Alexis Sanchez / 1 year loan deal to Inter

Discussion in 'Transfer Forum' started by roonster09, May 15, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Aug 28, 2019

Suedesi Full Member

It is different because it doesn't fck up the wage structure. You know, DDG, Pogba etc can point at Sanchez and say why is he getting more than me week in week out?
  2. Aug 28, 2019

wolvored Full Member

So your saying Bebe got at least an hattrick in the champions league? When was that?
  3. Aug 28, 2019

CM10 Full Member

I think it's more likely he scored one goal as a substitute
  4. Aug 28, 2019

Andeva New Member

Supports:
    FK Haugesund
    Maybe he only played 20 minutes and scored.
  5. Aug 28, 2019

Vidyoyo Self-confessed coffee shop chat-up expert

Would you take Bebe back?
  6. Aug 28, 2019

::sonny:: Full Member

7. Aug 28, 2019

Guapa New Member

Feck me,we are a joke of a club.Nothing will improve while the Glazers and their hench man Woodward are still here.PLEASE for a take over :smirk:
  8. Aug 28, 2019

sewey89 Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018

People are actually moaning that we’re getting rid of him?! He’s completely finished. Absolutely terrible player that doesn’t need replacing because he never offered anything.
  9. Aug 28, 2019

crossy1686 Full Member

Moaners gonna moan, mate
  10. Aug 28, 2019

crossy1686 Full Member

Here it is:

11. Aug 28, 2019

C'est Moi Cantona Full Member

He was bought because he was going to be a key player for us, so he was deemed as a player we needed, now we're letting him leave with no replacement here already, and no chance of getting a viable one until next season, that is why people are moaning.

There is no benefit to this transfer now other than for the balance sheet.
  12. Aug 28, 2019

dev1l Full Member

Most probably its more related to hormonal rather than footballing issues. The latter are simply a trigger :)
  13. Aug 28, 2019

No Idea For Nickname Full Member

I disagree. Him leaving might improve atmosphere in the dressing room, training ground, ... 1mil £ per day player who scored, what, 5,6 goals in 18 months is not there anymore.
  14. Aug 28, 2019

flappyjay Full Member

The upside is if he does well there will be a market to sell him to
  15. Aug 28, 2019

2 man midfield Incestuous Modern Woman (Dumper!)

Even saving 9m a year on his wages alone is enough of a positive to give this the green light. Add to that the chance they might take him permanently at the end of it? Happy days.
  16. Aug 28, 2019

Brophs The one and only

I understand what people are frustrated about in terms of squad depth when he goes, but this is one of the rare occasions where I sort of get what the club are doing. His contract has become an albatross around the club's neck and, probably more importantly, his reputation and value are diminishing so rapidly that if they don't take the chance to move him on and, hopefully, extract some value from what has been a pretty disastrous transfer, then they might never be able to. All of that is premised on the idea that he has been assessed by the manager and staff as being not worth persevering with, all things considered. If they have come to the conclusion that they've seen very little to suggest they'll get a whole lot more from him then last season, then maybe it's worth taking a gamble.

However, given the nature of the deal and the fact there is no obligation to purchase, I suspect the club will be gun shy of buying a replacement in January for a player who might be back in June on astronomic wages. Which means that they'll likely end up stuck being a rock and a hard place and do the usual i.e. very little.
  17. Aug 28, 2019

And they offer two bags of chips for him?
    I'm hoping he has fairly good season, then comes back, then China calls...:drool:
  18. Aug 28, 2019

Anywhere will do. Genuinely can’t remember a more underwhelming signing, relative to the hype. Maybe Falcao?
  19. Aug 28, 2019

El Zoido Full Member

Absolutely. Cannot believe people are angry at the club for flushing this turd. :houllier: I’m happier about this than a new signing.
  20. Aug 28, 2019

sewey89 Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018

If Ole wasn’t going to play him, which he blatantly wasn’t (if he’s happy to let him go on loan) then there’s literally no point him being here.
  21. Aug 28, 2019

Sunny Jim Full Member

Warsaw...that's too far away from Edinburgh...
    Nah, Falcao was a risk-free cheap loan.
  22. Aug 28, 2019

The dream partnership

23. Aug 28, 2019

I wasn’t even talking about the financial side, just in football terms. But yeah when you take that into account, he’s our worst signing ever by a country mile.
  24. Aug 28, 2019

ThierryHenry14 New Member

Supports:
    Arsenal
    To Inter, Sanchez is a risk-free cheap loan as well. so it is a win win situation for all parties involved.
  25. Aug 28, 2019

crossy1686 Full Member

God, they're going to be bitterly disappointed very, very soon.
  26. Aug 28, 2019

Svajni New Member

He goes to play Champions League and fight for the title, and we paying him 60% of his salary. Woodword is so incompetent. What if Lukaku and Sanchez play at the top level in Italy, what will that say about Manchester United then? We are joke club now.
  27. Aug 28, 2019

My italian is bit rusty, is it saying if they get Darmian, then don Bepo (whoever he is) should get statue in front Old Trafford?
  28. Aug 28, 2019

No, considering length of the contract, and money we are paying for dog walker, definately Sanchez.
  29. Aug 28, 2019

Yeah but I wasn’t. I was talking in terms of what they delivered on the pitch.
  30. Aug 28, 2019

Aah, sorry, in that case, still Sanchez for me, wasn't expecting as much from Falcao as I did from Sanchez, nor I was screaming at TV when Falcao played as much as was when Alexis played. Maybe I just deleted Falcao from memory and Alexis is still fresh. I do remember that one assist from Falcao in one of his first games.
  31. Aug 28, 2019

I remember Falcao giving me very similar memories to Sanchez now. Just complete and utter toothless-ness. Sat there wondering how a once great player can have declined so badly that they just look totally devoid of any threat at all.

