ALL Ronaldo's future/comments/speculation

Status
Not open for further replies.

BahamaRed

Legend
BR

He's been acting up all around the forum.

He's likely on a countdown on the caf, unless he changes his attitude.
I'm home from work now. Sitting here with my 2 year old grandson on my knee. Trying to get him to say "pillock" but he's having none of it as he tries to bash the daylight out of my keyboard.

lao did bring something up in me regarding long threads. I've found both this and last years Tevez thread to be enlightening as regards posters, their backgrounds and their feelings. The quick responses you get in a long thread like this actually make it entertaining and worthwhile hanging around in. Was just wondering if we couldn't have a regular long thread, not confined to one topic where posters can go to talk about the events of the day, the week, their thoughts on anything......I tend to lose track of what I say in different topics and have to manoeuvre round from forum to forum and new posts which I guess is why over the many years I've been here I've not posted a lot.
I can get into a long thread though. :nervous:

Feedingseagulls

I understand and grasp all of these things, and I know the media are feeding people alot of information, but it doesn't change the fact that Cristiano himself has gone back on his word, even if he does stay. He's non-stop saying "I stay, I stay" before the summer, but he's refusing to say it now. Now he needs to make a "decision". Thats whats annoyed me most. Why pretend he loves the club and wants to stay, if as soon as Madrid come in again he tries to leave?
Ronaldo has never said he has to 'make a decison' as to whether he stays or goes - that phrase is a media comment creation - NOT a quote. Neither has he suggested he wants to go to Madrid this summer - that's another media creation.

As Bergen suggests, you are reading the spin as if that is Ronaldo's position and vilifying him for something that is a figment of someone's imagination rather than something he has actually done.

Tbh. I'm not surprised Bergen is pissed off at the behaviour of all you muppets who can't use discernment when interpreting evidnce, and throw abuse around because of that inability. I don't have a particularly high opinion of you all myself either. :angel:

Feedingseagulls

Has anyone ever actually heard him say that he needs to make a decision? I definitely saw the interview where he said 'I stay', but never anything about making a decision.

Not saying it hasn't happened, but these mysterious interviews seem to have eluded me up to now.
He said he hoped to have news - not that he had a decision to make - the 'decision' idea was a journo's re-interpretation of what Ronaldo said.

Feedingseagulls

Some of you are sayin that Ronnie wont be goin anywhere, as Ronnie hasnt said what his intentions are, so we shouldnt let our minds wander, but why the feck did Fergie, Glazers come out & say that they are prepared to put Ronnie in the stands, thats a very hardline statement & is directed at Ronnie not Real, so obviously they are publicly lettin Ronnie & the football world know that Ronnie's not goin to Real anytime soon!
Displaying a classic inability to read the actual texts surrounding the relevant quotes. ;)

Fergie was directly referring to the Glazers' attitudes to predatory approaches by another club and attempts to unsettle players. They are happy to play hardball and refuse to sell - if they think the other club is taking the proverbial.

The remark is about resisting attempts by another club to sign a player against our wishes.

neno

you compared United to macaroni

you should be banned :p
:nono: He compared us to Spaghetti. :D

Anyways ban this cnut :lol:

Im amazed at how deluded someone like LAO has to be to support both United and Real at the same time. Our philosophies towards everything are the opposite. We develop our players they steal them, we have had 1 manager for almost 22 years while they have had like 22 managers in this last decade. We went through the bombing of OT, The Munich Air Disaster, Relegation, European Ban of English teams and we still are successful while the real maricones always have had it easy getting help from franco and the government. especially when they stole Di Stefano from Barca and when the government overpaid for that land they sold to the gov. and of course matchfixing domestically. Their fans are the opposite from us too, they are total racists, they used to scream monkey to makelele and etoo and they always seem to turn agasint a player when he has a rough patch. They also have huge nasal problems as they always seem to be carrying around white snot rags.

lao

Here we go again... Just so everyone knows.. I didn't know everything about the transfer methods, staff, rumours etc when I was 5-7 years old and started supporting United when I saw Cantona, and Real during my annual Spain visits to sports bars with my father. And after supporting a team for 5-10 years the colors take a while before they fade out. I'm sure many don't know what I'm talking about.

BahamaRed

Legend
Here we go again... Just so everyone knows.. I didn't know everything about the transfer methods, staff, rumours etc when I was 5-7 years old and started supporting United when I saw Cantona, and Real during my annual Spain visits to sports bars with my father. And after supporting a team for 5-10 years the colors take a while before they fade out. I'm sure many don't know what I'm talking about.
lao, you ever been to OT?

reddevilcanada

Joga_Bonito

He’ll play upon, Your naturalistic intuitions…
Many of those complaining about the nature of this thread may not have considered that there are at least two modes of thought being discussed. First there is reality, and then there is the idealized version of reality, and I don't really see a problem with either being explored, to be honest.

