Alexis Sanchez image 7

Alexis Sanchez Chile flag

2019-20 Performances

View full 2019-20 profile

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stadjer

Time to recall the pianist? Desperate times...
Surely not that desperate? You remember some of his games? I rather play Greenwood for the experience and put someone like Gomes or Chong on the bench. It might not turn out to be very good but Sánchez also hasnt turned out very good for Manchester United and Inter.

littleman

Surely not that desperate? You remember some of his games? I rather play Greenwood for the experience and put someone like Gomes or Chong on the bench. It might not turn out to be very good but Sánchez also hasnt turned out very good for Manchester United and Inter.
You're not considering the possibility of Greenwood getting injured

We need quality, yes, but before quality we need to field an XI

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir
I remember them well. But we have to be realistic and realise that relying on more undercooked youngsters to start every game won't take us anywhere.

Look at the state of the squad. We desperately need bodies. As it happens this guy is already on our books and we're probably paying him feckloads anyway.

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
I might have said so differently previously but considering how we have been managed so far & Woodward still not buying anyone near the end of the window - we should have never loaned Sanchez out alongside Smalling. Even if he was injured it may have been avoided & be useful for us.

Godfather

I remember them well. But we have to be realistic and realise that relying on more undercooked youngsters to start every game won't take us anywhere.

Look at the state of the squad. We desperately need bodies. As it happens this guy is already on our books and we're probably paying him feckloads anyway.
Seeing as Woodward is too incompetent to even get a number 10 in January it is an option yeah.

macheda14

We have to be realistic and realises that undercooked youngsters will offer more than Sanchez ever would.

He'sRaldo

I might have said so differently previously but considering how we have been managed so far & Woodward still not buying anyone near the end of the window - we should have never loaned Sanchez out alongside Smalling. Even if he was injured it may have been avoided & be useful for us.
Seeing as we didn't make many signings and he could have rotated minutes with Rashford or Martial, you're probably right. Especially as we've seen how players like Matic and Mata can step in and help.

We're paying his wages anyway, meanwhile Rashford has been injured due to minimal rotation, and I'm sure he'd have loved a rest. Weird situation.

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
Seeing as we didn't make many signings and he could have rotated minutes with Rashford or Martial, you're probably right. Especially as we've seen how players like Matic and Mata can step in and help.

We're paying his wages anyway, meanwhile Rashford has been injured due to minimal rotation, and I'm sure he'd have loved a rest. Weird situation.
Yeah, some of the numbers in our squad are a bit too low to let players out on loan.

Letting players who don't sign contracts or for good offers we can't refuse is understandable.

Sanchez AM instead of Lingard would have been better some matches even if his confidence was low also.

redshaw

Things aren't going too well at Inter though? I read Conte saying he's not playing due to not being fit.

MS4

He did a rabona fake in the last inter match. Jesus. He is enjoying himself, did not see him pulling anything off here

vanderpants

Will prove everyone wrong next season.
Im also thinking this too, we definitely didn't see the best of him under Jose and we all know what he is capable of. If he sorts his fitness out for next season I'd love to see him succeed and prove his doubters wrong, plus I'd love to see the arsenal fams crying

Mark Pawelek

"Alexis will come back in the summer and prove you all wrong."

How does that make sense? Just maybe: bringing back Alexis is the price Ole to must pay to Woodward and Glazers for us getting Bruno Fernandes?

Even a mad world must make sense.

Hoof the ball

I mentioned the other day that it would be better for Alexis to move inside to no.10 since he's good in tight spaces and has enough acceleration for central areas. Conte played him in no.10 to good effect today.

edgar allan

I mentioned the other day that it would be better for Alexis to move inside to no.10 since he's good in tight spaces and has enough acceleration for central areas. Conte played him in no.10 to good effect today.
It would be better to buy out his contract and let him go.

Seij

It would be better to buy out his contract and let him go.
If we're gonna pay his salary for the rest of his contract, might as well keep him as an option. At least have him play the piano at OT before each game. He'll be the world's most expensive pianist for the next millennium.

Quite possibly the worst signing in the history of the league.

KetilOwren88

It actually makes much more sense bringing him back now, due to the Rashford injury, but I guess that’s not an option.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
Played well against Milan, looked like his fitness has improved too. He was pressing all game and also was like playmaker. Making good contribution for Inter.

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
I will be happy if he stays with us next year. He is player who can play all positions in attack and to be fair, his attitude at least never was a problem.

Paul_Scholes18

Played well against Milan, looked like his fitness has improved too. He was pressing all game and also was like playmaker. Making good contribution for Inter.
Ole was talking about improving the players fitness a lot last spring.
Next season he ships the two guy needing it the most away and they have improved the fitness a lot at Inter.
Although I think they had a pre season with us right?

roonster09

Scout
I will be happy if he stays with us next year. He is player who can play all positions in attack and to be fair, his attitude at least never was a problem.
He can't, he lost his explosive acceleration and can't play as winger now. He is playing well as striker for Inter, or more like second striker.

He can't play as winger, he can play well as striker/second striker.

roonster09

Scout
Ole was talking about improving the players fitness a lot last spring.
Next season he ships the two guy needing it the most away and they have improved the fitness a lot at Inter.
Although I think they had a pre season with us right?
Yeah they had preseason with us.

Ish

Lights on for Luke
The best thing he could do now (outside of returning to us and becoming the player he used to be :lol:) is to go on a scoring run for Inter between now and seasons end. Then they will (hopefully) try and sign him permanently.