I was really excited when we signed Falcao though, so maybe the let down was greater when he didn’t deliver. I was hyped up that we were going to see probably the best striker in the world alongside what was supposed to be a re-energised Van Persie. Shame it never worked out.
  32. Aug 28, 2019

Yes

Don pepo is beppe marotta, inter ceo

A statue for him outside ot
  33. Aug 28, 2019

Suedesi Full Member

Yeah the tweet is a Juve fan mocking that Inter Magazine that has Alexis and Rom and a Dream Duo byline.

The Juve guy says if they get Darmian as well they will erect Marotta's (Inter DOF) statue outside Old Trafford.
  34. Aug 28, 2019

AFC NimbleThumb Full Member

You make some great points if this was a discussion of quantity, not quality.

United do not operate in a vacuum where the world isn’t littered with numerous youth talents; I’m no football scout but I would be amazed if there are not multiple players 23 or under [the maximum age you listed] that could improve our attack & midfield.

At no point do I say giving youth a chance is a bad thing. I like getting rid & giving players opportunities.

I just don’t buy that we are so focused on youth that our vast scouting system could only identify James & Longstaff as potential signings this summer.

My Mata point is being somewhat facetious but if we are so invested youth all of a sudden then redistribution of his wages etc. surely make sense. You don’t win anything with kids but Mata isn’t such a leader that you overpay him to stay imo.

I doubt I’d be able to find you a younger attack/midfield group with the same lofty ambitions as ours but I can damn sure find you multiple better ones of all ages.

The Glazers really have played a blinder when age suddenly comes before quality.

OgS deserves much better. He was saying we need a finisher heading into the Summer.
    Not sure what you’re attempting to disagree with here.

I didn’t say we should play only youngsters.

I also don’t suggest youth only counts from the academy.

We have pushed a narrative that we are focusing on youth which the majority of the fanbase encourage & have rid ourselves of certain attackers whose roles didn’t justify their wages but then we’ve signed 1 youthful attacker & no one in midfield despite already being light in both departments.

I refuse to believe there were no ‘youngsters’ we could have purchased this summer that would improve the current squads quality & would improve with good coaching over time.

If having an opinion after 3 games is drawing a conclusion I guess we’re both guilty.
  35. Aug 29, 2019

jackal&hyde Full Member

Getting rid of both Lukaku and Sanchez is very good by United. Are we weaker on paper, yes, but we are in a transition period and getting rid of expensive under performing players is one of the most important steps. Time for Greenwood, James, Gomes, Chong to step up; if not, next summer we buy young talented attackers to complement this summers defensive additions.
  36. Aug 29, 2019

Siorac Full Member

I don't think he was free. But that has little to do with my post.
  37. Aug 29, 2019

Nevilles.Wear.Prada Full Member

Supports:
    JDT
    Is he gone yet? At least the hoping that someday he will come good will finally be over. Although, when things don't go our way some caftards definitely going to say he could have contributed.. *Cringe* But hey! the trade off is about 300k p/w that could be two to three new signings over the next two years. Onwards and upwards
  38. Aug 29, 2019

ThierryHenry14 New Member

Supports:
    Arsenal
    Before his departure Man Utd already has Herrera, Fellaini, Lukaku, Valencia off the book. Now Sanchez is gone, Rojo and Darmain probably will leave before the end of transfer window too so Man Utd is doing a very good job trimming the squad and reduce the wage. You still have too many CB in the club though, and where are the replacement?
  39. Aug 29, 2019

roonster09 Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018 Scout

I highlighted the point I was disagreeing with. "We’re also so youth focused that Mata has played more minutes than Gomes this season."

Season has just started so comparing minutes played by young players like Gomes is silly. What you said is true, we could have signed more young players but that doesn't mean "focusing on youth" was just a narrative set by the club.

We have signed AWB who is just 21.
    Signed James who is 21
    Replaced Matic with McTominay who is 22.
    Replaced 26 year old Lukaku who didn't suit the way Ole wanted to play with Martial who is 23.
    Made Rashford regular first team player instead of just playing him as a sub and end up playing around 50% of total mins. Again he is just 21

We have reduced the age in so many positions. We have promoted Greenwood to first team squad who is 17. Then Ole said likes of Gomes, Chong will get mins once we have 3 games in a week.

So we made young bench players as first team players. Young reserves into bench players.

How is that not focusing on the youth? We had youngster team in PL this season.

I agree with your point that we should have signed more players but that's completely unrelated to 'focusing on youth' part. Our fans are complaining that we are relying too much on young players.
  40. Aug 29, 2019

Zoo Full Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.