Alexander Isak

Paul_Scholes18

Hope he can take the next step to a really big club. I think he would do well in PL for teams like Everton, West Ham, Leeds as the next step.

Paul_Scholes18

He just got young player of the year in Spain, I reckon he'd be aiming higher.
I would like us getting him, but he would be backup most likely.

For his development it can be best to be a star in a smaller PL side. If Kane goes Spurs could be a good club too.

Hackman2210

We should be looking at this player - perfect profile for us. Sign him, look at him in pre-season, if hes doesnt look ready then we loan him to west ham, everton etc. Otherwise they buy him he does well and we pay double the price for him. On a player his age i cant see us losing money. International level striker only going to get better.

Kamprad

He’s great but I have to raise a question mark regarding his physical strength. Still young and still room for development in that department.

pcaming

United are an embarrassment.
He’s great but I have to raise a question mark regarding his physical strength. Still young and still room for development in that department.
Yep agreed. Needs quite a bit more muscle and then I think he will be at another level.

Pow

Supports
Chelsea
Hes young that can be sorted
I'm more impressed by the fact that his touch and control for a big man is good he sat laporte on his ass for the chance that hit the post. And even when it looked like chance had gone he dribbled through the defence and gave a perfect pass for his partner to miss.

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
presumably only if haaland leaves?
Yes. As his replacement. If either City or Chelsea are willing to jump the queue for next year, and pay up, I can't see Dortmund not taking that money and run. People talk about the need to qualify for CL and that, but they are relatively comfortable, with Leipzig now selling their best assets (talk of Sabitzer wanting to leave) and their manager, and BMG losing Rose to Dortmund. And that little benefit of pocketing +200m if they sell both Haaland and Sancho to reinvest in the squad.

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
I know we are going for Sancho - but say in a formation that has forwards like Rashford out left and Greenwood out right - does Haaland fit better or Isak to the way they play?

I’m not asking who is better as an individual - but asking who would be better in such a set up?

Kamprad

Talk of him going back to Dortmund.
I don’t think he want to go back to Dortmund.

Yep agreed. Needs quite a bit more muscle and then I think he will be at another level.
Hes young that can be sorted
I'm more impressed by the fact that his touch and control for a big man is good he sat laporte on his ass for the chance that hit the post. And even when it looked like chance had gone he dribbled through the defence and gave a perfect pass for his partner to miss.
The question is how much room for development there is. He’s got east-african roots and they’re not famous for their strength and explosiveness, and he’s built very slim. On the other hand maybe it means he can built a lot of strength without losing agility.

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
The question is how much room for development there is. He’s got east-african roots and they’re not famous for their strength and explosiveness, and he’s built very slim. On the other hand maybe it means he can built a lot of strength without losing agility.
He may not bulk up massively, but he can definitely increase his strength and balance. I think for him though, the same is required as for most players his age, and size, improve the technical aspects and positional sense. He's definitely on the right track.

redrobed

Would rather see him get Premier League experience and matchtime then join us later. Though wouldn’t want to miss out on current price tag and then pay 5* as much later down the line. Maybe loan him to a Norwich or a Watford or a Spurs for a season and see how he gets on. Seems low risk and potentially high reward. Sweden have produced some quality strikers over the years

RedDF

I feel like this guy is going to become a big player, could be a very clever signing and won’t cost Haaland or Kane money.

Bebestation

Apparently had a good game again today.

I wonder if we should just go for Haaland this season and see if he is ever interested in joining us as a club - if not maybe this is the guy we go for.

Jacob

Vision isn't great, missed a blatant assist for the 2-0 goal.

FrankDrebin

Don't call me Shirley
Supports
USA Manchester Red Socks
He looks good but he's still alittle to rough around the edges for us or for any major club.

crossy1686

career ending
Dortmund have a 30m Euro buy back clause on him that's good for another couple of seasons. Talk he'll go back there if Haaland leaves next summer, but he really didn't like his time there previously and I doubt he'd be open to going back

simmee

Vision isn't great, missed a blatant assist for the 2-0 goal.
Nothing to do with vision, of course he saw the possibility. Just bad decision making. Not really shocking in a young attacker.

podurban2

Nothing to do with vision, of course he saw the possibility. Just bad decision making. Not really shocking in a young attacker.
I actually thought the Slovakian defender would have blocked a pass?

RyRoc

Needs some work on his decision making but he looks an excellent talent. What was the official reason for Dortmund letting him go as they usually are bang on in these things?

Mickson

Exactly. He wants to be the main guy, he felt confident and wanted to score. Nothing to see there. His vision is good. A very good all-round forward.

AmanNits04

His TOTS card in fifa 21 is a nightmare to play against, if I see my opponent having the TOTS Isak Card, I know he is going to score atleast 2.

Bebestation

Exactly. He wants to be the main guy, he felt confident and wanted to score. Nothing to see there. His vision is good. A very good all-round forward.
This is what interests me. I wonder out of Haaland and Isak who is the more Cavani player in terms of being able to play in between two inverted forwards.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
This is what interests me. I wonder out of Haaland and Isak who is the more Cavani player in terms of being able to play in between two inverted forwards.
Cavani isn't necessarily a plus for Rashford and Greenwood. The only way to make a system with 2 inverted forwards really work is if the striker is a firmino type who drops deep and is more of a creator and hold up guy. With a Cavani or real #9 type, you really need one of the wide players to be a creator (which is why we're going for Sancho).

Bebestation

Cavani isn't necessarily a plus for Rashford and Greenwood. The only way to make a system with 2 inverted forwards really work is if the striker is a firmino type who drops deep and is more of a creator and hold up guy. With a Cavani or real #9 type, you really need one of the wide players to be a creator (which is why we're going for Sancho).
I get that and that’s why I was hoping martial could play as a deep lying forward last season.