As I've said elsewhere, most of us would agree that Ronaldo is certainly thinking about leaving the club. That much is a given. We are also all aware that he hasn't said anything directly, at least not for some time, and it is at this point that the whole affair becomes rather subjective. That doesn't mean that it's pointless to construct a logical scenario, however -- from the evidence that we do have, the relative silence from Ronaldo, as well as the sheer aggressiveness of Madrid's approach -- and to draw inferences from it.

While it may ultimately be sensible for us to wait until the European Championships are concluded, it hardly seems realistic, and in my opinion, there is already enough evidence to reasonably conclude that Ronaldo has been guilty of negligence in his handling of this situation. Of course, reality then bites you on the arse and reminds you that footballers can pretty much do as they wish, but that doesn't mean that we are obliged to accept it.

And even if you choose to distrust the 'message' that Ronaldo supposedly 'put out there' via the Brazilian website (I happen to trust it, personally), his silence, along with the implausibility of Real Madrid going to the lengths that they have without at least some encouragement, means that it is hardly idle chatter to consider that Ronaldo has shown a lack of respect for the club, as well as the fans. We know that he isn't stupid, and I'm not even sure that immaturity is a valid defense, here. In fact, it isn't. A charitable reading of the situation might suggest that he is hopelessly torn between the club that he loves and the club that he has dreamt of playing for, but that still doesn't lessen the anxiety of many of the fans, and at this point it is needlessly cruel to allow the situation to drag out as long as it has.

At the very least it should force one to question whether Ronaldo even believes that United, Sir Alex, and the fans, have all contributed to his rise to the top.

The major complaint that I am detecting concerns the lack of respect for the club in allowing this saga to unfold as it has. I am yet to see a plausible argument that suggests that this situation could not have been handled differently, or that Ronaldo has had little-or-no control over the way that it has played out. Without a plausible defense, it is perfectly reasonable, it seems to me, for fans to feel bemused and upset by the way that the club has been treated. He could have prevented Real Madrid using their well rehearsed bully tactics -- designed to brow beat and embarrass the club in to submission -- for one.

Personally, I'm not the type that worries about that which I have no control, but I know that many do, and it is the United fans that are foremost in my mind, even if some of them are acting like 'drama queens'. Life would be boring without a little drama, would it not?

Joga_Bonito

I hope this is nonsense. It wouldn't surprise me, though.

MANCHESTER UNITED are reeling after FIFA said: We won’t stop Real Madrid tapping up Cristiano Ronaldo.

As the winking winger inspired Portugal to a win over the Czech Republic, a senior FIFA official said: “United’s chances of getting Real punished are zero.”

The Red Devils have already made an official complaint, hoping world soccer’s governing body will stop the Spaniards’ bid to lure Ronaldo from Old Trafford.

SunSport yesterday published pictures of a Real official meeting Ronaldo, 23, in Rome.

But the Spaniards insist no one can prove they have tapped up Ronaldo — and FIFA agree, despite United’s protests.

A member of FIFA’s executive committee told SunSport: “I think everyone knows that these things go on in football but proving any wrongdoing is next to impossible.

“Real are very powerful and I don’t think they’ll be too worried about United’s claims.”

RedSky

Shepherd’s Delight
Scout
How is it nonsense? Real have Fifa under their control. Football is corrupt in Europe and probably in England too. All sports are corrupt and football is no different.

eddafed

petrol,oil,corn,housing, war, nuke 'em all, the end of the world is Nigel,seriously, Nigel will end the world, but , ach, who really gives a feck, get a job!

jatin

there's too much blood in my alcohol system!!
:nono: He compared us to Spaghetti. :D

Anyways ban this cnut :lol:

Im amazed at how deluded someone like LAO has to be to support both United and Real at the same time. Our philosophies towards everything are the opposite. We develop our players they steal them, we have had 1 manager for almost 22 years while they have had like 22 managers in this last decade. We went through the bombing of OT, The Munich Air Disaster, Relegation, European Ban of English teams and we still are successful while the real maricones always have had it easy getting help from franco and the government. especially when they stole Di Stefano from Barca and when the government overpaid for that land they sold to the gov. and of course matchfixing domestically. Their fans are the opposite from us too, they are total racists, they used to scream monkey to makelele and etoo and they always seem to turn agasint a player when he has a rough patch. They also have huge nasal problems as they always seem to be carrying around white snot rags.
yep couldn't agree more

Joga_Bonito

How is it nonsense? Real have Fifa under their control. Football is corrupt in Europe and probably in England too. All sports are corrupt and football is no different.
The fact that it's in the Sun newspaper should mean that we are cautious, as well as the lack of direct quotes.

