All ticket/travel information thread - 2023/24 edition - Please be careful purchasing tickets

TheHeya

Surprise surprise unsuccessful in the Liverpool ballot. Do we know how they do these ballots? Is it really random?

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Surprise surprise unsuccessful in the Liverpool ballot. Do we know how they do these ballots? Is it really random?
It's just a numbers game with tiny odds.
Maybe 50,000 season ticket holders, 3,000 away fans, 10,000 tickets for corporate/players/press type stuff, so maybe 12,000 tickets max to get balloted out across 100s of thousands of applications.

SNoor

Just had success email!

First time I've applied in ballot and managed to get 2 tickets in NE3417 for Liverpool game.

Adam89

It's just a numbers game with tiny odds.
Maybe 50,000 season ticket holders, 3,000 away fans, 10,000 tickets for corporate/players/press type stuff, so maybe 12,000 tickets max to get balloted out across 100s of thousands of applications.
Have the club ever indicated just how many memberships there are? Hard to figure if we've a 1 in 10 or 1 in 100 shot at these things. No luck for me this time around.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Have the club ever indicated just how many memberships there are? Hard to figure if we've a 1 in 10 or 1 in 100 shot at these things. No luck for me this time around.
It's not in their interests to as people wouldn't bother with memberships.

Whatsername

Just to give an indication, going back around five years I got an email after being unsuccessful in a ballot (obviously one of the usual ballot games) and it‘s stuck in my mind that it said they’d had over 20000 applications for tickets. I didn’t think that sounded very many, when we had memberships I’d apply for two tickets together and we didn’t have much luck getting them.

I‘m not sure that knowing how many members there are would be of any help anyway, I suppose quite a number will be overseas and will probably never go to a game but they buy membership as a way of having a connection to Utd.

SNoor

Can non season ticket holders forward tickets ?

So could I forward any standard tickets I've managed to bag ?

Or if was to give one of the ballot tickets I've been given to a different member ?

Asking as I can select forward ticket but says can only do with a strong link, even though I have some...

Robin

Or if was to give one of the ballot tickets I've been given to a different member ?

Asking as I can select forward ticket but says can only do with a strong link, even though I have some...
I’m not sure a member can transfer a ticket in the same manner as a season ticket holder. The thinking behind it is a season ticket holder would be able to go to most games but possibly not all so should be allowed to transfer a ticket. Now with a member United‘s thinking would be that a member will and should only apply for a game that they are likely to attend so transferring the ticket isn’t an option. However if you haven’t already downloaded it from the email you could simply forward the email to your friend. Or even forward a screenshot of the ticket.

SNoor

I’m not sure a member can transfer a ticket in the same manner as a season ticket holder. The thinking behind it is a season ticket holder would be able to go to most games but possibly not all so should be allowed to transfer a ticket. Now with a member United‘s thinking would be that a member will and should only apply for a game that they are likely to attend so transferring the ticket isn’t an option. However if you haven’t already downloaded it from the email you could simply forward the email to your friend. Or even forward a screenshot of the ticket.
Yeah that does make sense actually, thanks.

Red00012

Just had success email!

First time I've applied in ballot and managed to get 2 tickets in NE3417 for Liverpool game.

what’s going on here......

SNoor

Well I'm not sure what you are asking or suggesting?

Managed to get 2 tickets for me and a family member and wondered if one of them could be re assigned to a different family member, hence the Strong link.

Thanks.

Winston Smooth

Is being added as a friend and being forwarded a ticket through the official site the only fool proof way of getting a ticket?
I got scammed a couple of weeks back and I want to avoid it happening again.

NextSeason

From the banks of the Irwell, to Sicily..

I didn't think members could but you can according to this post here.

They're clearly trying to forward tickets for a match like dozens have in this thread - not sure what your issue is.

Is being added as a friend and being forwarded a ticket through the official site the only fool proof way of getting a ticket?
Sorry to hear you got scammed. Without a season ticket, the official way to get tickets is getting a membership and trying your luck on the ticket site or applying in ballots. The alternative way is having tickets forwarded to you by existing ticket holders but you'll obviously want to be sure they are not scammers (e.g. someone you know or posters on here which can be voucher for).

Rood

nostradamus like gloater
Scout
What happened exactly? where did you buy from?
Could be useful info for others to avoid the same

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach

They're clearly trying to forward tickets for a match like dozens have in this thread - not sure what your issue is.

Sorry to hear you got scammed. Without a season ticket, the official way to get tickets is getting a membership and trying your luck on the ticket site or applying in ballots. The alternative way is having tickets forwarded to you by existing ticket holders but you'll obviously want to be sure they are not scammers (e.g. someone you know or posters on here which can be voucher for).
Take it easy on the fella.
He can't have been the only one who thought hang on, a guy gets 2 tickets for Liverpool, then is immediately trying to shift them on? :lol:

SNoor

Thanks yeah didn't think anything was wrong, he maybe thinking I'm a tout, it's not like I'm them offering here and for above value...