However Cavani is better link up player than a pure central striker isn’t he?

Would you say Haaland is well rounded to the point that he can play inbetween 2 inverted forwards? It’s why I’m wondering a bit about Isak and see if he could do it once in a while even if it’s not our main tactic in the future.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
I get that and that’s why I was hoping martial could play as a deep lying forward last season.

However Cavani is better link up player than a pure central striker isn’t he?

Would you say Haaland is well rounded to the point that he can play inbetween 2 inverted forwards? It’s why I’m wondering a bit about Isak and see if he could do it once in a while even if it’s not our main tactic in the future.
Cavani is decent with his link up but its geared around him getting the chances, it doesn't do much for Rashford or Greenwood to get them among the chances. Read an article earlier today actually highlighting how many fewer shots Rashford gets off playing with Cavani vs Martial. Which is fine, it's about the overall system, but definitely something to keep in mind. I generally think we need 1 creator out wide and 1 inside forward like Rashford or Greenwood, which is how Ole used Pogba on the left last season and why Sancho will be huge for us. It makes sense too. If you have 2 inside forwards and a normal striker who wants to be a focal point of chances... you have 3 players operating in the same areas and looking to do the same thing in attack, with nobody really supplying them (or 100% reliance on the #10). So the only way to get it to work is literally a firmino type, which isn't worth it unless you have truly world class wide forwards who are consistent and a world class creative forward. It's very hard to do IMO.

Haaland is a couple of levels above Isak though, don't think we have much chance at Haaland anyway but Isak also seems to be more geared towards a counter attacking side (or being a poacher), driving with the ball with his pace and skill, running in behind. Not really a hold up or all round striker. It's like Rashford, just more of a central guy compared to Rashford liking to be out wide more. Would be pointless for us as we'll have Greenwood there long term, and Sancho on a wing with Amad coming through too. Neither of them would be a good set up with both Rashford and Greenwood on the wings, because neither Rashford nor Greenwood are creative players at all.

Gordon S

I get Welbeck vibes from this guy. Long legs, deceptively quick, covers lots of ground, dribbling skills that are more effective than you might think at first glance. Going to be fun to see if he can improve even more next season

do.ob

Supports
Borussia Dortmund
Dortmund have a 30m Euro buy back clause on him that's good for another couple of seasons. Talk he'll go back there if Haaland leaves next summer, but he really didn't like his time there previously and I doubt he'd be open to going back
Actually talk is that Dortmund are negotiating with San Sebastian to sell them their clause for up to €10m.

Zlatan Ibrahomovic

United have no chance on a talent like this unfortunately - as comments above from its fanbase are kind of telling for the clubs mentality. Best young player in Spain, 17 goals in La Liga and now evidently carrying a poor Sweden in the first two games of the Euro, having toyed with both the Slovakian and Spanish defenders - and people are talking about loaning this player out to West Ham for experience. Absolutely disillusional.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Would rather see him get Premier League experience and matchtime then join us later. Though wouldn’t want to miss out on current price tag and then pay 5* as much later down the line. Maybe loan him to a Norwich or a Watford or a Spurs for a season and see how he gets on. Seems low risk and potentially high reward. Sweden have produced some quality strikers over the years
Why the hell would he join a premier league relegation struggler when he is currently first choice in La Liga for team that has finished 6th and 5th and won Copa Del Rey in his two years there? :lol: You really basing it on the first leg of the europa game when La Real just got their tactics completely wrong.

It's like saying Gerardo Moreno should leave Villareal and join Newcastle.

Actually think best fit for Isak would be Arsenal as they need a younger and more mobile forward option than the two they've got now and Isak fits the profile of what they're trying to build up again in final third at least. Dortmund of course will show interest once Haaland leaves aswell so can see that although he's simply not as good a finisher.

Kamprad

Why the hell would he join a premier league relegation struggler when he is currently first choice in La Liga for team that has finished 6th and 5th and won Copa Del Rey in his two years there? :lol: You really basing it on the first leg of the europa game when La Real just got their tactics completely wrong.

Actually think best fit for Isak would be Arsenal as they need a younger and more mobile forward option than the two they've got now and Isak fits the profile of what they're trying to build up again in final third at least. Dortmund of course will show interest once Haaland leaves aswell so can see that although he's simply not as good a finisher.
Why the hell would he join a premier league relegation struggler when he is currently first choice in La Liga for team that has finished 6th and 5th and won Copa Del Rey in his two years there? :lol:

redrobed

You question me on why he’d join a relegation struggler and then name Arsenal as a possible destination for him? ;)

Raven

I get Welbeck vibes from this guy. Long legs, deceptively quick, covers lots of ground, dribbling skills that are more effective than you might think at first glance. Going to be fun to see if he can improve even more next season
First thing I thought as well, Welbeck was a fun player before all the injuries. Hopefully Isak can kick on, I love his style.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
You question me on why he’d join a relegation struggler and then name Arsenal as a possible destination for him? ;)
Yeah I know but they still got Odegaard when they were bottom half and I assume because of the success of Ljungberg there Arsenal is still a very popular club in Sweden so it could appeal to him plus London and all that.

It depends really. There are clubs above Arsenal he could join where he'd just be a bench warmer (not loaned out to team fighting for 17th though ;)) or go slightly lower but where he'd be first choice for team who should eventually be back in top 4 mix.

In the end Arsenal actually finished 8 points off 3rd despite being a disaster zone for half the season so not like we're talking 20-30 points. That's obviously to challenge for the league and not happening anytime soon for them.