All time British/Irish fantasy draft, Q-F: Edgar Vs Annah

Based on the players' peak, who will win this match?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Balu

Der Fußballgott
Supports
Bayern Munich
Swedish managers in British football just don't work guys, accept it. A quarter final exit is very fitting, just like it was from 2002 to 2006 for England.

antohan

gets aroused by tagline boobs
Annah, you are letting your players down.

Keano said:
Annah, you're a plonker … you're a fecking wanker. I didn't rate you as an auction bidder, I don't rate you as a manager, and I don't rate you as a person. You're a fecking wanker and you can stick your Win or Lose overruling up your arse. So long as there's a chance to Win, you should pursue it. The only reason I have any dealings with you is that somehow you are the manager of my draft team! You can stick it up your bollocks, we are shooting penos, whether you like it or not.
:keano:

Annahnomoss

Swedish managers in British football just don't work guys, accept it. A quarter final exit is very fitting, just like it was from 2002 to 2006 for England.
:lol: I have to agree with the German. Quarter final sounds fitting.

antohan

Waiting for Annah's penos. Worst case someone could stand in and impersonate Keano the player-manager.

Anyone up for it?

antohan

Boooo... @Annahnomoss is like the stroppy kid who takes his football home (please tell me that's not just a South American thing).

I don't get it really, only six months ago he couldn't be arsed to play a final so we finished a draft with no one winning it. The one thing I hate about drafts is how upset I get at letting my boys down... Nope, not here. Weird Swede.

@Lynk you could do with the risk-free practice
@Joga Bonito you should still be in this as far as enthusiasm goes
@Barney you know you want to manage George Best
@harms still burnt out?
@crappycraperson we could do with you getting really interested and stuck in so we finish this draft before XMAS, there's no better way!

FCFS

Skizzo

Boooo... @Annahnomoss is like the stroppy kid who takes his football home (please tell me that's not just a South American thing).

I don't get it really, only six months ago he couldn't be arsed to play a final so we finished a draft with no one winning it. The one thing I hate about drafts is how upset I get at letting my boys down... Nope, not here. Weird Swede.

@Lynk you could do with the risk-free practice
@Joga Bonito you should still be in this as far as enthusiasm goes
@Barney you know you want to manage George Best
@harms still burnt out?
@crappycraperson we could do with you getting really interested and stuck in so we finish this draft before XMAS, there's no better way!

FCFS
:lol:

Chesterlestreet

Man of the crowd
After having waited in the tunnel for two days before being allowed on to the pitch, the players have now sat around for hours, freezing their bollocks off (ALL these matches are played on a rainy night in Stoke, of course), not knowing whether the match will ever be decided.

Chesterlestreet

Man of the crowd
Nah, I would have loved a win, but not in this fashion. A penos loss would have been more acceptable than this.

I'll sleep well tonight. Whatever happens happens. You have my penos anyway!
If Annah doesn't show up for the pens you have to take the win like a man and move on - we can't have both managers insisting on a noble defeat here!

antohan

If Annah doesn't show up for the pens you have to take the win like a man and move on - we can't have both managers insisting on a noble defeat here!
Annah won't show up, he is stubborn like that when he sets his mind on something. It grates me that managers so happily discard their players, where's the love? FFS!

Any takers? You couldn't ask for a better roadmap to the final!

Chesterlestreet

Man of the crowd
Well, I'd call this one over and done with. Edgar wins and his team is the first to secure a place in the semi-finals.

@crappycraperson - you're still in this thing, no?

Chesterlestreet

Man of the crowd
What's the rush? Plenty of games to go before upgrades/draw.
No rush. But you said yourself that Annah won't change his mind. And we can't replace him with another manager - that would be plain ridiculous in my opinion. Edgar won the match, technically speaking. If they had both agreed to a shootout, then that would've been fair given the circumstances. But now? The only sensible thing is to blow the whistle and move on.

antohan

No rush. But you said yourself that Annah won't change his mind. And we can't replace him with another manager - that would be plain ridiculous in my opinion. Edgar won the match, technically speaking. If they had both agreed to a shootout, then that would've been fair given the circumstances. But now? The only sensible thing is to blow the whistle and move on.
Keano disagrees. It's been done before, several times.

antohan

Is there no one out there who would fancy a penalty shootout? I'm actually kicking myself for taking EAPs PM, since I never had one.

