Alexis Mac Allister | Moves to Liverpool for 35m according to Romano

Status
Not open for further replies.

cyberman

Liverpool getting their key transfer business done early.

While we would probably still be bumbling around come August :) Our lack of decisiveness might be pretty endemic from regime to regime - not something that ended with Ed Woodward
It’s not a coincidence they’ve leaked it now. It’s to raise spirits and they basically know their budget for next season after today

Sid234

It’s not a coincidence they’ve leaked it now. It’s to raise spirits and they basically know their budget for next season after today
It's okay to leak a done deal - good on them to get it over the line and improve a big area of weakness

Swedish_Plumber

Must be nice to get business done and know who what resources you’ve got to work with well in advance of pre season.

Highly doubt we’re as close to signing anyone whether it’s Liverpool PR or not.

cyberman

It's okay to leak a done deal - good on them to get it over the line and improve a big area of weakness
Yeah but Brighton still have to play twice this season. Must be an agreement there somewhere and now he’ll get his big goodbye.
I don’t think it means they’ve moved earlier than most, it’s just that it’s being made public now but both scenarios are plausible

I’m loving my life

Why would he want to play for a sad, amateurish, down at heel, wretched bunch of Europa League level losers when he could join an impressive, professional, Champions League pedigree, machine-like winner’s’ outfit like ourselves? Can he not smell the winds of change?

Sid234

Yeah but Brighton still have to play twice this season. Must be an agreement there somewhere and now he’ll get his big goodbye.
I don’t think it means they’ve moved earlier than most, it’s just that it’s being made public now but both scenarios are plausible
I understand what you're saying - I'm just worried we'll overspend and get players in late again. Like every other recent season - I know there's time to go and hopefully I am proven to be wrong

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Apparently it's agreed he goes to Liverpool, which is great
Good that we won't overpay for him, but he will be a good signing for them. We need very different things to them in midfield, but he can be a top player there in a way that doesn't fit our needs IMO, given the playmaking they get from Trent.

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
He would shine here as well , he would actually be upgrade on Eriksen as well as Fernandes if I am to be honest .
I don’t think hes an upgrade on Fernandes. Maybe more consistent, in that he won’t drop clangers, but also won’t reach his max level.

I think Brighton will end up upgrading him

ExSalfordRed

Good player but i think the 70m that Bighton are going to ask could be spent better on another one or even 2 midfielders. Kone as understudy to Casmiro and Le Fee who looks a bit of a baller tbh. s

bosnian_red

He would shine here as well , he would actually be upgrade on Eriksen as well as Fernandes if I am to be honest .
He's not an upgrade on Bruno for fecks sake people, learn to rate your own fecking players instead of always thinking that player you see 5 minutes of once a month is better (hint - he's NOWHERE close to Bruno).

gajender

I don’t think hes an upgrade on Fernandes. Maybe more consistent, in that he won’t drop clangers, but also won’t reach his max level.

I think Brighton will end up upgrading him
You are right his ceiling may not be higher but floor definitely is which makes him better for the team dynamic atleast according to me .

gajender

He's not an upgrade on Bruno for fecks sake people, learn to rate your own fecking players instead of always thinking that player you see 5 minutes of once a month is better (hint - he's NOWHERE close to Bruno).
We will see next season once he gets his move to a bigger club let's revisit this next season .

Eckers99

Michael Corleone says hello
He'd be an upgrade today. Bruno was fecking shite.

In general I agree with you though.

Barthez

Decent player but I don’t see him transforming Liverpool.

Plant0x84

Shame we’re aren’t more like Brighton
Carpark and snack area adjacent to the abyss
He’s nothing like an upgrade on Bruno. He’s only likely an upgrade on Christian because he has age in his favour and therefore stamina. He isn’t as technically gifted as either of them.

bosnian_red

We will see next season once he gets his move to a bigger club let's revisit this next season .
You are comparing a player who is up there with De Bruyne in terms of creativity, progressive passes, chances created, key passes, assists and expected assists as one of the very best creators in world football to Mac Allister who is just nowhere close to Bruno with any stat related to creativity. It's a nonsense comparison. Don't need to revisit anything because he'll never be anywhere close to the creator that Bruno Fernandes is. He is a good player, but he's not a patch on Bruno let's make that clear.

captaincantona

he will cost them a large chunk of their transfer kitty and they have some other rebuilding to do. Milner gone, Fabinho on the decline and Thiago is well…Thiago. He is a great signing for them but unless Salah has an Indian summer and starts carrying them again - they will be back to chasing top 4 like the rest of us. They are nothing special whatsoever and one player won’t change that.

Pascal Quiff

Supports
Liverpool
Good player. Seems to be one of those types that will actually improve those around him.

BluesJr

Owns the moral low ground
I detest players who choose Liverpool. Always got a certain irritation about them.

laughtersassassin

Its really quite irritating how efficient Liverpool are each window.

We will need a big big window to keep our momentum.

But sadly the owner excuse is right there so can see this summer being the usual mess

FrankDrebin

Don't call me Shirley
Supports
USA Manchester Red Socks
We roughed him up a fair amount in our last two meetings, so I think that may have played a part in his preference for a transfer to Liverpool over us, that's if we were strongly interested anyway.

Dazzmondo

MacAllister is a good player but honestly I think Liverpool are majorly overpaying here. I don't think he's at the level of Caicedo at all (different types of players obviously, just comparing their respective levels). Guessing they had a huge budget put aside for Bellingham and so have a load of money that they can afford to overpay for a less talented alternative.

Bloody hell seeing some lunatics here suggesting he's better than Bruno :lol: :lol: :lol: :houllier:

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Decent player but I don’t see him transforming Liverpool.
I think he's their long term Henderson replacement given his style and added quality in final third.

They also need a Fabiano replacement though given how his form has gone off a cliff this season so think DM is their most crucial signing to plug the gaps as they've still got plenty of quality in final third that will flourish again once they've got a coherent structure behind them.

If Alexis was signed by Man. United you could just drop him alongside Casemiro and rotate with Eriksen really.

V.O.

Last Man Standing finalist 2019/20
Its really quite irritating how efficient Liverpool are each window.
Yeah, and people were saying the same thing this time last year when they spunked 80m on a striker who's now their third choice left winger. :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.