Paul_Scholes18

The best thing he could do now (outside of returning to us and becoming the player he used to be :lol:) is to go on a scoring run for Inter between now and seasons end. Then they will (hopefully) try and sign him permanently.
I will not rule him out finding his old self again. I thought Falcao was done after us and Chelsea and he proved me wrong.
At least buy a winger before we sell him.

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
He can't, he lost his explosive acceleration and can't play as winger now. He is playing well as striker for Inter, or more like second striker.

He can't play as winger, he can play well as striker/second striker.
He never was classic winger. Always was more as some playmaker winger who comes in the middle. So he can be very useful on the left instead of Rashford. Even on the right despite we never really tried him there.

Football is not just speed. What is the use of winger like James for example when you play against defensive teams at home like Burnley or Wolves? If we had Alexis for those games maybe( maybe not) we would have won those games.

I was against selling Lukaku but i respected Ole's decision and right to do it. Coach needs to have freedom and all that. But loaning Alexis after deadline was stupid and awful decision.

roonster09

Scout
I will not rule him out finding his old self again. I thought Falcao was done after us and Chelsea and he proved me wrong.
He shouldn't be counted as winger anymore, he should be used as CF or second striker. You never know, next manager might like him and want to retain him.

Ish

Lights on for Luke
Was Falcao really anything special during his time at Chelsea? I remember nothing of the sorts, in fairness. I think he went back to Monaco, and did "ok" - but nowhere near the peak Falcao. (this is how I remember it anyway).

On the bolded bit - we should have signed a RW 5 years ago :lol:, but yeah, agreed.

roonster09

Scout
He never was classic winger. Always was more as some playmaker winger who comes in the middle. So he can be very useful on the left instead of Rashford. Even on the right despite we never really tried him there.

Football is not just speed. What is the use of winger like James for example when you play against defensive teams at home like Burnley or Wolves? If we had Alexis for those games maybe( maybe not) we would have won those games.

I was against selling Lukaku but i respected Ole's decision and right to do it. Coach needs to have freedom and all that. But loaning Alexis after deadline was stupid and awful decision.
He wasn't classic winger but he has explosive playing style which suited wing play, not he doesn't have that. He has lost that acceleration, so he won't be helping team defensively or take on defenders. Football is not about just speed but you need quick acceleration to give you edge against defenders, especially for wing forwards who will be facing defenders 1v1.

He won't be more useful on the left than Rashford anyways.

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
He wasn't classic winger but he has explosive playing style which suited wing play, not he doesn't have that. He has lost that acceleration, so he won't be helping team defensively or take on defenders. Football is not about just speed but you need quick acceleration to give you edge against defenders, especially for wing forwards who will be facing defenders 1v1.

He won't be more useful on the left than Rashford anyways.
I didn't mean that he would be better than Rashford. Rashford is top left winger now and our main player. I meant that he can be good cover for Rash on the left, good cover for Martial on striker position and can be useful on rw or on advanced no10 position as second striker.

My point with Alexis is the same as was with Fred when he was shit( and i think that you were the one with whom i had this chat then). Some players who have quality need to get games in a row. Alexis ( same as Fred before Pogba's injury) never got second chance with us. He was shambolic during that first half season and nobody is denying that. But after that he had a lot of injuries and didn't play in a row and Jose and Ole lost patience with him.

He is still better player than James, Lingard, Mata or Pereira and he should have stayed here. I am not giving up from him and i hope that next season he will come good for us.

Paul_Scholes18

Was Falcao really anything special during his time at Chelsea? I remember nothing of the sorts, in fairness. I think he went back to Monaco, and did "ok" - but nowhere near the peak Falcao. (this is how I remember it anyway).

On the bolded bit - we should have signed a RW 5 years ago :lol:, but yeah, agreed.
Falcao was crap for Chelsea. It was the Mourinho meltdown season. Did well for Monaco after that to prove me wrong.
They had a great team around him though.

People having been crap during Mourinho meltdown seems to like bouncing back under Conte.
Should have just got him and won the league here ;). Sure short time whatever, but stopping Pool could be worth it.

roonster09

Scout
I didn't mean that he would be better than Rashford. Rashford is top left winger now and our main player. I meant that he can be good cover for Rash on the left, good cover for Martial on striker position and can be useful on rw or on advanced no10 position as second striker.

My point with Alexis is the same as was with Fred when he was shit( and i think that you were the one with whom i had this chat then). Some players who have quality need to get games in a row. Alexis ( same as Fred before Pogba's injury) never got second chance with us. He was shambolic during that first half season and nobody is denying that. But after that he had a lot of injuries and didn't play in a row and Jose and Ole lost patience with him.

He is still better player than James, Lingard, Mata or Pereira and he should have stayed here. I am not giving up from him and i hope that next season he will come good for us.
I don't remember, usually I always backed him. Might have lost trust after some time, I'm not even sure about that. All I remember is backing him. You never know btw as players form it too volatile at ManUtd.

I agree, he is better than Lingard, Mata and Pereira. James has his uses and has done well than Sanchez for ManUtd. The other 3 are just poor players who should be out of the club.

I didn't say Sanchez won't change at all, I said he shouldn't be option as a winger, he should be option as CF/SS. That's where he is playing well for Inter, his game intelligence is very good, so he picks passes well and also times his runs very well.

Status
Not open for further replies.