Alisson Becker | Budding Target Man

Eplel

Had DDG made a mistake like this some people here would be ready to throw him under the bus.

NinjaZombie

Punched the air when Liverpool beat City
He's a bit overrated isn't he? Makes saves, but how many errors like that has he made in his career?

berbatrick

Renaissance Man
Scout
He was having a great game before that - the save from the second Vini shot was superb, and he had some nice passes too.

SAFMUTD

I remember he feck up really similar against Wolves in the Fa Cup if I'm not mistaken. Glad to see he's became so error prone.

Nero

Makes so many mistakes. There's a legit reason for the Alisson Blunderland moniker.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Already got away with a horrible pass to Foden but that under no pressure was special.

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
Even the best (and he is currently the best) are capable of mistakes and mares. Worth bearing in mind when we're being critical of our own goalkeepers.

VictoriaRed

VAR is killing the game! Allison was just fouled, but they went upstairs when clearly it was a foul; ridiculous.

lex talionis

De Gea made these kinds of mistakes and he got run out of OT without so much as a thank you for his service. Alisson, he may be gotten rid of soon but his club with thank him for his service.

NinjaZombie

Punched the air when Liverpool beat City
Am I the only one who thinks he's not fully to blame for that? If Van Dijk had dealt with that, there wouldn't have been an opportunity for the mess up to happen.

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
You watch a lot of other leagues do you?
It is the same why i always rated our Dave. I don't judge gks by the blunders which they do then and there. Alisson brings points on his own in lots of games. He is also good with the ball and on crosses. Complete goalkeeper.

He is defo in top 5 gks in the world. For me, better than Oblak or Courtoisa but it is just matter of opinion i guess.

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
If as much attention was put on his errors as a United keeper the hype around him would be very different.

mitchmouse

loves to hate United.
Are we sure it was Taibi with a beard? and if Van DIck wasn't so busy trying to foul his man he would have been able to clear it

erikcred

if Van DIck wasn't so busy trying to foul his man he would have been able to clear it
Absolutely. In fact, he didn't try to foul Martinelli. He was busy trying to do his "I'm so cool, I can just brush opposition players off with a nudge and a stern expression".

On the other hand, whenever Alisson does make a proper blunder, it's an amazing one. It's not even like palming the ball into another attacker or something. That's understandable. But every season, he has at least a couple of FIFA-glitch level blunders.

Powderfinger

Supports
Arsenal
He is still an excellent keeper but I think he has been declining and no longer a clear cut best in the world.

With the sweeper/distributor type keeper, its less likely to maintain their absolute top level into their mid-late 30s as it used to be with stay-at-home box dominating keepers of the past. Even Neuer, who aged very well for a sweeper/keeper type, essentially peaked roughly age 25-30 and was merely very good to excellent (as compared to clearly top in the world) during his 30s.

He is signed for a few more years but I wonder whether he might push for a move this summer. Liverpool might entertain offers with Kelleher waiting in the wings.

Oranges038

Am I the only one who thinks he's not fully to blame for that? If Van Dijk had dealt with that, there wouldn't have been an opportunity for the mess up to happen.
He was coming out, VVD was trying to shield it to give him the space, Martinelli gives VVD a little nudge into his path and Allison pulls away, because he doesn't want to go through VVD to clear the ball. Martinelli was very clever with the contact and how he used his body to create that situation.

Winrar

No denying he's a world class keeper, but when he does make mistakes they're absolute howlers. Another example I can think of off the top of my head is his fumbling a pass that led to Real Madrid equalizing in their 2-5 defeat.