Alexis Sanchez - Inter Watch

The Red Thinker

Goes to show that there are two types of players. Players who stick through the tough and embrace their responsibility as the ones to drive change, or the absolute sulks. I always thought there must have been something more to the Sanchez story. Something must have happened. But turns out... he was just a GIANT SULK. He will be remembered as the player who pushed Man United to stop with disastrous luxury signings. The United Galacticos mentality ended with him. He will be a footnote in our history.

UpWithRivers

Oh boo hoo. Yeah the there are excuses. I believe him what he says that the environment was toxic. It was. But I dont care. He was getting 500 grand a week and he had responsibilities off the field never mind on it. This has always been my main criticism of him. Even if he wasnt playing well he should have been a shining example at the club. Be that catalyst to being a family. Talk to the players and be there for them. Fight and speak out against anyone that was having a go at the club. Train and guide the young players. Go to the board and say 'Hey. I want United to be successful and I dont want to be the person who bitches but there is a big problem here'. Do a Roy Keane and have a go at the players that were toxic. Punch someone in the face. If all else failed come out to the media and tell them how it is. Try to get rid of Mourinho. Sit down protest. Anything. He would have been respected for any of those actions even if he didnt do anything on the pitch. But he wanted out on day 1. Quitter. Gave up in 2 hrs. How do you think that helped anyone within the club. Selfish mentality and I have no time for him. We were frigging drowning. Its the worst Ive ever seen United and I wanted the big players to stand up. Where was he? Wallowing in his own self pity. Loser. Thats how I feel about him.

GlasgowCeltic

He was terrible in his last year at Arsenal, a lot of people said it at the time.

crossy1686

career ending
Goes to show that there are two types of players. Players who stick through the tough and embrace their responsibility as the ones to drive change, or the absolute sulks. I always thought there must have been something more to the Sanchez story. Something must have happened. But turns out... he was just a GIANT SULK. He will be remembered as the player who pushed Man United to stop with disastrous luxury signings. The United Galacticos mentality ended with him. He will be a footnote in our history.

Massive cop out.

He didn’t even give it a chance under Solskjaer.

Moston Red

Formerly Giggs1973
Poor Sanchez. Got to feel sorry for the guy. Very talented footballer earning £500k a and week playing for one of the biggest clubs in the world. I’d want to leave after one training session.

Maybe it’s not that black and white but still.

Nicolarra90

He also won back to back Copa America’s with Chile (their only ever titles) plus is their all time leading goalscorer and is probably considered their greatest all time player. Most players would have loved to have had the career he’s had - it’s just it’s gone pear shaped extremely quickly.
Nah. Not even at top 5 actually. Vidal probably makes it though

Adnan

Talent Spotter
Ronaldo was ready to jump ship after the 2006 world cup incident but Fergies people skills persuaded him to stay. Had Mourinho been the manager he would've left for Valencia and Ronaldo would've been seen as a failure and coward.

Van Nistelrooy wanted to leave because he told Fergie both Ronaldo and Rooney weren't good enough and jumped ship because he wasn't happy.

Not much fight in either case but we had the Fergie factor which was key.

Smores

I want to hear Keane give his thoughts on this. I'm sure the dressing room wasn't ideal but it's really no fecking excuse when you're playing for a club like ours on those wages to throw the towel in so quickly. This is just excuses from him.

Dec9003

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Sky’s version of the interview is butchered to make it sound much worse.
There’s probably a lot of truth in what Alexis actually said, the squad lacked togetherness and there was a lot of bad stuff behind the scenes which isn’t news to us really. The one thing Solskjaer seems to have done successfully is getting the club all moving in the same direction, and he’s not made any signings that would rock the boat in a bad way; which Alexis ended up being. I do like José, but I imagine when he goes into toxic mode it must be a nightmare being one of his players.

yamo123x

Just another mercenary like Di Maria, preferred the easy life, happily threw in the towel at first opportunity whilst rinsing the club of millions in wages.
Then feels the need to slam the club at the earliest possible opportunity. Have some class man.

Beaucoup

Who cares what he has to say, Atom or Humber would have done a better job on the wing than this clown.

UpWithRivers

Another thing...What a load of sht. His story is nonsense. I dont believe for 1 second he turned up at a job being paid 500 a week. More than twice what he was on before and after a few hours asked his lawyer if he could rip up his contract and go back to the club who got rid of him and be one half his wages again. Really? What sort of idiot would say that. And who doesnt know after you sign a contract its binding. Is he so stupid he rang his lawyer and said this? I doubt it. So the question is why come out with this story? Heck even if its a true story why say it at all. The only reason is because his legacy is destroyed for being a failure and he is trying to gain sympathy. He probably also wants Arsenal fans to still love him since all the United fans will remember him for is being the worst signing at the club.

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
Sky’s version of the interview is butchered to make it sound much worse.
There’s probably a lot of truth in what Alexis actually said, the squad lacked togetherness and there was a lot of bad stuff behind the scenes which isn’t news to us really. The one thing Solskjaer seems to have done successfully is getting the club all moving in the same direction, and he’s not made any signings that would rock the boat in a bad way; which Alexis ended up being. I do like José, but I imagine when he goes into toxic mode it must be a nightmare being one of his players.
True, good point.

Judge Red

Don't Call Me Douglas
Oh, he had plenty of opportunities to rip that contract up.

harms

Shining Star of Paektu Mountain
Staff
He hasn’t even had a great career. A good one, but not great. His goalscoring record hasn’t been great at any club bar Arsenal, and he’s won nothing bar a La Liga title and 2 FA Cups.
He's had a great career. He's by some margin the second best Chilean player of all-time with 2 major international titles (including an MVP award for the 2016 Copa) in a direct competition with Messi. His club career is not quite as impressive, but he has been one of the best players in the world for quite a while.

acnumber9

A lot of people having a go at him here.

Can you imagine signing for a club like United, having your dreams come true to sign for the biggest club in the world and... Mourinho is your manager? It must be heartbreaking.
If only he had some way of knowing Jose Mourinho was United’s manager. But I believe his wifi signal was down so he had no access to Google that day.

Loon

:lol:
Just saw some of his lecture. What a massive fanny. Should have shown some dignity and kept his silence and fecked about with his dogs. Wish in hindsight he had torn up the contract, money could have been spent on somebody else.

acnumber9

There’s probably a lot of truth in what Alexis actually said, the squad lacked togetherness and there was a lot of bad stuff behind the scenes which isn’t news to us really. The one thing Solskjaer seems to have done successfully is getting the club all moving in the same direction
It’s funny that the first thing Solskjaer did to do that was get rid of Sanchez and his best mate Lukaku.

Mark Armstrong

My little girl started a new school today. If she came home spouting the same shiz that Alexis has I would tell her to grow a pair and give it a chance.

Biggest transfer disappointment in modern history for me, frankly when you're paying hundreds of thousands of pounds a week to someone and their best on-field contribution was a rather natty ditty on a piano in the twitter reveal, then it's not the club's fault.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
He's had a great career. He's by some margin the second best Chilean player of all-time with 2 major international titles (including an MVP award for the 2016 Copa) in a direct competition with Messi. His club career is not quite as impressive, but he has been one of the best players in the world for quite a while.
He's had a fantastic career no question. And well done to him for earning the money he did because I'd have done the same in his shoes.

TJ Reid

Supports
Arsenal
Even at Arsenal he was known to be a very lonely guy and keeping it all to himself. Not sure he really had any good friend outside of Ozil.
But even if (big if) that's true, what's the point in saying that publicly ? He's embarassing himself.
Funny though. :D
He was in decline for close to a year before he went to you. He lost the ability to go past people.

Vidyoyo

The bad "V"
I still don't get the hate for Sanchez. Yes, he was underwhelming (putting it mildly) but the situation was quickly wrapped up and much less painful than some other transfer fallouts.

Lukaku was worse imo as he clearly downed tools and generally couldn't be arsed late into his united career. Di Maria too but that's an obvious one.

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
A lot of people having a go at him here.

Can you imagine signing for a club like United, having your dreams come true to sign for the biggest club in the world and... Mourinho is your manager? It must be heartbreaking.
Except that United wasn't the biggest and it wasn't really his dream.