I don't disagree with the spirit of what you have said, although I wouldn't accuse anyone of corruption without serious evidence.

I don't expect Real Madrid to be severely punished, but alluding to what BahamaRed said, I was hoping that a guilty charge, as well as a small fine, would at least make it more difficult for them to continue with these kind of tactics in the future.

It certainly wouldn't surprise me if nothing came of this, though.

jatin

there's too much blood in my alcohol system!!
could you explain to me how does the color white fade out ??????:confused:

Nick 0208 Ldn

News 24
So whats he going to say? "I want a transfer"? So what - its what his Club wants that matters. The statement I am waiting for is from MUFC. It will either be "he is staying" or "he is going". :nono:
Whoa, where did that come from? That was supposed to be a partially light hearted post. lol

We as supporters and the club are in the same boat on this one, we're both waiting on Ronaldo to definitive as to his immediate future.

And if Real had their way, yeah, i'm sure he'd be saying that.

Let's have no doubt here, our plans and the overall stability of the club let alone things like imagine and perception, do not appear to be a top priority for our Ronnie.

Nick 0208 Ldn

News 24
Great post and all

Now i don't want ronaldo to leave just like the rest of us, but this is the part that as a normal person strikes me

you chose to leave england for sunnie climes, so what is wrong if someone else wishes to do the same?

i bet if it was fletcher no one would mind, so if i am player shouldn't i think that fans are fickle and don't treat me with enough respect, if i performed poorly they wouldn't give a shit if i went but if i play well they want me here for an eternity even if they themselves move to "sunnier climes"

the united fan in me wants ronnie to stay but as a normal person i don't think it is a sin or judas or whatever you wanna call it

maybe i am wrong, i dunno
For my part and a fair few others i am sure, it is not if ti comes to it, his leaving that has annoyed/disappointed me so. It is how he has handled it all, knowingly dragged the whole damn mess on for weeks and weeks to boot.

Let me ask you something. You cited Fletcher in your post and you have no doubt formed some impression of him as a person and his character. Say he did want away from United, would you think it his nature to act similarly to Ronaldo? Is that what you would envisage him doing in such a circumstance?

Personally speaking, that is not my initial reaction of Fletcher, though of course i could be proven to be wrong in holding this belief one day. I'd rather nto but you never know.

Feedingseagulls

Many of those complaining about the nature of this thread may not have considered that there are at least two modes of thought being discussed. First there is reality, and then there is the idealized version of reality, and I don't really see a problem with either being explored, to be honest.
Neither do I - but I don't think either play much of a part in this thread tbh.

Feedingseagulls

Don't need to know that badly.
My brief version then...

I'm sure there is substance to the stories that Madrid are mounting a campaign to try and unsettle him - also that they would be happy to sign him and make him a big salary offer.

I think Ronaldo is considering this possibility as an option - particularly if the hoped-for improvement in his current situation doesn't happen. I reckon he thinks his performances this year have made him worth a bit more and he's probably right.

It's just that when you evaluate his actual statements the possibility of him moving seems less prominent in his mind than staying - moving, he seems to repeat, would be up to decisions made by others. So I reckon he'd definitely prefer to stay - for me to describe someone as 'seriously' contemplating a move 'this summer' he'd need to be more inclined towards a move now than he is indicating. To describe him as definitely 'wanting' a move this summer would be a major misrepresentation of the evidence.

Ok, Sults?
I reckon he fully intend(s)ed to stay - he was expecting news on a contract/image rights change his agent was sorting out - and expected to be able to announce this. This was meant to be the news.

Due to something or other it wasn't sorted out in time - so now we are in a 'no news' situation.

It is certainly true he wouldn't mind playing for RM at some time in the future (this was also a dream of his as a youngster) - he cannot (and does not wish to) 'blow them off' permanently - and needs to leave more current options open as a bargaining chip, since his expected agreements have not yet happened.

IMO. :angel:

BahamaRed

Legend
My brief version then...

I reckon he fully intend(s)ed to stay - he was expecting news on a contract/image rights change his agent was sorting out - and expected to be able to announce this. This was meant to be the news.

Due to something or other it wasn't sorted out in time - so now we are in a 'no news' situation.

It is certainly true he wouldn't mind playing for RM at some time in the future (this was also a dream of his as a youngster) - he cannot (and does not wish to) 'blow them off' permanently - and needs to leave more current options open as a bargaining chip, since his expected agreements have not yet happened.

IMO. :angel:
Amazing. We're on the same page.

Status
Not open for further replies.