Alisson Becker | Budding Target Man

Paxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert
Uglier version of Mike Bisping.

MikeKing

Supports
Bournemouth
It's funny that he thinks he isn't competing with DDG to see who is the best goalkeeper in the world. He is right though, it really isn't a competition between them:lol: I swear keepers and defenders doesn't need to actually defend and make saves anymore to be highly rated, they only need to look cool while passing the ball.

el3mel

No, it’s enough to know that the idiots calling him the best in the world are wrong.
This is overrating, but he's still pretty good keeper. I think Ter Stegen is the best currently followed by Dave.

LoveFootball

De Gea had a howler against Arsenal, didn't mean he's shite. These things happen. Unfair to evaluate a keeper based on one mistake.
That's a reaction to be expected when every good game of him result to our resident Liverpool fans labeling him "best in the world" or "better than De Gea". He's a good keeper, but "best in the world" HE IS NOT, maybe within few season he'll come good but right now he isn't.

Grylte

"nothing wrong with some friendly incest, bro"
He's a Lloris level keeper. Can look statistically amazing with one of/the best defence in the league behind him, but there is definitely an error in him.

That's fine and a significant upgrade on the shite Liverpool have had recently, but he's not one of the very best in the world. Just a good keeper.
Interesting way to line up the team :)

RobinLFC

Cries when Liverpool doesn't get praised
Supports
Liverpool
Wow, it’s almost, almost like the supposedly best keeper in the league didn’t make a howler last week. Like you can’t be a good keeper if you make a mistake. Wow.

ShadesOfTomato

Supports
Liverpool
He's a Lloris level keeper. Can look statistically amazing with one of/the best defence in the league behind him, but there is definitely an error in him.

That's fine and a significant upgrade on the shite Liverpool have had recently, but he's not one of the very best in the world. Just a good keeper.
Based on one game/error vs Loris who's played for Spurs for 5 years and consistently shit the bed in that time? Apt and meaningful comparison mate.

Rouge McDuck

Supports
Liverpool
Like I said, I wouldn’t swap him for anyone. One mistake in an easy win doesn’t make a poor player. DDG’s horrendous distribution could have cost goals today but he’s still a world class keeper.

GhastlyHun

Supports
Bayern München
Wow, it’s almost, almost like the supposedly best keeper in the league didn’t make a howler last week. Like you can’t be a good keeper if you make a mistake. Wow.
Don't be so harsh, they don't have much else

haram

People were laughing because Pool fans tried to hype him as better than de Gea.

DonnieDarko

Supports
Liverpool
He fecked up today, nothing to argue with. Still, Alisson is in top 10 keepers playing right now. He saved us many points, and lost us none so far. No other keeper would be significant upgrade from him, only slight.

DDG has made times more errors this year. Does not mean he's average.

SquishyMcSquish

Supports
Tottenham
Based on one game/error vs Loris who's played for Spurs for 5 years and consistently shit the bed in that time? Apt and meaningful comparison mate.
Based on watching him for Roma and watching him for you this season. What is that, 3 errors leading to goals already this season?

He barely gets tested (you have the best defensive record in the league) but he is still making mistakes. Very much capable of brain farts and I think we will see that across the entire season.

ShadesOfTomato

Supports
Liverpool
Based on watching him for Roma and watching him for you this season. What is that, 3 errors leading to goals already this season?

He barely gets tested (you have the best defensive record in the league) but he is still making mistakes. Very much capable of brain farts and I think we will see that across the entire season.
The best defensive record in the league -- which is down to him is it not?

How many points has he cost us? 0

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
One feck up doesn't mean anything, but still thought it was a bit premature/crazy all these proclamations that he's the best keeper in the league/world whatever.

He's not even better then Ederson for me.

Dancfc

Supports
Chelsea
I haven't actually seen a Liverpool fan claim Alisson is better than De Gea, although it won't be long until he actually is if the current trajectory's of both carry on.

padzilla

Hipster
According to BeIn Sports no keeper has made more mistakes which have led directly to goals than Alisson this season.

RobinLFC

Supports
Liverpool
One feck up doesn't mean anything, but still thought it was a bit premature/crazy all these proclamations that he's the best keeper in the league/world whatever.

He's not even better then Ederson for me.
On par for me. Worse in distribution but better in other areas.

Way better than the likes of Lloris imo, who’s a mistake waiting to happen every other game.

Member 114837

I don't understand what you mean?
I am really sorry. My reply was to Giorno's post below you who said that De Gea's problem with Spain has nothing to do with his relatively poor distribution. Somehow I screwed up and ended up replying to your post. My bad.

Last edited by a moderator:

SquishyMcSquish

Supports
Tottenham
The best defensive record in the league -- which is down to him is it not?

How many points has he cost us? 0
Purely down to him? No. You have a really good back 4.

He's definitely a part of your improvement (A hell of a lot better than Karius/Mignolet) but he's still not as good as somebody like De Gea, he's in the category below which is where I also put Lloris.

Lloris makes a few errors, but is also a fantastic shot stopper and reliable a vast majority of the time. I imagine he will make a similar number of errors leading to goals as Alisson this season, whilst being an equally good shot stopper. The amount of points he has cost you is pretty irrelevant, he's lucky to have a very good team around him which has meant when he does make mistakes it hasn't cost you. Against Leicester and tonight he could easily have cost you four points but you went ahead and won regardless.

I'd say superior to the Lloris of now (who had a poor season last, and a very bad start though has recovered it recently and been excellent) but 16/17 Lloris was easily on par with this Alisson for me.

montpelier

I thought a couple of DDG's saves today were not far off of being goal savers, not out of his very best catalogue but a few GKs would have shipped 5-6 today.

Meanwhile up the other end... the new World Number One is clearing the first cross of the game with his knee isn't it?

It's not even close, lads.

RobinLFC

Supports
Liverpool
:rolleyes:
I thought a couple of DDG's saves today were not far off of being goal savers, not out of his very best catalogue but a few GKs would have shipped 5-6 today.

Meanwhile up the other end... the new World Number One is clearing the first cross of the game with his knee isn't it?

It's not even close, lads.
Congrats then, I’m sure you’re happy with having the better goalkeeper while we easily won the game.

GNRfan

Supports
Liverpool
Alisson's distribution was excellent today. Doesn't panic. Gets attacks going very quickly. The ultimate sweeper-keeper.

Coxy

On par for me. Worse in distribution but better in other areas.

Way better than the likes of Lloris imo, who’s a mistake waiting to happen every other game.
This.

For me De Gea is easily the best still in the league - but Alison has probably sneaked into second place. Great keeper for you

christinaa

Gossip Girl
Supports
There's only one United!
So it's 65 Million for Alissssspillison ?!

Stadjer

Alisson's distribution was excellent today. Doesn't panic. Gets attacks going very quickly. The ultimate sweeper-keeper.
I think de Gea is still the best GL in the league but when it comes to distrubution and sweeping Alisson is probably better. Although DDG came very quickly of his line one time today but Firmino (i think it was him) was offside anyway.

Bwuk

He’s great with the ball at his feet.

But I don’t think he’s all that as a keeper. Decent but nothing special. Nowhere near the best keeper in the world.