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
It’s interesting how the people who are quickest to complain about the poor atmosphere seem the most likely to have contributed to it though isn’t it? I definitely believe it, but they certainly didn’t do anything to make it better.

Very glad these players are out of our club.

Kostov

I still don't get the hate for Sanchez. Yes, he was underwhelming (putting it mildly) but the situation was quickly wrapped up and much less painful than some other transfer fallouts.

Lukaku was worse imo as he clearly downed tools and generally couldn't be arsed late into his united career. Di Maria too but that's an obvious one.
I don't remember this happening to be fair, he actually put some good performances at the end of his time here and only stain is his sulking or whatever he did in training during pre season.

DoomSlayer

I've gone past the whole Sanchez thing so the only thing left that I will continue to say is - FECK MOURINHO! He was literally destroying the soul of our club, the despicable grumpy wanker. :mad:

Aretak

It’s interesting how the people who are quickest to complain about the poor atmosphere seem the most likely to have contributed to it though isn’t it? I definitely believe it, but they certainly didn’t do anything to make it better.

Very glad these players are out of our club.
Is there any evidence that Sanchez was a disruptive influence in the dressing room? He was crap on the pitch, but I never saw any suggestion he was unprofessional. Mourinho on the other hand definetly was a toxic influence. Publically so. And Solskjaer didn't fancy Sanchez as he wants to focus on younger players, so he moved him on. I don't see where the hate comes from really.

Vidyoyo

The bad "V"
I don't remember this happening to be fair, he actually put some good performances at the end of his time here and only stain is his sulking or whatever he did in training during pre season.
Maybe I'm misremembering then. I thought his performances went off the boil because his first season was really impressive by comparison (s).

Raoul

Admin
Staff
South American’s generally don’t seem to get on at United it’s a weird but definite trend.

Veron, Forlan, Kleberson, Anderson, Di Maria, Falcao, Rojo, Sanchez - all of them failed to live up to the hype or were dog shit. Heinze, Tevez were good but it ended badly. Practically all of those players we are bitter/resentful towards as a fan base and vice-versa.

Exceptions are Rafael, Valencia and Romero.
The geography has nothing to do with it imo. We’ve just been fairly consistently poor at buying players who were either on the wrong sides of their careers or where we happened to be in transition. The fact that most of those listed were very good with their national teams suggests that we simply bought them at the wrong time and under the wrong squad conditions.

meamth

That's what you get for signing non speaking english who doesn't get the club.

What Sanchez's taught us is that, ability is 2nd, personality is always the first thing to look out when signing for Manchester United.

Jose signed a player that ended his tenure. (Makes it even more evident that Mourinho doesn't understand one bit about United, heritage my arse.)

Rolaholic

Is there any evidence that Sanchez was a disruptive influence in the dressing room? He was crap on the pitch, but I never saw any suggestion he was unprofessional. Mourinho on the other hand definetly was a toxic influence. Publically so. And Solskjaer didn't fancy Sanchez as he wants to focus on younger players, so he moved him on. I don't see where the hate comes from really.

Thank goodness for Ole

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
Well he asked for 350k a week, then immediately sulked a week into arriving and asked to go home. That’s a good sign he wasn’t the best influence here. There’s also plenty of reports that he kept himself to himself, apart from the reports of bust ups. Again, not a great sign for alleviating team spirit issues.

Aside from that, it’s no surprise that he and a number of other individuals have left, including the other one that wanted to leave as soon as he arrived, and team spirit is on the up.

Pace Abuser

It was reported he had a fight with Greenwood in the training pitch.

spiriticon

Sanchez, Lukaku, Di Maria...

We've really had some special divas in recent times. I thought training was meant to be hard and tough? Did Sanchez expect soft tackles because he's Sanchez? How does that help his actual game form in any way if we were not allowed to tackle him hard in training?

Thank god the diva era is now past.

CG1010

The striking point about the story for me is the obvious disadvantage of the transfer model of hijacking signings of other clubs (along with Di Maria). The club and and the said player is not able to do the due diligence and creates Sanchez like situations... Under Ole we have obviously completely changed this and we now do a very careful analysis of our targets. Instead of the erratic approach in transfer markets previously. Probably one reason why we should be vary of signing Thiago in a rush.