I'm not asking @Balu, hasn't he lost like a trillion shootouts or was that someone else?

Chesterlestreet

Man of the crowd
Keano disagrees. It's been done before, several times.
Yeah, but seriously - are you suggesting someone steps in, does the shoot-out, wins and then continues to manage Annah's team? Because that's what has to happen. If he won't do a shootout, he certainly won't continue after someone else has won the shootout for him.

And now Edgar has gone for a while too, I suspect - so we'll have to replace him as well.

It doesn't make a whole lot of sense if you ask me.

antohan

Yeah, but seriously - are you suggesting someone steps in, does the shoot-out, wins and then continues to manage Annah's team? Because that's what has to happen. If he won't do a shootout, he certainly won't continue after someone else has won the shootout for him.

And now Edgar has gone for a while too, I suspect - so we'll have to replace him as well.

It doesn't make a whole lot of sense if you ask me.
We've had a more ridiculous case of crappy taking over a team, winning a semi beelieved to be lost, and then the manager merrily waltzing back for the final and demoting him to AM :lol:

Don't think any of that applies to Annah, he is just not interested. In fact, he told me he did that vote thing hoping I would match it so that the whole thing was done and dusted one way or the other (clearly one way, by design). I just don't think the players deserve that. I know they are ficticious fantasy draft names on a teamsheet, but I don't think it's right.

Chesterlestreet

Man of the crowd
We've had a more ridiculous case of crappy taking over a team, winning a semi beelieved to be lost, and then the manager merrily waltzing back for the final and demoting him to AM :lol:

Don't think any of that applies to Annah, he is just not interested. In fact, he told me he did that vote thing hoping I would match it so that the whole thing was done and dusted one way or the other (clearly one way, by design). I just don't think the players deserve that. I know they are ficticious fantasy draft names on a teamsheet, but I don't think it's right.
Well, I'd be willing to bet that all of Best, Matthews, Blanchflower and Keano will continue in this draft under new managers - so in that sense, they won't be robbed of their glory.

But, sure - if someone wants to take over, then let them. It has to be crappy's call at this point, though - but where is he? Has he been around lately at all?

antohan

It has to be crappy's call at this point, though - but where is he? Has he been around lately at all?
Nope, one reason why I think this could be handy, hand him a team and we could get him to reconnect with his passion for keeping drafts moving along.

Chesterlestreet

Man of the crowd
Nope, one reason why I think this could be handy, hand him a team and we could get him to reconnect with his passion for keeping drafts moving along.
Anything to keep it moving along. I personally think it stands in danger of dying an unspectacular death. Christmas is just around the corner, people have things to do and places to be, etc.

crappycraperson

"Resident cricket authority"
Scout
Edgar goes through. No invalidation of the votes will be taking place once the poll is closed. Infact once you have voted, you can only switch and that is it. Withdraw vote option is not available.

Balu

Der Fußballgott
Supports
Bayern Munich
In fact, he told me he did that vote thing hoping I would match it so that the whole thing was done and dusted one way or the other (clearly one way, by design).
You've become so predictable :lol:. He owned you, played you like a fiddle. I hope you learned your lesson. Well done Annah.

antohan

You've become so predictable :lol:. He owned you, played you like a fiddle. I hope you learned your lesson. Well done Annah.
Except that he didn't. Well, sort of. I actually did see his comment on his vote and thought, "feck it, let's add some drama and confusion at the end of this terribly boring game". But he didn't care, so it wasn't particularly entertaining bar being able to dig up Keane's rant at Saipan.

That's my highlight/discovery of the game. It's a bit harsh (Well, yeah, it's Keano) but you could swap a few words and use it for just about everything.

Keano said:
Balu, you're a plonker … you're a fecking wanker. I didn't rate you as a puzzle-solver, I don't rate you as a manager, and I don't rate you as a voter. You're a fecking wanker and you can stick your unused vote up your arse. The only reason I have any dealings with you is that somehow you have a right to vote in these games and can influence their outcome! You can stick it up your bollocks, now go sit on your fence you wanker.

Balu

Der Fußballgott
Supports
Bayern Munich
I actually did see his comment on his vote and thought, "feck it, let's add some drama and confusion at the end of this terribly boring game".
Ffs, go and find a hobby :lol: