All ticket/travel information thread - 2023/24 edition - Please be careful purchasing tickets

Red00012

"My Tickets" has just appeared in my app and the Liverpool ticket is there. Hopefully it's there for everyone now.
On the email it says to download and it’ll work without Internet connection on Sunday. I downloaded it and turned off my internet to see would it work. The ticket wouldn’t load:rolleyes:

Whatsername

On the email it says to download and it’ll work without Internet connection on Sunday. I downloaded it and turned off my internet to see would it work. The ticket wouldn’t load:rolleyes:
I wondered about that as I have trouble using the app to check team news when we‘re outside the ground if internet is needed I won’t have a chance.

hp88

Went into Airplane mode and I can still access mine, screenshot no longer work though, guessing it’s going to drive up membership sales for next season.

Fletchageddon

Surely nothing stopping you just giving your mate your password and letting them log in on their phone?

maybethisyear

When I click My Tickets in the app it just brings me out of the app and to the internet browser membership page not anything in the app.

I have one ticket for the FA Cup but looking for one or two more if any becomes available, we have memberships, thanks!

Okey

anyone with ideas of when the rearranged Sheff Utd game will be? Or when we are likely to find out?
Literally no way to know just yet. All our weekends are taken, so it could be any midweek after the Liverpool league game. Remember the Newcastle game suffers the same fate if we beat Liverpool on Sunday.

TenOuttaTenHag

Literally no way to know just yet. All our weekends are taken, so it could be any midweek after the Liverpool league game. Remember the Newcastle game suffers the same fate if we beat Liverpool on Sunday.
Cheers pal.

K Stand Knut

I think you have to press the screen again where it says ‘Up Next’.

I was a bit concerned initially but mine worked at the weekend with no issues and no Internet because I was at

Surely nothing stopping you just giving your mate your password and letting them log in on their phone?
This is what I did at the weekend when I needed a second ticket and what I’ll do moving forwardz

I can’t forward tickets at the moment because TRA don’t allow it

mav_9me

Ah right got you. And yes, ballot will pretty much give you any normal prices ticket - not hosp.
Ended up contacting United hospitality, and they got me the tickets. Expensive but worth it for me as this is my first ever match.

Question. Best way to get back to London from Manchester Sunday evening? Google says train, Avanti west coast from Manchester Piccadilly to Euston. Sounds about right? Should be able to make it to 730pm train right?

Thanks for any replies.

Utd heap

Models for Coin.
Ended up contacting United hospitality, and they got me the tickets. Expensive but worth it for me as this is my first ever match.

Question. Best way to get back to London from Manchester Sunday evening? Google says train, Avanti west coast from Manchester Piccadilly to Euston. Sounds about right? Should be able to make it to 730pm train right?

Thanks for any replies.
That's the simplest method yes. Assuming we don't go to ET and pens 7.30pm will be no problem. You can get back to central Manc in 45 mins walking, or theoretically quicker using the tram but expect queues if leaving right on FT.

mav_9me

That's the simplest method yes. Assuming we don't go to ET and pens 7.30pm will be no problem. You can get back to central Manc in 45 mins walking, or theoretically quicker using the tram but expect queues if leaving right on FT.
Thanks again.

If things get late, is Uber or Lyft or taxi an option?

Foolsgold21

Thanks for any replies.
There are also a load of buses which go to Piccadilly gardens, which is only a short walk from the train station.

£3 each from outside the Ford Garage on Chester Road.

Red00012

Ballot results are out for Liverpool
2/2 for both of the Liverpool ballots.
Thats my luck for the next 12 months over and done with.

maybethisyear

Ballot results are out for Liverpool
2/2 for both of the Liverpool ballots.
Thats my luck for the next 12 months over and done with.
I didn't get either of them. I was looking for three tickets. Perhaps if I limited it to two I would have a better chance.

Managed to get one for FA Cup that cropped up so I'm going on my own.

Anything else that pops up now seems to be just premium or hospitality

Robin

I don't think my wife's and son's 5k time is good enough
If you do the tram option make your way to the Salford Quays stop , the Wharfside tram only goes as far as Deansgate, most people get the tram from Exchange Square and it’s packed , Salford Quays is the stop before and is the same distance from the ground but you are getting on before the rabble, it goes to Piccadilly station

K Stand Knut

If you do the tram option make your way to the Salford Quays stop , the Wharfside tram only goes as far as Deansgate, most people get the tram from Exchange Square and it’s packed , Salford Quays is the stop before and is the same distance from the ground but you are getting on before the rabble, it goes to Piccadilly station
Alternatively, without knowing your London train time, you could go towards Altrincham and get the train from Altrincham to Stockport and then the train to London.

You’d obviously just need to check the train times from Altrincham. Apologies if this isn’t helpful but just a potential other option.

my thought process is that you will almost guarantee to be on the first tram from Trafford Bar (NOT Old Trafford) towards Altrincham.

