All ticket/travel information thread - 2023/24 edition - Please be careful purchasing tickets

ovoxo

Yeah, no tickets left for Brighton or Palace at home. Plenty of tickets for the cup game though.

Ludens the Red

Yeah same here. Surely there has to be a better way for United to do this. This new style is a farce. It wasn't like this a few years ago. Felt so much smoother and easier then.
There’s literally nothing this club can get right :lol:
who’s idea was it to come up with this astonishing shite system. Took till 1050 to get in and then the game I wanted wasn’t even there.

Cantona in disguise

I would say keep checking a few days before the game if you’re able to travel on short notice. I noticed a lot of tickets for the Forest game pop up a week prior to the game.
Thanks mate yeah should be able to as long as I can nab a pair the lad is too young to sit on his own yet. He wouldn't care but I do :lol:

Ober tan

Anyone got a good route back from Munich on the Thursday? Best I’m seeing is around 180.

Robin

Have any season ticket holders had their Palace cup payments processed yet, we have always had a 25% discount for the league cup, has that been applied this season or not ?

DanNistelrooy

Lineup Prediction & Last Man Standing winner 2017
Have any season ticket holders had their Palace cup payments processed yet, we have always had a 25% discount for the league cup, has that been applied this season or not ?
I've got £78 pending in my account which I assume (hope) is for Galatasaray, nothing for the Palace cup game yet. No way of confirming at the moment as can't get into the online account

Okey

I've got £78 pending in my account which I assume (hope) is for Galatasaray, nothing for the Palace cup game yet. No way of confirming at the moment as can't get into the online account
They're gonna charge us 78 quid for champions league games?!

DanNistelrooy

They're gonna charge us 78 quid for champions league games?!
Sorry should've specified - that's for 2 tickets so £39 each - which is more than what I pay per game usually which is why I'm hoping its for the CL as opposed to League Cup

philipos

probably too close for them to do it, and with Octoberfest being on, flights and hotels are ridiculous, I found one option doing it myself for £270 but was flying to basel, hotel there, 5 hour bus, stay in munich couple nights in a crap airbnb, then fly from stuttgart, and that is booking it now without a ticket, which might not even get, only having 1 credit.
I managed to book return flights from Gatwick for £180 and a hotel for £195 - did it first thing on Saturday morning. It’s much more than for Copenhagen or Istanbul but hopefully worth it to experience the Allianz Arena.

hughesie7

I managed to book return flights from Gatwick for £180 and a hotel for £195 - did it first thing on Saturday morning. It’s much more than for Copenhagen or Istanbul but hopefully worth it to experience the Allianz Arena.
I did it first thing Saturday morning too. £185 for returns. Travelling alone this time So just doing hostel for £45 as hotels were stupid money.
In comparison got Copenhagen flights for £46 return

Robin

Sorry should've specified - that's for 2 tickets so £39 each - which is more than what I pay per game usually which is why I'm hoping its for the CL as opposed to League Cup
£39 is what you should be paying if you are in the East or West stands, gone up from £37 last season, the price for Champions league group stage games are the same as league games, I’m still hoping the league cup is discounted

declanrobinson1

Whats the Changes of Munich away Going to 1 credit?
there’s 3,900 on 2+ so as someone said above it will go to one. How many at 1+ is anyone’s guess.

Flights prohibitively expensive potentially for some (unless you sorted sat/Sunday in my view)

Robbo*

Does anyone know when Munich away tickets will be open for purchase (assuming system is same as last year)?

Rooney24

Does anyone know when Munich away tickets will be open for purchase (assuming system is same as last year)?
From the website:

10am Thursday 7th September: 3+ European away credits (all guaranteed a ticket).

10am Friday 8th September: 2+ European away credits (subject to availability).

10am Saturday 9th September: 1+ European away credits (subject to availability).

10am Monday 11th September: 0 European away credits (a minimum of 5% of the overall allocation will be held as requested by our Fans’ Forum, exclusively for those with zero credits).

Andy_Cole

From the website:

10am Thursday 7th September: 3+ European away credits (all guaranteed a ticket).

10am Saturday 9th September: 1+ European away credits (subject to availability).

10am Monday 11th September: 0 European away credits (a minimum of 5% of the overall allocation will be held as requested by our Fans’ Forum, exclusively for those with zero credits).
Does anyone know when Euro credits expire? Last game I went to was Atletico away. Wish I went last year to Barca but I couldn’t even though United offered me a ticket.

Never mind still showing on my account.

Leon Tallis

Yes, pal. £40 instead of £53.

