All aboard the Rangnick Train

Irwin99

If he can get the attack sorted and keep a good momentum going then his time here could be a success. The defence looks better already and the midfield looks stronger with the extra man. Getting the best out of Ronaldo and Rashford will be key going forward for the rest of the season and I hope he can do it.

Europe and the games in March will be interesting. I'd have absolutely no problem with him adapting a cautious approach with those fixtures.

DSG

How would everyone rate him after what 8 games? I would give him an 8 out of 10. Yeah he has made some mistakes - 4-2-2-2 wasnt working. Subbing Greenwood, Villa collapse, some horrendous football. But in context of the team he inherited what more could he have done. No players in form apart from De Gea. Playing absolutely sht and getting absolutely battered by teams. No confidence. In fighting. Covid. And on and on. Its was as bad as you could possibly get.

He has dropped big names - Rashford, Maguire etc. He has handled the in fighting as best as anyone can. He is handling the want out players - Martial seems a good example. He has changed the system and not too stubborn to see it needs to be changed. He speaks honestly and openly and very clearly knows the game. He has given youth a chance - Elanga. He has even brought back Jones from the dead. We are in fourth place. Seriously what else could he do in 8 games after the state we were in?

Thats not saying there isnt lots of work to do. We are nowhere near the level we want to be at. But for his short time here I say he's been really really good.
Very much an optimistic view.

I truly hope he can turn this around, but I have my doubts. We have a very tough fixture list in March. The continued lack of confidence from key players is worrisome. The results have been better, but save today’s performance, we look like shite on the pitch. Fingers crossed!

5.5/10 for me. I was hoping for a tactical transformation, but that hasn’t happened yet.

KennyBurner

Not yet. If he can relegate Ronaldo to bench duties he might even get the full managerial role.