NovaREd

I am coming in from Canada to see United vs Newcastle Apr 20 but what are the chances this is moved? Looking at last year FA Cup Qtr. final United won against Fulham on March 19 and then played the semi final Apr 23 . If United win (of course they will) how soon do we find out the Semi final date ?

cbmufc

I am coming in from Canada to see United vs Newcastle Apr 20 but what are the chances this is moved? Looking at last year FA Cup Qtr. final United won against Fulham on March 19 and then played the semi final Apr 23 . If United win (of course they will) how soon do we find out the Semi final date ?
If Newcastle or United win this weekend it will get moved to a midweek.

NovaREd

If Newcastle or United win this weekend it will get moved to a midweek.
Thanks cbmufc

Do you think the Mid week before (Apr 16,17,18) or Mid Week After (Apr 23,24,25) or mid week May? Its not something I have ever kept track of how it worked before . Really appreciate the info

cbmufc

Thanks cbmufc

Do you think the Mid week before (Apr 16,17,18) or Mid Week After (Apr 23,24,25) or mid week May? Its not something I have ever kept track of how it worked before . Really appreciate the info
Difficult to say I'm afraid, we will know more after this weekend. I would expect a prompt announcement next week.

April 16/17
April 23/24
April 30/31
May 7/8
May 14/15

Are all open weekdays. city will be home in the champions league on April 17, so it won't be then. If they win, they will then be home on the 7/8. 30/31 april is a champions league night and I know generally domestic games don't go up against european ones (uefa rules) - but they could still do so by manipulating the kick off time

One of those midweeks one will be the Sheffield United as well. If I was to have a guess, I reckon the last midweek (May 14/15) is nailed on for one of those two games, and probably the 23/24th April. Truth of the matter is though unfortunately we don't know for sure - and as you're travelling I would hold off till this weekend shakes out.

mav_9me

Looking at the tram map this seems to be an excellent idea.

davegk

Weekend of 23rd/24th March is free for both teams.

NovaREd

Difficult to say I'm afraid, we will know more after this weekend. I would expect a prompt announcement next week.

April 16/17
April 23/24
April 30/31
May 7/8
May 14/15

Are all open weekdays. city will be home in the champions league on April 17, so it won't be then. If they win, they will then be home on the 7/8. 30/31 april is a champions league night and I know generally domestic games don't go up against european ones (uefa rules) - but they could still do so by manipulating the kick off time

One of those midweeks one will be the Sheffield United as well. If I was to have a guess, I reckon the last midweek (May 14/15) is nailed on for one of those two games, and probably the 23/24th April. Truth of the matter is though unfortunately we don't know for sure - and as you're travelling I would hold off till this weekend shakes out.
Thanks for the input cbmufc , lets see what happens this weekend

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.
When do we expect April fixtures to be confirmed? With FA Cup semifinal Newcastle game will now have to move but I was wondering whether Burnley game will go ahead on Saturday as planned.

cbmufc

When do we expect April fixtures to be confirmed? With FA Cup semifinal Newcastle game will now have to move but I was wondering whether Burnley game will go ahead on Saturday as planned.
Will be that weekend 100%, whether its saturday or sunday needs to be confirmed. Ideally this week

Looks to be better options for TV (Spurs - Arsenal obviously, West Ham - Liverpool, Everton- Brentford, Forest - City, Villa- Chelsea) so fingers crossed it's a saturday 3pm

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.
Will be that weekend 100%, whether its saturday or sunday needs to be confirmed. Ideally this week

Looks to be better options for TV (Spurs - Arsenal obviously, West Ham - Liverpool, Everton- Brentford, Forest - City, Villa- Chelsea) so fingers crossed it's a saturday 3pm
Good. Ideally I want to travel for a weekend, arriving on Friday evening and returning to Poland on Monday morning, so I could catch United game on Saturday and travel for another PL game on Sunday. My only concern before booking flights is that the game could potentially move to Monday, in which case my Monday flights would need to be rescheduled. That happened to me several years back when I had tickets for Stoke game which got moved to Monday, so instead of returning to Krakow from Manchester on Monday morning I had to reschedule and fly back to Warsaw on Tuesday morning. :lol:

TheHeya

I have a pair for Liverpool at home in the Stretford end. Looking to trade or do a deal to swap for a pair for Wembley. Worth a shot!

eugegall

The night we beat Liverpool I got the email saying my season ticket did not qualify for the semi final ballot because I did not opt into all cup competitions.

But I did... Really confused.

Anyone else had this?

Ober tan

The night we beat Liverpool I got the email saying my season ticket did not qualify for the semi final ballot because I did not opt into all cup competitions.

But I did... Really confused.

Anyone else had this?
Did you buy all cup games and not sell any back to the club?