Rooney24

Does anyone know when Euro credits expire? Last game I went to was Atletico away. Wish I went last year to Barca but I couldn’t even though United offered me a ticket.

Never mind still showing on my account.
they roll for three years the you lose them.

philipos

One ticket available for Palace cup match in South Stand at face value - members only

DanNistelrooy

£39 is what you should be paying if you are in the East or West stands, gone up from £37 last season, the price for Champions league group stage games are the same as league games, I’m still hoping the league cup is discounted
I'd completely erased the price increase from memory, you're right though as in Stretford End upper. I've also just had 2 x £29 tickets for the Palace game so discount still there. Just pray for an away draw in the next round if we get through, it's taking the piss at this stage

benstanway99

Anyone got a good route back from Munich on the Thursday? Best I’m seeing is around 180.

Stuttgart is not too far:

A transfer through Amsterdam on Thursday £104
A transfer through Barcelona for a day, if you fancy a day trip ;) £57

Direct flight on Friday from Munich to Manchester £70, if you can wait an extra day, can get a cheap booking.com / airbnb for less than £80 and get an extra day in Munich

A crazy option but a lot cheaper if you are desperate to get back on Thursday, 6 hour flixbus is up to £40 to Basel Airport (technically in France not Switzerland) a flight at 21:50 is £30

Another crazy option, 6 hour bus to Prague, earlier flight at 15:55 to Manchester is £42.

Look on Skyscanner is loads of different options. Look for alternate German airports or Austria or Czech and Switzerland/France is not too far from Munich if you are willing to travel.
Yeah thats alright if you have the option of london airports, I'm in Cheshire, so best bet for me is always Manchester only 20 minutes away, and I get free parking there. To get to anywhere else Liverpool or Birmingham isn't too bad, but London is a no go unless it is massive savings, as would have to get transport there or petrol plus parking, which is going to be over £100 no matter how u do it and the extra time to incorporate.

Reactions: Jippy

benstanway99

Anyone else flying from Manchester to Istanbul on Monday 27th @ 14:05 with Pegasus? Going on my own so would be good have some drinks at the airport before hand etc.

Ober tan

Stuttgart is not too far:

A transfer through Amsterdam on Thursday £104
A transfer through Barcelona for a day, if you fancy a day trip ;) £57

Direct flight on Friday from Munich to Manchester £70, if you can wait an extra day, can get a cheap booking.com / airbnb for less than £80 and get an extra day in Munich

A crazy option but a lot cheaper if you are desperate to get back on Thursday, 6 hour flixbus is up to £40 to Basel Airport (technically in France not Switzerland) a flight at 21:50 is £30

Another crazy option, 6 hour bus to Prague, earlier flight at 15:55 to Manchester is £42.

Look on Skyscanner is loads of different options. Look for alternate German airports or Austria or Czech and Switzerland/France is not too far from Munich if you are willing to travel.

Yeah thats alright if you have the option of london airports, I'm in Cheshire, so best bet for me is always Manchester only 20 minutes away, and I get free parking there. To get to anywhere else Liverpool or Birmingham isn't too bad, but London is a no go unless it is massive savings, as would have to get transport there or petrol plus parking, which is going to be over £100 no matter how u do it and the extra time to incorporate.
Good info mate cheers.

tentan

Poor man's poster.
Hey guys I'm thinking of going to a United game at OT for the first time.

A question

In terms of parking, could I park at Trafford Centre shopping then take a uber to OT? Then after the game another uber back to Trafford centre? I don't think I want to park too close to the stadium because of traffic etc.

Ober tan

A question

In terms of parking, could I park at Trafford Centre shopping then take a uber to OT? Then after the game another uber back to Trafford centre? I don't think I want to park too close to the stadium because of traffic etc.
You could yeah, i'd look at getting the tram instead of an uber. There's a tram stop at trafford centre, get the one towards Deansgate-Castlefield and get off at Wharfside which is round the corner from ground.

benstanway99

A question

I tend to park on trafford park, the further back you park, the less traffic, so yeah trafford centre would be a good idea, just the trams are rammed going back that way and also uber is just going to be as bad traffic as you driving, best bet would be trafford park IMO. Its a sort of middle ground, usually in traffic for no more than 10 minutes, depending which direction you go afterwards, you're straight on the motorway and moving at normal speed. cost £5.2 for the street parking.

Merk78

You could yeah, i'd look at getting the tram instead of an uber. There's a tram stop at trafford centre, get the one towards Deansgate-Castlefield and get off at Wharfside which is round the corner from ground.
This, tram would be far easier than fannying about with Uber.

benstanway99

it's all on credits, so you don't apply it's just if you are eligble for the certain criteria it is first come first serve: