

A lot of experts in here.

Pav1878

First start by using common sense and stop falling for bc stories at every corner. It's okay to be discontent with the board handling of things but at least get angry at the right things, not bs stories. Disappointment about the Sancho handling is fair enough, feeling that there hasn't been enough transfer activity this window so far is fair enough, but when you see fans going on meltdowns, rage over things like the Reguilon's transfer to Spurs(unacceptable buy back clause), Thiago's transfer to Liverpool(our name being used by agents and Bayern to get a fee out of Liverpool), Bale(no sane fan should be hoping for us to even as much as consider him) then one got to start questioning the sate of some of these fans.
I am using common sense and I don't agree with fans throwing their toys out of their prams about bale or reguillon. Although I do agree about Thiago, we should have been in for him. And the frustrations of those fans are borne out of all the crap that has come before.

If you see the scoreline right now btw and talk to me about common sense.
Let's all sit and smile while our club is run into the ground.

izec

Shaw, as the whole team was just shambolic. Glad we have someone to step up. Not convinced that Shaw will play well as a LCB either, positionally all over the place.

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
Caved in? I think we did, they probably got what they asked for.
Porto are getting way less than what they wanted. Several sources mentioned that they wanted 25 million Euros. Record of Portugal were mentioning 20 million Euros. In the end, we agreed on 15 million + 3 million Euros.

izak

Supports
Glory Glory Red Devils
It's Embarrassing that we had to wait till we get a hammering from spurs to set us into work...

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
What's the bet he's any less of a clown than the guy Ole spunked £80m on last summer?
He's a much better player than Luke fecking Shaw is. Luke Shaw is the definition of average in every single aspect. On top of that has horrendous fitness and gets big injuries every season. Him being out of the team is a win, regardless of the rest of the defence. Thank feck. Guys been mediocre for years and will finally go to the bench where he belongs.

VorZakone

What would Kenny G do?
He's a much better player than Luke fecking Shaw is. Luke Shaw is the definition of average in every single aspect. On top of that has horrendous fitness and gets big injuries every season. Him being out of the team is a win, regardless of the rest of the defence. Thank feck. Guys been mediocre for years and will finally go to the bench where he belongs.
Couldn't have worded it better myself.

Alex Telles will expose Shaw for the average LB that he is, most notably from an attacking perspective.

RedNed77

Shaw, as the whole team was just shambolic. Glad we have someone to step up. Not convinced that Shaw will play well as a LCB either, positionally all over the place.
Ive been a defender of Shaw but the Spurs 4th was entirely down to him. He was absolutely all over the show.

thegregster

Harbinger of new information
Tellea isn't that good. Better than Shaw but he won't improve us much at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.