I am glad to be successful in the ballot, for me and brother as a members, now that they are in my purchases was wondering if can forward or replace the name on one of em so can give another family member the opportunity to go.

I can definitely click "forward" and it says I can do so if they are strong links...but cant then select new created link.

Will ring office on Monday..

Red00012

Well I'm not sure what you are asking or suggesting?

Managed to get 2 tickets for me and a family member and wondered if one of them could be re assigned to a different family member, hence the Strong link.

Thanks.

A guy applies for 2 tickets to the Liverpool ticket and he wants to move on the 2nd ticket immediately :lol:

NextSeason

From the banks of the Irwell, to Sicily..
Take it easy on the fella.
He can't have been the only one who thought hang on, a guy gets 2 tickets for Liverpool, then is immediately trying to shift them on? :lol:
Equally, take it easy on the OP of the forwarding query! I get people are gutted in here for not being successful in the Liverpool ballot but personally don't think it's fair to start openly insinuating other posters are up to no good without any type of evidence to back it up. I don't see why it couldn't be a genuine reason to have to forward a Liverpool, even so close after the ballot, but either way it's none of my business.

Perhaps I should just get used to the fact that we now live in a society where it's more common to try and find the bad in people rather than the good. :rolleyes:

Robin

Thanks yeah didn't think anything was wrong, he maybe thinking I'm a tout, it's not like I'm them offering here and for above value...

I am glad to be successful in the ballot, for me and brother as a members, now that they are in my purchases was wondering if can forward or replace the name on one of em so can give another family member the opportunity to go.

I can definitely click "forward" and it says I can do so if they are strong links...but cant then select new created link.

If it’s a family member just download both the QR codes onto the same phone and go in together, I’ve done that with my 3 family tickets, it hasnt been a problem so far , the only time I can foresee a problem is if one of them is drunk, causes trouble or draws attention to themselves.

Winston Smooth

Thanks. Yeah I'm a member already but since Ronaldo signed there is very little movement on the official site. I was talking more about buying from social media. Obviously there is always going to be risk that way so I wanted to know if the forwarding method was the only way that you can't be scammed because at then at least I'll know to only do that.
What happened exactly? where did you buy from?
Could be useful info for others to avoid the same
It was just some prat on Twitter. Claimed he had seats in the home end for West Ham but didn't deliver after he got his money. I naively thought his almost 2k followers would mean he was more likely to be legitimate but he's scammed loads of people. Twitter blocks him for a day then he carries on :rolleyes:

Reactions: Rood

SNoor

A guy applies for 2 tickets to the Liverpool ticket and he wants to move on the 2nd ticket immediately :lol:
Is that ok ? Have I tried offering them here ? I'm simply asking fellow reds on advice on the ticketing system...which as it seems is chaotic and confusing.

If you dont have anything to add I suggest you keep your assumptions to your self..

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Equally, take it easy on the OP of the forwarding query! I get people are gutted in here for not being successful in the Liverpool ballot but personally don't think it's fair to start openly insinuating other posters are up to no good without any type of evidence to back it up. I don't see why it couldn't be a genuine reason to have to forward a Liverpool, even so close after the ballot, but either way it's none of my business.

Perhaps I should just get used to the fact that we now live in a society where it's more common to try and find the bad in people rather than the good. :rolleyes:
Of course, seems fairly innocent and in fairness he doesn't need to do anything as he's still going. Just see the new person through on the same phone/or print tickets etc.
But I can see why it was asked :)

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach

You don't need to do anything pal. You're still going. They don't check IDs.

Just either print both tickets off, and give your new family member the second one, or just go through on your single phone with both.Easy.

RV27

Hi all, new here, also looking for 2 spares for Leicester away if anyone can help. Unsuccessful in the ballot yet again

Rood

nostradamus like gloater
Scout
A lot of Newbies appearing with frankly ridiculous ticket requests !

Don't waste your time asking for high demand tickets like Liverpool/City/Aways - even for long time posters with something to offer it's extremely unlikely

Robin

A lot of Newbies appearing with frankly ridiculous ticket requests !

Don't waste your time asking for high demand tickets like Liverpool/City/Aways - even for long time posters with something to offer it's extremely unlikely
I would think that 99% of people who apply for away tickets do so because they want to go, if you are not in the loyalty pot, which I was once in, you will if you are lucky get about 4 successes in the league. More likely to get cup aways with the allocation being higher. The 1% are the touts and they are going to cost you a fortune or at best a kidney.

Utd heap

Models for Coin.
I would think that 99% of people who apply for away tickets do so because they want to go, if you are not in the loyalty pot, which I was once in, you will if you are lucky get about 4 successes in the league. More likely to get cup aways with the allocation being higher. The 1% are the touts and they are going to cost you a fortune or at best a kidney.
Sure, but plans change. I've picked up the majority of my away tickets over the years outside the ground/nearby pubs.

Where you wont get them? Randomly off a stranger on RedCafe.