Television All Of Us Are Dead

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
Anybody else watching this?

Korean zombie show set mostly in school where it becomes ground zero for an outbreak.

I’m 9 episodes in (out of 12) and it is overall pretty decent. It does suffer from some characters making awful choices early on and you just have to frustratingly watch these zombie tropes unfold, but it does find its feet and I’m enjoying it so far.

Last edited:

altodevil

Odds winner of 'Odds or Evens 2023/2024'
I'm 3 in and enjoying it - ducking out now before spoilers.

Big Andy

Bloke
I’m really enjoying it tbh. There is pink cardigan bitch, and the bully who are both deserving of a painful death.

The zombies are fecking ridiculously shit at biting people though, you can just push them away.

lilcurt

Just finished episode 5. Great show so far, just seems to get everything right for the genre, doesn't get bogged down in the personal drama for too long.

AaronRedDevil

Got to episode 10 and I stopped. Just lost interest. Problem is the episodes are too long and have too much filler. 40-45mins would have been the sweet spot. None of the characters interest me other then the fella trying to get to his kid. Even though he's an idiot at times.

Shane88

Actually Nostradamus
I’m really enjoying it tbh. There is pink cardigan bitch, and the bully who are both deserving of a painful death.

The zombies are fecking ridiculously shit at biting people though, you can just push them away.
The bully is such a fecking idiot. Trapped in the kitchen and he kicks the girl out. Well done, you just made another zombie in the room you're locked in.

Norman Brownbutter

ask him about his bath time mishap
On episode 8. Starting to lose interest with the introduction of
super zombies. Ive always hated super zombie shit.

Shane88

Actually Nostradamus
Some of the cliffhangers are hilarious.

Like where the guy gets pushed out the window, we see him do a backflip about 10 feet away the window. Next episode, oh he grabbed the fire hose.

Or when the bully throws the knife and next episode we see it just hit the guy in the back with the handle (that's kinda realistic in fairness)

Norman Brownbutter

ask him about his bath time mishap
Finished it today. What started off well was derailed by shitty writing, too many characters(most of whom are goofy as feck), unrelated or unrealistic filler, improbable dialogue and situations, and in general just another case of people trying to fix what isnt broken in the zombie genre.

The sweet spot for zombie movies, or in this case a tv show, is the outbreak. when its hectic and everything is just reactions. The opening of the outbreak here is done really well, with some bonkers shots showing how the zombies work. One of teacher gets infected and sprints full pelt at a couple of students giving absolutely no fecks about her momentum, the door, or the fact the students can just step out of her way. Which they do, and she runs full speed right in to the wall behind the students. Its that moment that really introduces you to the threat being faced. And its a "holy shit" moment. And it never happens again. For the rest of the show all of the zombies are easily pushed aside other than when the writer decides its time to kill someone off.

By the time I got to the end I was ready for it to be over. It was just weighed down with so much bullshit it was boring. Remove half the characters, the filler, the silly interpersonal "Oh, I think he likes you! Dont you feel better now?" type of nonsense. Cut down the episode order to 8 and you could have a nice tight little zombie show that doesnt go off the rails trying to either reinvent the wheel or branch out into other young adult nonsense. At one point I thought someone was going to start banging on about "things being heightened" and I was ready to put the tv in mouth and jump out the window just to get away from it. Shame really as I did enjoy the first few episodes.

AaronRedDevil

Finished it today. What started off well was derailed by shitty writing, too many characters(most of whom are goofy as feck), unrelated or unrealistic filler, improbable dialogue and situations, and in general just another case of people trying to fix what isnt broken in the zombie genre.

The sweet spot for zombie movies, or in this case a tv show, is the outbreak. when its hectic and everything is just reactions. The opening of the outbreak here is done really well, with some bonkers shots showing how the zombies work. One of teacher gets infected and sprints full pelt at a couple of students giving absolutely no fecks about her momentum, the door, or the fact the students can just step out of her way. Which they do, and she runs full speed right in to the wall behind the students. Its that moment that really introduces you to the threat being faced. And its a "holy shit" moment. And it never happens again. For the rest of the show all of the zombies are easily pushed aside other than when the writer decides its time to kill someone off.

By the time I got to the end I was ready for it to be over. It was just weighed down with so much bullshit it was boring. Remove half the characters, the filler, the silly interpersonal "Oh, I think he likes you! Dont you feel better now?" type of nonsense. Cut down the episode order to 8 and you could have a nice tight little zombie show that doesnt go off the rails trying to either reinvent the wheel or branch out into other young adult nonsense. At one point I thought someone was going to start banging on about "things being heightened" and I was ready to put the tv in mouth and jump out the window just to get away from it. Shame really as I did enjoy the first few episodes.
Yep bang on. Exactly the same for me. Couldn't watch the last two episodes. Can't be arsed. Episodes are too long aswel.

Sylar

It was enjoyable and ok, but didnt need 12 1 hour episodes. It seemed to drag near the end.

The super zombie being given to the evil villain bully made me laugh.Cos of course he would be the one that becomes one (and again, if its mutating, why him and then not others afterwards?)
Anyway,
Glad it wasnt all a happy ending with characters dying. I did agree with the one character who said, stop doing the whole im sacrificing myself for you.
Like the dad in the school tennis court didnt need to do that :lol:

evil_geko

Anyway,
Glad it wasnt all a happy ending with characters dying. I did agree with the one character who said, stop doing the whole im sacrificing myself for you.
Like the dad in the school tennis court didnt need to do that :lol:
He did that because he was already bit though.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Nearly a whole page and nobody asked if there's any Korean cuties in it yet!? the caf is slipping.

altodevil

Odds winner of 'Odds or Evens 2023/2024'
First few episodes were good. Thought they were going to be about survival more than anything. Still enjoyed it though.

Dirty Schwein

Has a 'Best of Britney Spears' album
Supports
Luton Town
Seen 2 episodes. Is this it or does it get better? Don't want to waste a further 10 hours if it stays at this level...

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
Finished it today. It was decent overall but suffered from what others have mentioned.

Does annoy me the inconsistency with how the zombies bite. Every writer seems to suffer from it. The zombies essentially become useless after about 3 episodes and are only threatening again when someone needs to be killed off. They seem to love trying to create tension by having the group improbably surrounded and then having them somehow get out of it. Stop writing your characters into holes if you're just gonna deus ex machina them out. Have a scene where it looks like someone is gonna die and then they actually just fecking die. That would be shocking at this point.

Dirty Schwein

Has a 'Best of Britney Spears' album
Supports
Luton Town
Got to ep5, think I'm going to bow out. Apart from ep3, it's been pretty average.

Big Andy

Bloke
I enjoyed it in a “this is something to watch” way. It annoys me how zombies can’t open doors though.