Alex Telles signs for Manchester United

paraguayo

Supports
neutral
He will tear hsi ACL with Brazil this week, just watch

Mic

Do we know what his English is like?

Generally our players speak good English so hopefully he does too to help integrate him quickly
Not even sure he speaks it. He'll be able to speak with Bruno and Fred in Portuguese otherwise.

MZX7

@Vato @Varun @moses @Hectic @Solius
Totally underwhelming signings.
Van De Beek
Telles
Cavani
Sarr

Not one of them could get us as excited as Sancho would have. None of them are sure shot Starting XI contenders. All squad/rotation options.

If only they had sold off more of our deadwood early and in an organized manner, we could have had Sancho and a few of the above.

A most damp English Summer for United.

Redplane

( . Y . ) planned for Christmas
Van De Beek
Telles
Cavani
Sarr

Not one of them could get us as excited as Sancho would have. None of them are sure shot Starting XI contenders. All squad/rotation options.

If only they had sold off more of our deadwood early and in an organized manner, we could have had Sancho and a few of the above.

Look I'm not saying im impressed either but on the flip side - those players all have the ability to put some pressure on the starting lineup guys - some of them have arguably probably gotten a bit too comfortable. At the very least I hope it lights a fire under their butts.

Greck

Bye Luke Shaw...
Welcome Telles.
He did say we needed signings. Never thought I'd see a first teamer ask for his own replacement. Let's hope fatty can stay fit playing games every other week

Zlatans Knee

Shaw has got to watch those highlights and wonder what those strange bendy passes from the touchline into the box are. Some weird foreign invention.

Zlatans Knee

Van De Beek
Telles
Cavani
Sarr

Why do you think that we are signing Sarr? He will not even get the chance to underwhelm you.

VorZakone

What would Kenny G do?
Fecking finally. Hopefully people will finally appreciate what an attacking fullback can provide for Utd. I fully expect Telles to do very well.

Bratt

Do we know what his English is like?

Generally our players speak good English so hopefully he does too to help integrate him quickly
Just saw an interview with him, made after the signing today. Didn’t speak a single english word in that one.

JTW95

Gullible sausage
Not really seen him play before but im certain he will be an improvement on Shaw. But atm my nan would probably be an improvement on him.

He seems to genuinely want to be here and apparently forced a move from Porto so thats the sort of characters we want. Looking forward to seeing him play.

Mic

Look I'm not saying im impressed either but on the flip side - those players all have the ability to put some pressure on the starting lineup guys - some of them have arguably probably gotten a bit too comfortable. At the very least I hope it lights a fire under their butts.
To be honest what has Sancho won up till now? He plays in a league with one only team: Bayern! What has he won with Dortmund or England? I don't really see him doing much when facing real opposition.

VorZakone

What would Kenny G do?
To be honest what has Sancho won up till now? He plays in a league with one only team: Bayern! What has he won with Dortmund or England? I don't really see him doing much when facing real opposition.
Sancho is 20. Did you expect a trophy cabinet already?

2 man midfield

Last Man Standing finalist 2021/22
Can we use this signing to sort our weird squad numbers out? Give Telles number 3, Lindelof number 4, and Bailly the number for another club.

WR10

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
Has anyone actually watched him play? His ball control is comparable to many amateur footballers out there. His defending is worse than your average amateur defender. I really think if it wasn't for his set-pieces he wouldn't be looked at at all.
Signing him for simply having more 'desire' about his game than Luke fecking Shaw is really peak Ole shithousery.

It's a panic buy - no two ways to put it. Unfortunately, we're going to be visiting his thread many times over to talk about how bad he actually is as a footballer in the next few months.

On the flip side, and on a better note - hopefully, this means the official end to Luke Shaw.

Devil may care

Good signing that the number crunchers have immediately been able to balance out with the Smalling deal, so the all important dividends are ok. Of the 4 we've signed today Telles is the only one that will have any impact on the team, he's in his prime years and actually adds something we've not had since Evra, a fullback that can attack.

Leethal

I'd be more excited about this signing if our CB's could actually defend. Right now, I'm afraid that he might be a liability, as defensively he's not the best and that will leave our defence even more exposed.

ayushreddevil9

Foootball hinders the adrenaline of transfers.
So excited to have a FB who can cross. At least he would look good at the start.

jackal&hyde

This guy can have a transformative effect on our attack. His crossing and general influence in attack will allow Rashford to play less wide and get back to his best.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Look forward to seeing him. Hopefully he's more of a proper fullback than the almost wing-back esque player some have referred to. Woudn't want to see him struggling to get back into position and lacking mobility, like Alonso of Chelsea for example. Obviously would be great if he's that good a contributer going forwards or even slightly less.

I think even with our front three of last season we have goals in us from crosses. But Shaw and AWB just refuse to put in a delivery and always pass it short/cutback.

Last edited:
Has anyone actually watched him play? His ball control is comparable to many amateur footballers out there. His defending is worse than your average amateur defender. I really think if it wasn't for his set-pieces he wouldn't be looked at at all.
Signing him for simply having more 'desire' about his game than Luke fecking Shaw is really peak Ole shithousery.

It's a panic buy - no two ways to put it. Unfortunately, we're going to be visiting his thread many times over to talk about how bad he actually is as a footballer in the next few months.

On the flip side, and on a better note - hopefully, this means the official end to Luke Shaw.
if he’s as bad as you say, then how would it be the end of Shaw?

saivet

I watched a video of his goals and assists last season and quite a number of goals came from penalties and plenty of assists from corners. For anyone that's watched him, how is his attacking play aside from set pieces? What full back (LB or RB) is he similar to stylistically?

meamth

He looks like one of those fitness/traveller/hippie influencer in instagram.

Another signing looks like Jesus.

Another one looks like a boyband celeb, replacing Andreas.

The last signing is an Armadillo.

Sylar

Im imagining his first meeting with Shaw will be like Daryl Strawberrys first meeting with Homer Simpson.